Be Our Guest ... can this really be true?

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
Considering lunch at Be Our Guest ... but looking over the All Ears menus, it seems they offer NO vegetarian options? None? In the year 2019? Tell me that All Ears -- an excellent resource -- is wrong this time.

Actually, now that I've opened this thread, I'll ask another question: What do you consider the best option in each park for a vegetarian?

The bean cassoulet is vegetarian. And, you could ask them to leave the chicken off the salad. There is a sticky about vegan and vegetarian in the parks with lots of good information.

I was going to mention the bean dish and salad too. You could also get the croque monsieur without the ham. That would be vegetarian but not vegan.

As mentioned already the bean casserole is the only option thats vegetarian by default. Anything else requires leaving something off another dish. Maybe they would serve you the pasta and vegetables off of the kids menu?

Considering lunch at Be Our Guest ... but looking over the All Ears menus, it seems they offer NO vegetarian options? None? In the year 2019? Tell me that All Ears -- an excellent resource -- is wrong this time.

Actually, now that I've opened this thread, I'll ask another question: What do you consider the best option in each park for a vegetarian?

We went to Be Our Guest last week with three vegetarians. The bean cassoulet is vegetarian but none of them wanted that. I had called Disney dining when the menu changed in June to ask about vegetarian options, and they said not to preorder because there would be more vegetarian options when we checked in. The additional options at check in were to leave the ham out of the Croque Monsieur or to leave the chicken or shrimp off the salad. I asked if they could get the vegetable quiche since it is still on the breakfast menu, but they said no. The vegetarians all ordered the Croque Monsieur without ham, which I think I could have done as a preorder. It's disappointing that Be Our Guest eliminated most of the vegetarian options.

Best in each park:

MK - Pecos Bill's (surprisingly) - the plant-based burger was a big hit, along with the veggie nachos and the cauliflower tacos. This has never been my favorite quick serve, but everyone liked their food this time.

Epcot - lots of choices here - we ended up at Sunshine Seasons for a late breakfast and the vegetarians enjoyed a veggie power wrap of some sort. If we were doing table service, I would go for Via Napoli. We had planned on Tangierine Café but weren't there at the right time.

Hollywood Studios - we ate lunch at Sci Fi, which offered a crabless crab cake, vegan lettuce wraps, and a falafel burger. Our crew got the lettuce wraps and the burger and enjoyed them.

Animal Kingdom - Satuli Canteen - no contest. It was excellent for everyone. Yak and Yeti table service has good choices too.

Best overall - Sanaa, beating out perennial favorite Boma for the best vegetarian options.

The bean cassoulet is vegetarian. And, you could ask them to leave the chicken off the salad. There is a sticky about vegan and vegetarian in the parks with lots of good information.
Okay, I didn't realize the cassolet is vegetarian -- when I make it, it includes chicken thigh. "Leaving off the chicken" seems like a low-end option for a place like Disney. Disappointing.

My daughter's the vegetarian, and none of these options -- while I appreciate your comment -- none of these are going to wow her.
We went to Be Our Guest last week with three vegetarians. The bean cassoulet is vegetarian but none of them wanted that. I had called Disney dining when the menu changed in June to ask about vegetarian options, and they said not to preorder because there would be more vegetarian options when we checked in. The additional options at check in were to leave the ham out of the Croque Monsieur or to leave the chicken or shrimp off the salad. I asked if they could get the vegetable quiche since it is still on the breakfast menu, but they said no. The vegetarians all ordered the Croque Monsieur without ham, which I think I could have done as a preorder. It's disappointing that Be Our Guest eliminated most of the vegetarian options.
Again, disappointing.

Thanks, All, for your help. Sadly, you've backed up what I feared was true.

I am going to check out that vegetarian sticky. Didn't know it was available!

Unfortunately, that is out of date. The vegetable quiche is not available at lunch. The potato leek soup and the quinoa salad are gone from the menu. Not sure about the dinner choices.

Too bad about the vegetable quiche. I was looking forward to trying it.

I believe the french onion soup at BOG uses vegetable broth.

I believe they switched the recipe. It was not vegetarian in January. Now, they may have changed it back again since then, so I would definitely ask when ordering if you’re looking for a vegetarian option.

Why use 'All Ears' menus. Just use the Disney menus.

Sometimes Disney doesn’t update their online menus very quickly.

I believe they switched the recipe. It was not vegetarian in January. Now, they may have changed it back again since then, so I would definitely ask when ordering if you’re looking for a vegetarian option.

Sometimes Disney doesn’t update their online menus very quickly.
But doesn't All Ears essentially use Disney's menus?

Since it's quick serve maybe she could eat before and just order dessert for her at BOG.

Although a non-vegetarian, I love the lighthouse sandwich at the Columbia Harbor House.

I'm not either & chose cauliflower taco for one of my taco trio at Pecos Bill's. LOVED it! Ate some as poppers out of the taco shell, delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter