Be Our Guest for Dessert only. (not sure if this has been asked before)

DisneyWorldMimi

Mimi to a new Disney Lover
We would like to make reservations for Be Our Guest Restaurant for possible lunch when we go in December. We won't do dinner because I am a VERY picky eater and there nothing that I would eat except maybe the meat on the dish, but nothing else.

So I was thinking of possibly going there to enjoy a nice dessert instead of the whole meal.

Has anyone else done this? Is it even possible?

I think it's possible because we booked the PPO reservation for the early mine train but because we had free breakfast at the hotel I just ordered "grey stuff" cupcakes & coffee& soda. They gave us the plate of pastries that I wasn't expecting because we hadn't ordered a meal.

I'm sure others will chime in that this is indeed possible at lunch (or breakfast) since both meals are QS -- you can order whatever you like, as little or as grand.

I'm sure others will chime in that this is indeed possible at lunch (or breakfast) since both meals are QS -- you can order whatever you like, as little or as grand.
You can do it at dinner, too. A restaurant being TS doesn't mean it has a minimum order requirement as long as it's not AYCTE.

I'm doing exactly this at LTT to check OGTC off my list on the next trip. Part of our traveling party did what you're asking at Monsieuer Paul a few weeks ago because they just wanted to try their desserts. I would imagine BoG would let you do it as well.

Yea... it's not a great dessert place at all. Just sort of okay. So, you can do it, but only you can decide if it is worth it when you can get something better elsewhere.

We did dinner last time and I am extremely picky. Had the steak and pommes frites (French fries), and it was great.

Not everything is as fancy as it looks. :)

My DD & GDD went to WDW the week of the 4th to the 10th with some very good friends who are like family, in fact the mother is my best friend and her youngest son and her daughter are like a brother and sister to my DD. (I will call the Bro & Sis). Bro had a reservation for BOG for himself & his wife for Monday night. My DD & bro went to check on the reservation and the person at the check in counter thought my DD was his wife. Bro said that it was his sister and so the CM asked how many were in their group all together. They said that there were 7 total. He did some checking and turned around and said that if they wouldn't mind waiting an additional 5 minutes they had a cancellation in the West Wing room that was for a party of 8. Needless to say, they took that reservation instead. They were celebrating my GDD's birthday on this trip, plus Bro returning from a deployment and his wedding anniversary. They were all surprised with extra special goodies. They really enjoyed it even though it was just desserts for them all and it was a nice surprise too. It was something they hadn't planned on. GDD loves both Bro and Sis and calls them Aunt & Uncle. She especially loves Bro and he treats her like a little queen. He has two boys ages 2 & 1.

We have decided to just be able to enjoy going to BOG and getting a dessert will be fine with us. My DH & I aren't big eaters and so this will be fine.

You can do it no problem :)But keep in mind that te desserts are really small, and sometimes they get really backed up. I've waited an additional hour past my ADR time, once. I personally wouldn't wait that long for a tiny dessert.

We have done soup and dessert for dinner -- I really like their potato leek soup. We had a late evening reservation and let our server know up front we would just be doing a quick soup + dessert meal so he knew he could speed us out of there. He was fine with it (and didn't rush us at all). I agree that the desserts are nothing special there.

We have also done soup and dessert at lunch (what can I say, I really like soup). For lunch you pre-order online or at the kiosk, you can get as much or as little as you want.

I was there on a girls trip with some friends and we had made a late dinner reservation, I want to say around 8:30. We got hungry and couldn't make it until then so we ate dinner beforehand and just had dessert and a bottle of champagne at BOG. We did tip as if we had eaten full meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter