Be careful of amazon!

Directly under the "place your order" button is a message that says:

Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering.
Items in your Shopping Cart always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product pages.

The "Sign-in" part is like a button, and if you don't read the rest you might be likely (I would anyway) to just hit the button as if it were to just sign you in to the site, not the one-click. Maybe that is what happened. One-click shopping probably defaults to Amazon Prime (mine does not because I changed my setting a while back to disable one-click.)

I just posted this situation to keep it from happening to someone else. I am still able to replicate the situation by creating new ficticious accounts, so it's not that I didn't read something carefully.

Maybe it does have something to do with cookies. I don't know. Combined with previously mentioned warnings I had read on this board, I wanted to give people a heads up.

I know that this happened, and can re-create it, whether people here choose to believe it or not, I don't really care.

I was trying to help out my friends on the budget board, and I think it's really sad that some people have to take the opportunity to say that they are just sure it's my incompetence.

I was trying to help people out, and people have to reply with their own feelings of superiority. I don't need that, so I'm officially done with this thread.

In the OP's defense, I just tried it and it did the same thing to me. I've used Amazon a lot and will continue to do so but this "glitch" is definitely a problem because without being able to access the learn more link, which also happened in my case, one might not realize clicking on the banner is going to instantly sign you up once you log in. I clicked on the banner which brings you to your log-in screen, once you log in you instantly get the "You've successfully joined Amazon Prime" (which I'll be canceling, of course).

I've never had an interest in signing up for Prime other than their free trials so this wouldn't have effected me but thanks for the heads up for others than might run into the same problem.

I'd never wanted to join Prime, so I never clicked on the link either way. Thank you OP for mentioning it for anyone who might click on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter