Be Our Guest Restaurant for Lunch

SherriA1

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch? If so, any favorite entrees? I am hoping to eat lunch there on an upcoming trip! Thanks.

I've been there a few times for lunch, and I LOVE it! Incredible atmosphere, innovative technology and delicious food! I'm a fan of the turkey sandwich (my father said it's the best he's ever had) and the croque Monsieur, but I've also heard great things about the quiche and braised pork.

I always recommend it for an early or late lunch though, because the line gets very long around typical lunch time!

What are the times lunch is served? I plan to eat a late lunch there when we go but I don't want to plan to get in line at 4:30 if they cut off the line at 4:00.

The grilled ham and cheese (not sure of the real name) is really good. The fries are good (crispy) and the strawberry cheesecake cupcake is amazing. Don't let the long line scare you either, it goes really fast. We were at the turn by the end of the bridge where the stoller parking and walkway to Gaston's and The Little Mermaid are and we only waited 20 minutes to get in and order. Definitely worth it, a must do for both lunch and dinner in my opinion.

We ate early (this was back in January) to try to avoid the crowds - I want to say they opened at 10:30 and we were in shortly after that.

I had the turkey sandwich - not overly impressed - it was (as I recall) mainly turkey and some kind of sauce -and bread - it felt like it should have something more like cheese in it or not be a sandwich - just be turkey by itself.

Dh had the braised pork and really liked it.

Unimpressed for lunch, food-wise. Got a Croque Monsieur (Croquet Monster, in our group ;) ) and the Tuna Nicoise.

Croque Monsieur was fine, but we prefer the similar Ham and Cheese Croissant in France/Epcot for much less $$. Obviously, if you are in MK, you are not going to zip over to France to grab the cheaper sandwich, so in this case, the bottom line is this sandwich is tasty.

Tuna Nicoise. You broke my heart. Your lovely picture in the menu of large, thick slices of tuna. Your HD images on the touchscreen, begging to be caressed, and part me from my $13. Your completely tiny and disappointing 4 slices of tuna, that composed 3 bites each. The bitterness in my soul as I contemplated how many Citrus Swirls I could have purchased with $13... (I'll try to add a pic later, don't have it available right now)

For me, I would not return for lunch. I would however try dinner. Fickle, I know :)

Forgot dessert - definitely the highlight of our meal. Tried 4 of 6 items, all were winners. Stuff your face!

I had the Quinoa Salad with the Lemon Creme Puff. The salad was extremely filling, had the right amount of dressing. and the creme puff was really good. There's something dietary special about it. I can't remember what it is but the cm recommended it and it made me think twice about ordering it, but I tried it anyway and it turned out great. It wasn't too sweet or tart.

I had the braised pork, which is one of my favorite meals from our whole trip. We'll definitely be going back, and I expect that it will be for lunch again. :)

We had lunch at BOG during our trip the second week of June. We loved it!! My husband actually listed it in his top 3 favorites from our trip. I will say, we stood in line for 40 minutes during the HOTTEST day of June! The heat index was over 100 and it was HOT. They passed out Disney golf umbrellas to the people in line to use to block the sun (I wanted to ask to buy one!) and when we were leaving they were walking up and down the line with a cooler of ice water and cups (where was the water when we were in line!?!?) :rotfl2: We really enjoyed our food and it was a great experience! I have some pictures if you want me to share :)

Unimpressed for lunch, food-wise. Got a Croque Monsieur (Croquet Monster, in our group ;) ) and the Tuna Nicoise.

Tuna Nicoise. You broke my heart. Your lovely picture in the menu of large, thick slices of tuna. Your HD images on the touchscreen, begging to be caressed, and part me from my $13. Your completely tiny and disappointing 4 slices of tuna, that composed 3 bites each. The bitterness in my soul as I contemplated how many Citrus Swirls I could have purchased with $13... (I'll try to add a pic later, don't have it available right now)

:rotfl::rotfl:Thanks for the hilarious Tuna Nicoise review! When we were there in May I had trouble deciding between the Tuna Nicoise and the braised pork. I went with the braised pork and enjoyed it, but was planning on trying the Tuna Nicoise when I returned in Sept.

Tuna Nicoise. You broke my heart. Your lovely picture in the menu of large, thick slices of tuna. Your HD images on the touchscreen, begging to be caressed, and part me from my $13. Your completely tiny and disappointing 4 slices of tuna, that composed 3 bites each. The bitterness in my soul as I contemplated how many Citrus Swirls I could have purchased with $13...

:lmao: Best review ever!! :rotfl:

I love love love BOG for lunch, now it's the only place we go when we're in MK over lunchtime. And if we had ADR's, we'd go for dinner later that day too! I got the steak sandwich but wasn't too impressed, so I'm not overly upset it's gone now, but the turkey sandwich was so delicious. I was worried it might be dry, but it was super tasty. Normally my appetite would only let me eat half of it and the fries, but it was so good I kept going back to it until it was all gone. The fries are great too.

And the cupcakes, oh the cupcakes! You MUST get a strawberry cheesecake one... best cupcake I've ever had! Just don't try to take it out it's wrapper, its a losing battle.

BF loved the steak sandwich so much he got it both times we went (what? they no longer have it? I can't break the news to him).

I had the ham and cheese and thought it was pretty good. Second time I had the turkey sandwich and found it a bit bland. I wouldn't order it again.

The cupcake and cream puffs were good-I'd probably go with a cream puff again.

We visited in December and lined up at 10:30 each time and were in the door by 11 a.m.

Has anyone been to Be Our Guest Restaurant for lunch?

Yes, a lot of people have been, including me. ;)

The quiche was my favorite lunch item. The croque monsieur is my 2nd favorite.
If you ask on the restaurant board or just do a search there, you will find many threads about this subject.

We've been for lunch during the passholder preview. I had the turkey sandwich and it was edible. A nice change from standard lunch fare at a lot of other places, but not overly tasty. I can't remember what else anyone else had, but we all agreed it was worth it just to be in that place! Beautiful and amazing!

We loved it for lunch! The braised pork was great. We went the first week of January but, even for the busy time of year, we only waited in line for about 30 minutes. We sat in the West Wing, which was really cool, and our food came very quickly. Our only dissapointment was that we wanted to try the "grey stuff" but that's only served at dinner. Still, I'd say it's some of the best food in the MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter