Be Our Guest = No Characters?

rthib

Mouseketeer
Got my BOG ADR and when I booked I noticed it said not a character meal.

So no Belle or others?
DD is sort of Belle Crazy so wondering if it is still worth it?

Got my BOG ADR and when I booked I noticed it said not a character meal.

So no Belle or others?
DD is sort of Belle Crazy so wondering if it is still worth it?

Sorry no Belle here, Beast does pose for photos at dinner time but that's about it. We loved lunch here as the atmosphere is very unique and it is definitely one of the most impressively themed restaurants in WDW now.

But, if you secured t a dinner ADR they are hard to come by. Most of the dinner reviews have been positive with a few negatives here and there. The ambiance is worth it even if Belle isn't there, almost feels like she is.;)

It's not a character meal. The beasts walks through the dining room and waves, but doesn't visit tables. You can get a picture with him after dinner.

There are no characters besides the Beast, but if your daughter loves Beauty and the Beast, this will still be a magical experience. I much prefer BOG at dinner as opposed to lunch. The service was excellent, the food fantastic, and the calmer atmosphere of dinner contributed to the magic. If you have a late reservation, you may find yourself in an empty ballroom with the Beast all to yourself, as we did. Immediately after dinner, we headed next door to Enchanted Tales to see Belle. Keep the reservation, it's an incredible experience. I have a full review with pictures posted to my blog, the link is in my signature. Have an awesome trip! :)

No Belle...but totally worth it just to eat in the castle! It was the best meal and experience of our week...and our whole party of 12 agreed. There is no way I would give up that reservation!

As others have said, the Beast is available for photos after you eat, but only during dinner. There are no characters at lunch. There is a figurine of Belle in the Rose Library that you can see during lunch (the gallery is closed at dinner and you cannot go look inside). The West Wing is themed from the movie. The main ballroom kind of looks like the one in the movie, but nothing about it really "screamed" Beauty and the Beast to me.

If you want to see Belle while eating, your best bet is Akershus (at Epcot). She's typically the photo package princess over there. She used to be at CRT, but that stopped once ETWB opened in New Fantasyland.

Does anyone know if there is a photopass photographer with the Beast or do you use your own camera? Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a photopass photographer with the Beast or do you use your own camera? Thanks!

There was a photopass photographer there in March. You can also use your own camera if you aren't doing photopass.

I think the photoopass photographer is hit and miss because we were there for dinner the week before Easter and there was not one. We took them with our own camera...so be prepared either way.

There was when we went 2 weeks ago. Soooo worth it if you got the ADR. We loved this restaurant. We had a 8:20 so we just had drinks and dessert, but we were seated right in front of the window and it looks like you are up in the mountains and it is snowing. It was amazing and they treats were pretty good...not as good as my beer though;) !!! My brother went 2 days after us because I was able to snag 2 adr's for our trip and gave him the one we weren't using. He ate dinner there and said it wasn't very good, but they still enjoyed it because of how amazing the restaurant was. Even if the food is just eh, it is worth going in and being part of the atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter