Be Our Guest

McDanielFamily

DIS Dad #738
Just a thought...

On our recent trip there we used a QS meal for lunch at Be Our Guest. I thought for the quality of the food & the atmosphere, that there isn't a better place to use a QS. Any opinions? Any other restaurants at WDW that may be similar?

We haven't eaten at BOG yet and just cannot get a reservation. I'm guessing according to you that the QS there is just as well???

I totally agree, Be Our Guest is a WONDERFUL QS option. On the dining plan, it is an amazing use of a QS credit! We were fortunate to be able to have dinner there on our last trip (which was out of this world!), so we went back and had lunch another day. Lunch of course is a little less formal experience and no meeting Beast, but you definitely get to still have the experience of the castle - plus, you get to pick where you want to sit! You order at kiosks and they bring the food to your table - very classy! :thumbsup2 And the food is GREAT at both meals!

If you are looking for another great CS that is a step above a regular CS. Try Wolfgang Express. They also serve you, you eat on real plates and they refill your drinks. It is not a themed place like BoG. Nothing is! But the food is really good!

We haven't eaten at BOG yet and just cannot get a reservation. I'm guessing according to you that the QS there is just as well???

They have QS at lunch & TS at dinner. We waited for 25-30 minutes to get in & it was well worth it!

If you are looking for another great CS that is a step above a regular CS. Try Wolfgang Express. They also serve you, you eat on real plates and they refill your drinks. It is not a themed place like BoG. Nothing is! But the food is really good!

We hope to spend a bit more time at DD on our next visit. Would love to try Wolfgang's!!

I totally agree, Be Our Guest is a WONDERFUL QS option. On the dining plan, it is an amazing use of a QS credit! We were fortunate to be able to have dinner there on our last trip (which was out of this world!), so we went back and had lunch another day. Lunch of course is a little less formal experience and no meeting Beast, but you definitely get to still have the experience of the castle - plus, you get to pick where you want to sit! You order at kiosks and they bring the food to your table - very classy! :thumbsup2 And the food is GREAT at both meals!

We loved it at lunch! Might try dinner reservations on our next visit (which isn't soon enough!!) so our kiddos can meet The Beast.

No other QS restaurants in the parks compare to BOG in my opinion. Earl of Sandwich at DD is another top favorite. We haven't tried WPE yet.

We have some picky eaters in our group. Am I the only one who thinks this menu stinks??

Not a great variety. We really do want to see the theming and love Beauty and the Beast.

Linda

:thumbsup2 Make sure you go to the Marketplace location. It is one of the best CS restaurants on WDW property. Be aware that it's a little pricier than most CS restaurants if paying OOP, but that makes it a deal if you're on DDP.

I second this. WGPE is usually the highlight meals of our trip. I cant believe its CS! Absolutely delish.
Ro Z said:

The lunch and dinner menus are not really fancy. Theyre pretty basic items...which looks yummy IMO. Are you referring to the kids menu perhaps?
momof2minnies said:
We have some picky eaters in our group. Am I the only one who thinks this menu stinks??

Not a great variety. We really do want to see the theming and love Beauty and the Beast.

Linda

magicbob said:
:thumbsup2 Make sure you go to the Marketplace location. It is one of the best CS restaurants on WDW property. Be aware that it's a little pricier than most CS restaurants if paying OOP, but that makes it a deal if you're on DDP.

Yes yes yes. Totally agree!

Earl of Sandwich gets high marks, but it's so inexpensive that it isn't considered a good deal on the DDP.

Wolfgang Puck Express is usually considered the best value on property for a CS credit, and is similar to BOG in that you order your food, sit, and the food is brought to you.

We've done BOG lunch and dinner and loved both! So,no I don't think the menu stinks!

It's a nice and certainly needed addition to MK. Don't care for buffets nor Tony's so a decent evening at MK is hard to find unless you settle for QS! Even LTT, it's family style sure, but it's buffet type food at dinner, I only do it for lunch!

As far as picky eater, our two 11 year old girls were allowed to substitute the side that comes with the kids steak and they were happy!

Tried both the steak sandwich & grilled ham & cheese & strawberry cupcake it was all very good!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

For theming and ambiance, no, there really isn't anything that compares to BOG as a CS. It's hard to compete with the ambiance at other TS restaurants, let alone CS.

Food quality, there are several other great places. Wolfgang Puck, Sunshine Seasons, I'm a big fan of Tangarine Cafe, Earl of Sandwich... But they are all in either outdoor seating areas, indoor food courts, or just a regular old dining room.

We are planning on eating lunch QS at Be Our Guest on our next trip in September. Can you tell me how long the wait is for lunch? What time would you recommend during the lunch window that might be less busy?

We are planning on eating lunch QS at Be Our Guest on our next trip in September. Can you tell me how long the wait is for lunch? What time would you recommend during the lunch window that might be less busy?

You're going during free dining, so the wait is likely to be long. Aim for about 11:45, when the crowd that thought they'd be sneaky and save time by arriving early has died down, but before the crazy lunch crowd, and expect to wait for a bit. Like 30+ minutes or much more. We were there in January and the waits were 35-50 minutes at opening and they stopped letting people in line anywhere from 1:30 to 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter