Be Our Guest - No more Breakfast, Lunch to be Prix-Fixe Table Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
I'm shocked the board hasn't exploded with this news!! I saw it on multiple sources this morning.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...ervice-breakfast-or-lunch-for-the-time-being/
No more breakfast to be served at BOG and lunch is going to be prix-fixe table service - pricey, but a tad less than dinner I believe.

Some sources are speculating it is temporary, but others not indicating that.

My guess is in looking at everything they finally saw how much they were losing (or how little they were making) on breakfast since they never enforced the intended prix-fixe everyone must order menu but instead allowed things like reserving for a party of 10 and getting one cup of coffee and/or a cupcake. And making lunch table service means the kitchen doesn't have to totally shut down and flip from QS to TS. I suspect TS lunch is permanent, and if breakfast does come back it will be prix-fixe TS and require everyone to order.

since they got rid of the braised pork, was probably going to cross it off the list anyway. Was nice to be able to make an ADR for lunch and know you'd have a table to sit for lunch and get out of the heat.

Agree on breakfast, seems like the majority of people made PPO ADRs just to be able to ride 7DMT and Peter Pan before the crowds got there and ordering one item for a group was a cheap way to do that.

Yes, I learned about this a while back and it's total crap. We won't return. Hate that it's table service as I liked choosing our table at BOG. I also really liked the Croque sandwich for lunch & that's no longer available. These look like dinner options with a price tag to boot, served at lunch time. Forget it.

I'm glad we have season passes that last until April. We've got three trips planned, then we'll probably not return for a while. Be Our Guest ruined, Splash Mountain ruined. I'm losing interest in spending a lot of money on WDW.

Thats a shame I really really like having PPO breakfast here. Maybe in a few years it will return or maybe not. Who knows.

I'm shocked the board hasn't exploded with this news!! I saw it on multiple sources this morning.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...ervice-breakfast-or-lunch-for-the-time-being/
No more breakfast to be served at BOG and lunch is going to be prix-fixe table service - pricey, but a tad less than dinner I believe.

Some sources are speculating it is temporary, but others not indicating that.

My guess is in looking at everything they finally saw how much they were losing (or how little they were making) on breakfast since they never enforced the intended prix-fixe everyone must order menu but instead allowed things like reserving for a party of 10 and getting one cup of coffee and/or a cupcake. And making lunch table service means the kitchen doesn't have to totally shut down and flip from QS to TS. I suspect TS lunch is permanent, and if breakfast does come back it will be prix-fixe TS and require everyone to order.
It's been news for awhile now, but not really newsworthy since the loss of the dining plan anyways, IMO. And as we know, possibly temporary. Not a lot to speculate on considering everything that's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!