Be my decision maker!!

wishuponastar617

Earning My Ears
I am very excited for my Disney trip in September with one of my girl friends. We're looking forward to trying all different kinds of dining adventures, but I need some help in the decision making process. :confused3 I have been to WDW many times, but this is her first trip. So far we have the following ADR made:

Nine Dragons- Dinner
Chefs de France- Dinner
Akershus Princess- Breakfast
Crystal Palace- Breakfast
Ohana- Dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern- Dinner

We have 3 more reservations we can make. I definitely want to try to fit LeCellier in there somewhere but I don't know whether to do lunch or dinner. There is not much of a difference there, correct?

Also, where else would you suggest or what would you replace out of what i've made? These were some thoughts.
-Tuppo Italia
-Mama Melroses
-Tony's Town Square
-Yak & Yeti
-Teppan Edo
-Signature Dining

would LOVE to hear your thoughts! :worship:

I am very excited for my Disney trip in September with one of my girl friends. We're looking forward to trying all different kinds of dining adventures, but I need some help in the decision making process. :confused3 I have been to WDW many times, but this is her first trip. So far we have the following ADR made:

Nine Dragons- Dinner
Chefs de France- Dinner
Ohana- Dinner

We have 3 more reservations we can make. I definitely want to try to fit LeCellier in there somewhere but I don't know whether to do lunch or dinner. There is not much of a difference there, correct?

Also, where else would you suggest or what would you replace out of what i've made? These were some thoughts.
-Tuppo Italia
-Mama Melroses
-Tony's Town Square
-Yak & Yeti
-Teppan Edo
-Signature Dining

We LOVE LeCellier !
You may end up having a lot of trouble getting LeCellier at this point, it gets booked pretty quickly. Luckily as far as I can tell it is only 2 of you so that might make it easier. Lunch is easier to get than dinner, the menu is pretty much the same regardless.
We really like Teppan Edo but that is because we don't go for Japanese much and the kids are fascinated by the chefs there. if you do Japanese at home this is pretty much the same anywhere. Tony's Town Square we have done and enjoyed.
I have never been but my sisters really liked the 50s prime time, and if you like burgers the sci-fi is a pretty neat experience and the burgers and shakes are yummy. But it really depends on what kind of food you are looking for.. Good Luck

Nine Dragons- Dinner
Chefs de France- Dinner
Ohana- Dinner

-Tuppo Italia
-Mama Melroses
-Tony's Town Square
-Yak & Yeti
-Teppan Edo
-Signature Dining

We always try to make at least one meal at the Japan pavilion, so whether it's Teppan or Tokyo Dining, I'd suggest fitting it in. We were disappointed with Tony's Town Square (seems to have declined a bit) - plus it was really loud. If you are looking for sit down at DHS, Mama Melrose is quite nice - we really enjoyed it last year. Fairly quiet and off in a corner of the park. Good food - especially dessert! Yak & Yeti is your only suggested DAK meal, so if you are looking for TS there, that would be a good option, although the Yak & Yeti CS is pretty good too. Personally, we prefer Pizzafari (the only place on property where we get pizza!). Liberty Tree gets mixed reviews - on one hand, it's comfort food that some people like, but others feel that they could save money by buying Stouffer's meals straight out of their grocer's freezer case!

Nine Dragons- Dinner I GO TO TEEPN EDO
Chefs de France- Dinner Love it here
Akershus Princess- Breakfast never been
Crystal Palace- Breakfast Love it here
Ohana- Dinner-smoked food & it was dry we didn't care for I would go to Kona or the Wave or the GF Cafe if you wan to stay in that area.
Liberty Tree Tavern- Dinner I go to TONY'S Like LTT but Tony's is much better.

Just my opinion. HAVE FUN :banana:

Thank you for your suggestions so far! I appreciate it.

I was thinking about Japan, since I have dined at Nine Dragons before. But I'm not sure how I feel about sitting with a bunch of other people. Not to be rude, but I guess I feel dining is my time to get away from the crowds. Should I reconsider? is the food that good?

We'll be eating at a lot of places where I'll be ordering a steak of some kind. (since I dont' like seafood) Thats why I was looking into an Italian or Chinese food restaurant. But I want to make sure those will be worth it :)

Nine Dragons- Dinner
Chefs de France- Dinner This is on our list for our upcoming trip!
Akershus Princess- Breakfast Ate here with dd, and liked it.
Ohana- Dinner This was GREAT when we went. I loved everything!

-Tutto Italia Dh and I ate here and thought it was very good.
-Mama Melroses
-Tony's Town Square
-Yak & Yeti LOVED our meal and experience here.
-Teppan Edo
-Signature Dining

Can't comment on the others as I haven't eaten there. I notice you have alot of places to eat at Epcot. Are you going to be spending several days there? Or will you just be hopping back to eat? That might be a lot of running around. We enjoyed Sci Fi at DHS and also Kona at the Poly.

You might want to think about T-Rex Cafe in Downtown Disney. We LOVED it there! It is a bit loud, but it is just unbelievable and the food was fantastic! Not a cheap place to go, but worth the money. You should at least go for a drink or appetiser or both! :cool1:

Teppan Edo is a Must Do for us! The food is fantastic and the entertainment is outstanding. The service far surpasses most!

First - If you are determined to eat at Le Cellier, good luck getting a dinner reservation. People have been saying it's easier to get lunch ressies instead.

If you are looking for somewhere in DHS to eat, the Mama's would be the place I recommend. Sci Fi was not very good the last time we went (I actually got sick after eating there), and I hated Brown Derby. Mama's has been consistenly good over the last several visits.

However, if you dont' mind doing a bit of walking...you could leave DHS and walk to one of the nearby resorts and eat there instead.

I love Yak & Yeti so that would be a great addition to your plans, IMO.

Tutto Italia was my favorite meal of our October 2009 trip. Close second was San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavilion. :thumbsup2

ETA: I also agree with the PP who suggested T-Rex! We ate there in October as well and LOVED it! I actually just rearranged our 2010 schedule so I could squeeze it in again!

Simba22--- I was able to get a LeCellier ressie for dinner :) Lucky me, I guess!

devonsmommy- We are doing a lot of the meals at Epcot. Honestly, just because they looked like they were the best. I think the running back to Epcot is going to get old. But nothing else looked as good!

I am correct in thinking that Trex is not on the DDP?

Thank you all again-- i still look forward to any pictures, reviews, or critiques on my ADRS.

Thank you for your suggestions so far! I appreciate it.

I was thinking about Japan, since I have dined at Nine Dragons before. But I'm not sure how I feel about sitting with a bunch of other people. Not to be rude, but I guess I feel dining is my time to get away from the crowds. Should I reconsider? is the food that good?

We'll be eating at a lot of places where I'll be ordering a steak of some kind. (since I dont' like seafood) Thats why I was looking into an Italian or Chinese food restaurant. But I want to make sure those will be worth it :)

I can't blame you for wanting time to get away from the crowds - that's why I suggested Mama's and cautioned against Tony's. More so, though, if you don't like sitting with other people, I'd think twice about Le Cellier. Not much room in that restaurant and the tables are very close to each other.

If you are looking for a quiet meal with some privacy and want something new, I highly recommended switching out Nine Dragons for Tokyo Dining. I haven't eaten at Nine Dragons, but Tokyo Dining has some of the best service on property, quality food, and it's pretty quiet, especially at lunch. They have a varied menu with many items other than sushi. There are a couple of chicken dishes, some beef dishes, and salads and appetizers, not to mention yummy desserts. But, in the end, it just depends on what you want to eat!

Chefs de France- Dinner - to do list, but not this year
Akershus Princess- Breakfast - great breakfast actually have been twice - taking this year off, DH very bummed about it...Crystal Palace- Breakfast - also a favorite, not a bad thing to say
Ohana- Dinner - Here is where we differ, absolutely nothing good to say about it, we went back to the resort for pizza immediately after dinner.
Liberty Tree Tavern- Dinner - one word - AVERAGE

-Tutto Italia - very good, some items are small servings, waiters to die for!
-Mama Melroses - a personal favorite of our family, never had bad service or bad food. A must for us!
-Tony's Town Square - sorry never been
-Yak & Yeti - diamond in the rough, fresh food, very, very, very good!!
-Teppan Edo - to do list
-Signature Dining - not ready to take the plunge yet!
LeCellier - I paid OOP for this, and I am a cheapstake!!

To start off, I've yet to eat at Il Mulino, but I've yet to find an even passable Italian restaurant on premises. Of your top three, I'd avoid all of them.

Of the rest:

-Yak & Yeti - Ate there on our last trip. Nice set-up and pretty good signature drinks. We had only soup and appetizers for a light lunch, and I wasn't disappointed. Not our best pick of the trip, but some of the best food in Animal Kingdom, at least.

-Teppan Edo - Haven't been, yet, but I hear good things. The only thing I can say is that, if you don't want to sit with another family, you'd be better off at Tokyo Dining.

-Signature Dining - I highly recommend you check out some of the signature restaurants' menus and see if you like anything you see. Some of the best dining experiences in the parks are signature. My personal favorite is Jiko.

Tutto Italia is very good. We were there last week & loved it. Our favorite signature dining is Yachtman's Steakhouse at the Yachtclub. The food is to die for & the service was the best we have had anywhere. It's a very nice place to walk around after dinner outside around the lake.

Nine Dragons- Dinner
Chefs de France- Dinner
Ohana- Dinner

-Tuppo Italia
-Mama Melroses
-Tony's Town Square
-Yak & Yeti
-Teppan Edo
-Signature Dining

We love mama melrose!! We hated tonys town square. Service was worse than awful food was alright. atmosphere was cute tho! Have fun!! I hope you get Le Cellier itson the must do for this trip for us! I hope we are able to get in.

I did a girls trip last year. You guys will have a great time. :cloud9:

We really like the Wave when we went there - it's a nice grown up atmosphere & the drinks are fab.

We also thoroughly enjoyed Boma and Ohana. Boma is nice b/c you can get a glass of wine at Victoria Falls before dinner, after dinner at Ohana be sure to go down to the beach for the fireworks show.

Also put the Tequila Cave in Epcot on your list. The time we spent there was some of the funnest time of the vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!