Be warn if you are driving over to Brevard County

snelsonbrown

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo
Good morning,
If you will be traveling into Brevard County today, be aware that Beachline East which is Hwy 528 and I-95 is closed due to smoke and fog - I do not know just how long this will be held today, but make sure that you stop and ask before getting on these main roads.
We have had some major problems and accidents caused by the fires here which now it appears were set deliberately.
anyhow if you run into a problem, you are most welcomed to call the shop at 800-950-4559 and will hopely have updates for you.
always
Shirley and Norm

We are leaving tommorrow night from Maryland. I've heard about these fires for a couple days now. We were planning on taking I95 to exit 77 into Cocoa.
Do you think this is affected? or we might be better off jumping over to Rt1 from Daytona? Any thoughts???

What a mess.

I think the problem was the smoke and the atmospheric conditions. As the sun warms the air, it should get better.

rbork, US 1 is horrid. Just try to listen to traffic reports to see what is closed, then make your decision.

Looks like they are about to reopen 95. Fog seemed to be the big issue here, keeping the smoke from being able to rise.

As an update, I-95 and 528 (the Beachline) are now reopened.

Thanks for the information. this is really helpful since we are leaving for WDW tomorrow night at midnight.

THanks for the updates.

See ya on the road Cindalu! We're leaving MD 1 or 2 AM. Don't you love driving while the Kid's sleep?! It's nice to "talk" to DH in peace and quiet without the caos going on in the back seat. :teeth:
Have a safe trip.

looks like these roads may be closed again, just saw a report. What'cha all think of going 50 east to 95 north. Titusville (beaches) exit, east to 1. then south to the port.

We are leaving tomorrow morning for a 3 day Wonder.

Any better ideas let me know, we are natives so we know the back roads.

Curious as to why you say 95 north. You can take 50 all the way to US 1. This is one of only 2 exits for Titusville. One thing that might help some of you folks coming in on 50 is to look for the 405. This is only about a mile east of 95 and runs parallel to 50 all the way to US 1. Not sure if this road has been getting as congested, but might be worth a shot.

golly, I've lived here for 15 years, never knew 50 ended at US 1.
We always got on at 95 north or south. I just assumed 50 dead ended somewhere in Merritt Island.

Thanks!

We need some rain. Geesh.

All I can say to those driving this way, keep checking the traffic reports. The Beachline is closed, and I-95 is open at this time. But it can change.

So you "play" over here too? :moped:

Anywho, I still have the option of driving through Orlando or Jacksonville to get to the Port tomorrow. Which would you suggest would be the best choice? I live in a fog, but can't stand smoke!! :smokin:

Thanks in advance and see ya (cough, cough) at da "Boat" Saturday! :boat:

Chris :woohoo:

We are arriving at MCO, how can we get an update once we are on the ground?? Hopefully all this will be over by next week, but having a plan in place just in case will make it less worrysome...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter