Be Our Guest breakfast for early admission

KathyinNY

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to know if it's still the policy that as long as one person in the party orders something, there is no "no show" charge for a breakfast reservation.

If I have a reservation for a party of 3 for breakfast, can I still order just a cup of coffee and gain early admission to the parks?

I know this was the policy last year - just wanted to make sure it hasn't changed.

Thanks.

I think they are doing away with the pre-park opening. It's been discussed on here that people can't find a reservation before the park opens. But the restaurant is not a set price restaurant so people can order whatever they like there isn't a minimum charge.

I actually do have a reservation for pre-park opening (8:30 reservation for 9:00 opening) so I don't think they have done away with it yet.

That's interesting that they are possibly getting rid of BOG PPO

Maybe they will re-release it as a prix fixe breakfast meal

I know not everyone had to order. But did they really let people in who just ordered a cup of coffee for the whole table? I'm surprised.

They really need to bring this back as a moderately priced fixed price meal.

I know not everyone had to order. But did they really let people in who just ordered a cup of coffee for the whole table? I'm surprised.

I think the only way to have stopped it was to set a minimum dollar threshold or you know, make it table service the entire day.

My date is next week - 1/24. Park hours on the website start at 9:00 for Magic Kingdom - so that's the opening time, right? So with an 8:30 breakfast reservation I'll be able to enter the park early?

I know I did it that way last year - I just want to make sure they haven't changed anything.

If the park opens at 9:00 everyone will be allowed in the park at 8:00 but will be held in the hub until rope drop at 9:00. As long as EMM isn't happening that morning you should be able to do 7DMT prior to park opening (assuming that is what you want to do). If EMM is happening that morning they will allow you to get in the stand-by line but they won't allow anyone in the stand-by line to ride until 9:00.

My date is next week - 1/24. Park hours on the website start at 9:00 for Magic Kingdom - so that's the opening time, right? So with an 8:30 breakfast reservation I'll be able to enter the park early?

I know I did it that way last year - I just want to make sure they haven't changed anything.
Yes, you'll be in "early". I think you can get in a few minutes before 8, ahead of the pack that will be held on main street. I have a PPO breakfast there on the 28th too. It's later in the year that they've stopped booking them.

Thank you! Can anyone confirm that they won't charge a no-show fee as long as you show up and order something?

BOG is the only place I can think of that granted PPO access without a set meal price. Everyplace else is a character meal I believe. Shocking that a restaurant actually wants to sell food if they’re going to be open and staff it :rolleyes2
Nothing against the OP, they’re just playing by the rules Disney established, but BOG really should have been a set price from the beginning and even had the Beast there for the ridiculous price they charge for a plate of quick service eggs.
We liked going here PPO because the food was pretty good and we don’t always feel like a big character breakfast. This was overpriced, but worth it to us to start out in the back of the park ahead of the crowds.

I’m not surprised Disney is seemingly putting an end to the PPO admittance for the price of a cupcake split 5 ways, I’m just shocked it took them this long. Another dumb move on Disney’s part was serving the platter of pastries to every table even if they order 1 cupcake. They’re usually so good at milking every penny from guests I can’t fathom how this went on as long as it did.

Thank you! Can anyone confirm that they won't charge a no-show fee as long as you show up and order something?
Unless something changes between now and then with their policies you should be fine. It’s not a set price so you’re able to order as much or as little as you want.

BOG is the only place I can think of that granted PPO access without a set meal price. Everyplace else is a character meal I believe. Shocking that a restaurant actually wants to sell food if they’re going to be open and staff it :rolleyes2
Nothing against the OP, they’re just playing by the rules Disney established, but BOG really should have been a set price from the beginning and even had the Beast there for the ridiculous price they charge for a plate of quick service eggs.
We liked going here PPO because the food was pretty good and we don’t always feel like a big character breakfast. This was overpriced, but worth it to us to start out in the back of the park ahead of the crowds.

I’m not surprised Disney is seemingly putting an end to the PPO admittance for the price of a cupcake split 5 ways, I’m just shocked it took them this long. Another dumb move on Disney’s part was serving the platter of pastries to every table even if they order 1 cupcake. They’re usually so good at milking every penny from guests I can’t fathom how this went on as long as it did.
We're on the dining plan. We are getting a full breakfast. I think the breakfast looks good and I'm surprised that so many people do this and order just a cup of coffee. I know some would, but I would think the majority of people would get breakfast (and eat it really fast LOL).

We also really enjoy the breakfast, and IMO it is an amazing deal for a QS. I am so bummed that the PPO is going away.

I am also shocked that they allow this, but considering that they do, I have no problem taking advantage of it.

Thanks for all of the information!

Probably not, because they are allowing booking after 9AM. So they'd be doing one set of rules 8-9AM, one set after for 9-10:25. Which is operationally awkward.
I agree with you, but it sounds exactly like something BoG would do to further complicate the whole experience. After all, it's a Quick Service AND a Table Service restaurant. And even though it's Quick Service for most of the day, you still need an ADR. Unlike other QS places, you can't mobile order. But you can pre-order. Just not through mobile ordering. And through a completely different portal. Unlike other QS places, you don't pick up your food - they bring it directly to your table. Except drinks. Which you have to get. Except at dinner. When they bring them to you. It's a character meal. But only for dinner. With one character. That doesn't visit tables. During the QS breakfast, they will bring your table a plate full of pastries "for free". Even if all you ordered was a croissant and coffee. In many ways, BoG is the definition of "operationally awkward" - it's almost part of its charm (or, depending on one's point of view, lack thereof).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!