• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest dinner for my birthday ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We will be in MK on my birthday this summer if all goes well. Hopefully we won’t have to cancel for the 3rd time.
What’s your opinions on the food at BOG?
It will be 2 adults. We have had lunch there a couple of times when it was quick service.
We really liked the atmosphere, but never ate dinner there.
We do not like Skippers Canteen, Tony’s, and really don’t want a Thanksgiving dinner like Liberty Tree has.
Should we use the monorail to go to another restaurant?
I thought about going to a signature restaurant on the monorail loop, but we will probably be all sweaty from the park.

Here's a big question for you... Does the menu sound good to you?
If so then you'll likely enjoy yourself.
Personally the menu sounds terrible to me compared to what QS lunch used to be (I'm a sandwich girl so it was perfect for me).
I'll likely not return unless the menu becomes more appealing.

If it were me I'd probably go over to the Contemporary and eat at The Wave.

Here's a big question for you... Does the menu sound good to you?
If so then you'll likely enjoy yourself.
Personally the menu sounds terrible to me compared to what QS lunch used to be (I'm a sandwich girl so it was perfect for me).
I'll likely not return unless the menu becomes more appealing.

If it were me I'd probably go over to the Contemporary and eat at The Wave.
Well a few things on the menu looks good to me.

We went with my two nieces about 2 months ago and loved it. The adults n out party ordered the filet mignon, the chicken and the seasoned vegetables and all were very good. For dessert we had the grey stuff and the cake with lemon. We had more than enough to eat and the kids as well as the adults liked everything. Although the Beast can't visit the tables now he did come out several times during dinner and walk around a bit so we took lots of photos. Afterwards they let us walk around in the West Wing and take pictures of the rose and other decor. I think it would be worth it for a birthday dinner.

The two of us ate a late lunch there in Oct and it was very good. Expensive, but the food tasted very good and was filling. Tables were socially distanced.

We went with my two nieces about 2 months ago and loved it. The adults n out party ordered the filet mignon, the chicken and the seasoned vegetables and all were very good. For dessert we had the grey stuff and the cake with lemon. We had more than enough to eat and the kids as well as the adults liked everything. Although the Beast can't visit the tables now he did come out several times during dinner and walk around a bit so we took lots of photos. Afterwards they let us walk around in the West Wing and take pictures of the rose and other decor. I think it would be worth it for a birthday dinner.
I just watched a YouTube of the dinner and the filet mignon looked good! That’s probably what I would order if we go. The lady in the video had the chicken and said it was a little dry, but tasty.

Never been to The Wave but love the food at BOG plus the experience of eating in Beast’s Castle feels magical. And I would stay in MK and not leave and come back feels like a time waster.

Never been to The Wave but love the food at BOG plus the experience of eating in Beast’s Castle feels magical. And I would stay in MK and not leave and come back feels like a time waster.
Yes it does take time. That’s why we don’t get hoppers, it’s to much hassle traveling to and from.

I have been to both in October. The filet at BOG was the best I’ve ever had. I have eaten at BOG for breakfast, lunch (QS), and dinner both pre and post menu change. I ever understood why so many people say the food is terrible. I have never had a bad experience, some things aren’t as good as I might hope when I compare it to other things I’ve had, but they are still good. The Wave was also good and we are eating there again but I would pick BOG for a birthday dinner.

I have been to both in October. The filet at BOG was the best I’ve ever had. I have eaten at BOG for breakfast, lunch (QS), and dinner both pre and post menu change. I ever understood why so many people say the food is terrible. I have never had a bad experience, some things aren’t as good as I might hope when I compare it to other things I’ve had, but they are still good. The Wave was also good and we are eating there again but I would pick BOG for a birthday dinner.
Thank you! Yes I think we will go to BOG. The atmosphere will make it even better.

We just went last week (and had previously only dined there when lunch was quick service). It’s overpriced, but we knew that going in. I was pleasantly surprised by the food. Bread and butter was really good. I had French onion soup which was excellent, and the filet. The cut of meat was not amazing, but the flavor and sauces were delicious. I ate every bite.
However the service was extremely slow. Our waitress didn’t even stop by our table for 15 min after we were seated and then it took another 5-10 for the drinks to come back, and we had already waited 15 min past our ADR so we were all very thirsty and needing some water.

We just went last week (and had previously only dined there when lunch was quick service). It’s overpriced, but we knew that going in. I was pleasantly surprised by the food. Bread and butter was really good. I had French onion soup which was excellent, and the filet. The cut of meat was not amazing, but the flavor and sauces were delicious. I ate every bite.
However the service was extremely slow. Our waitress didn’t even stop by our table for 15 min after we were seated and then it took another 5-10 for the drinks to come back, and we had already waited 15 min past our ADR so we were all very thirsty and needing some water.
Glad to hear the food was good. Oh I have had waitress problems like that before 🙄.

Last edited:
We went for dinner late December. It is definitely expensive. I'm sure you can find better food for the price but it's worth it if you've never been for dinner. The Beast does come out several times and "sprints" through for pictures. Make sure you have the sport setting on your camera or they may be somewhat blurry. :)

Four of us had the filet and it was above average from what I've had before. My wife ordered the scallops and they were very good. (I stole a bite of hers). Lobster Bisque, French Onion soup, bread, and all of the desserts were very good also.

They did let us get up and walk around for pictures and the tables were spaced out very well. Overall, we really enjoyed it.

We went for dinner late December. It is definitely expensive. I'm sure you can find better food for the price but it's worth it if you've never been for dinner. The Beast does come out several times and "sprints" through for pictures. Make sure you have the sport setting on your camera or they may be somewhat blurry. :)

Four of us had the filet and it was above average from what I've had before. My wife ordered the scallops and they were very good. (I stole a bite of hers). Lobster Bisque, French Onion soup, bread, and all of the desserts were very good also.

They did let us get up and walk around for pictures and the tables were spaced out very well. Overall, we really enjoyed it.
Thank you for posting your experience. Sounds like it will good for a birthday dinner. It will fun seeing the Beast!

We had similar issues with service but too fast instead of too slow. We got our apps and 5 min later they arrived with entrees trying to clear away plates. Wouldn’t have been issue but we had 10 at table so literally wasn’t enough room for plates so we had to aggregate plates (not huge issue for us but not ideal service). Bigger issue for us was two kids in our party got Mac and cheese and they accidentally made it without cheese. This took long enough to fix that neither kid ended up eating any of their entree and we still paid full price. Overall I’d say mixed review on food and gerneally below average service for signature prices you pay. I honestly think you can get similar price meal at California grill (pending what you order) or much cheaper at the wave and both were much better IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter