Beach Club Boat Rentals

sarcasticblonde

DIS Veteran
How many of you have ever rented small boats to pilot yourself around the lake? We are staying at Beach Club and would love to rent one of the smaller boats to tool around the lake on our downtime. Looks like $45 per 30 minutes for the 6 passenger boat (we are a family of 4). Neither of us has ever drove a boat before so should be interesting. Just curious of other's experiences with it. And if you don't know what I'm talking about, here a link from the WDW site:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/motorized-boats/

You are talking about a pontoon. They are amazing! The thing is I would recommend you drive to one of the Magic Kingdom resorts and rent a boat there. The waterways are MUCH bigger than the ones at Beach Club.

You are talking about a pontoon. They are amazing! The thing is I would recommend you drive to one of the Magic Kingdom resorts and rent a boat there. The waterways are MUCH bigger than the ones at Beach Club.
This is what I would do much bigger area to explore

We love renting boats on Bay Lake and exploring the Seven Seas lagoon as well. It is a nice relaxing break, and in an hour you can get around and see everything so it isn't too expensive. Last trip we got to see the Beach Club area by pontoon for the first time on a fireworks cruise, and while it isn't nearly as big as what you get over at MK area resorts it still would be worth doing. Either way, don't worry about lack of boating experience. The boats are big (and slow) and easy to drive and they make it very easy. We found it to be a great way to get the kids to relax for a minute and do something different. When our daughter was 3 she threw a fit and didn't want to wear the life jacket, so she stayed back with Mom that time, but we have ridden the boats since and the kids always seem to have a nice time.

You also don't need any experience. There are maps inside of each boat depending on which lake you are on. I have driven a Searaycer speed boat there and they are super easy and extremely fun. I haven't driven a pontoon but my dad has while my mom and I were on it. Also, if you're riding a pontoon with anyone over the age of 14 (possibly 13 or 12, I can't remember) and theh tell you he/she has to wear a life jacket, ask them to check with management because they changed this rule a while back but did not inform the workers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter