Be our guest

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
We have dinner reservations, i am really struggling if i should keep this one.
We are not on a dining plan..
I have a very picky 12 year old the only thing he will eat of the adult menu is the steak... none of the sides not the appetizer. I guess he will eat most of the dessert trio.
Can he eat off the childrens menu?
Or should i try and get lunch?
My Dh wont eat much of it... but we have paid $60 for just the entree before at other steak houses. We could try somewhere else just dont know where. We are only going to two parks MK/studios

That's a hefty price to pay if some in your party won't eat much of their meals. I agree with PP, if you'd like to see the inside, try for breakfast or lunch. You can order as little or as much as you want at those meals since they are QS. Or simply consider a different TS for dinner. We personally like Skipper Canteen the best, but MK has TS with varied menus (Tony's - Italian, LTT - American fare, Plaza - sandwiches, burgers, etc.) so perhaps peruse the other TS menus and see what appeals to you most. I, personally, would be hesitant to spend that much on a meal at BOG if people weren't really going to enjoy the food.

While we've really enjoyed dinner at BOG in the past, the new prix fixe menu turned us off so we tried lunch on our trip last month and really enjoyed it. It was way cheaper and the food was good! If meeting the Beast isn't a game changer for you, I'd definitely do lunch instead. Your 12 yo might be able to choose something from the kid's menu at dinner but you will still pay adult price for him, not so at lunch. My DD 11 ordered from the kid's menu at lunch no problem and I only paid the kid's prices because it's a QS at breakfast and lunch.

I would skip BOG for dinner as it sounds like it's not going to be "worth it" if people in your party aren't going to eat the meals. Breakfast there is also on the spendy side for what you get. If you decide for breakfast, check the menu first and make sure it works. If it were me, I would try for lunch as I think that's the best value at BOG and if you can't get it, I would go elsewhere.

Skipper Canteen has an adventurous menu as well so that may not be for you but there's also Crystal Palace, Tony's and Liberty Tree which are all TS inside the park (assuming the castle with princesses is out). I would check menus at those places and see what you think. Tony's might have the most "average" choices in terms of menu items or Crystal Palace might be a good choice because it's buffet.

You also have the option of dining at one of the MK area resorts and taking a monorail ride. Your TS dinner options open up even more if you decide to do that.

We have dinner reservations, i am really struggling if i should keep this one.
We are not on a dining plan..
I have a very picky 12 year old the only thing he will eat of the adult menu is the steak... none of the sides not the appetizer. I guess he will eat most of the dessert trio.
Can he eat off the childrens menu?
Or should i try and get lunch?
My Dh wont eat much of it... but we have paid $60 for just the entree before at other steak houses. We could try somewhere else just dont know where. We are only going to two parks MK/studios

I would ditch this one. Youare going to spend a lot of money and some of your party will leave hungry. The entrees in WDW do not size up to entrees in your home town I bet, but are much smaller.

In the MK I think your family may like Skippers. You can order what you want, ask for the sauces etc to be served on the side, and mix and match your sides, if you like. As long as a side is offered with an entree you usually can swap it if you do not liek the one served with your choice.

I like Tony's and there is a new chef there, so you may like it too.

WE have enjoyed Liberty Tree Tavern in the past, however it is not our first choice. For dinner it is an all you care to eat THanksgiving type meal and a lot of people really like the food. Check the menu to see if your family will like it too.

Have you considered the Plaza? It is a lovely small restaurant with "simple" food. We like ti a lot.

If you do not see entrees your family will liek at the TS restaurants in teh park, I would look at teh CS. I woudl nto soend that money that MK restaurants charge for food your family will throw away.

While yea it is on the expensive side, but then what place in Disney is NOT expensive!....................

We just had a very pleasurable, enjoying dinner there 2 weeks ago, the food was fresh, nice portions, hot, well presented. As a matter of fact to our surprise this was one of our favorite meals of the week! Yea, it shocked us indeed after reading some of the comments in here, I am sure your picky child will find something to eat, so if you really want to try it out for yourself, go for it!

Have you considered trying the Wave at CR. We’ve always had a great meal there with awesome service. It’s a nice little break from the park and easy to get back and forth.

I would try lunch. I did breakfast recently and was underwhelmed, not by the location but by the food. Ive heard better things about lunch.

She should be able to use children's menu or maybe even just order a dessert. Havent been to BOG for dinner but all of other sit down dinner's, we had HS age girls using the children's menu or sometimes not even ordering and just sitting with us having a soda.

I would do lunch or breakfast. The new pricing is why we are not eating dinner there on our next trip. Two of ours would probably select Mac & cheese from the kids menu and I don't want to pay $60 x2 for Mac & cheese. We also have eaten there 2 times already prior to the new pricing. So our situation is a little different.

She should be able to use children's menu or maybe even just order a dessert. Havent been to BOG for dinner but all of other sit down dinner's, we had HS age girls using the children's menu or sometimes not even ordering and just sitting with us having a soda.
While they may allow them to order off the kids menu, since BOG is prix fix, they would still pay the adult price no matter what was ordered.

We ate lunch there earlier this year and were not impressed (various types of sandwiches), maybe dinner is better, but not sure why some rave about the interior/layout. You lineup in a stuffy hallway and then order off a confusing touchscreen menu when you get to the front of the line. The CM assisting those ordering acted like everyone was too slow placing their order......but the screen layout isn't obvious and if you don't work there then probably it's the first time doing this. Food was just average for lunch, we won't eat there again.

If dinner is some pricey fixed price menu, I would look for other dining choices.

Last edited:
We ate lunch there earlier this year and were not impressed (various types of sandwiches), maybe dinner is better, but not sure why some rave about the interior/layout. You lineup in a stuffy hallway and then order off a confusing touchscreen menu when you get to the front of the line. The CM assisting those ordering acted like everyone was too slow placing their order......but the screen layout isn't obvious and if you don't work there then probably it's the first time doing this. Food was just average for lunch, we won't eat there again.

If dinner is some pricey fixed price menu, I would look for other dining choices.
That's why it's best (and highly recommended) to pre-order for breakfast and lunch. You avoid waiting in the typically long line to order and just walk right up. Easy peasy. I've had lunch there several times over the years and have found my food to be super delicious every time, so YMMV.

I would skip BOG and go to skipper Canteen or liberty tavern. We had a lot of fun last time we went to LT. the food was really good!
Last time we went to BOG for dinner, we didn’t even get a pic with the beast since they were so backed up. Dinner was slow and no one wanted to wait around for the pic afterwards. There was still a long line... kind of a bummer.

That's why it's best (and highly recommended) to pre-order for breakfast and lunch. You avoid waiting in the typically long line to order and just walk right up.

Maybe the line was shorter when you were there. Regardless of whether or not you pre-ordered, it was our experience that everyone still had to stand in line in that long/narrow/stuffy hallway before reaching the order area.

Maybe the line was shorter when you were there. Regardless of whether or not you pre-ordered, it was our experience that everyone still had to stand in line in that long/narrow/stuffy hallway before reaching the order area.
Hmm, something must have been off that day. Typically you walk straight in if you pre-order, you do not have to go down that hallway.

I'd also recommend trying for breakfast or dinner ( as the castle really is something to see ) but if your party isn't going to be able to find something they will enjoy eating, that is a lot of money for ascetics.

If you're looking for other recommendations - we really enjoyed Grand Floridian Cafe. We loved the Victorian feel and the food was so good.

While yea it is on the expensive side, but then what place in Disney is NOT expensive!....................

We just had a very pleasurable, enjoying dinner there 2 weeks ago, the food was fresh, nice portions, hot, well presented. As a matter of fact to our surprise this was one of our favorite meals of the week! Yea, it shocked us indeed after reading some of the comments in here, I am sure your picky child will find something to eat, so if you really want to try it out for yourself, go for it!

I agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter