BCV vs BWV???????

jdlawler

Earning My Ears
We are about to buy a resale and can not decide between BWV or BCV.
We are afraid that BWV will be to much of an overload for our two daughters 5&6,no down time .
Are the villa away from the action at BWV and threrfore the noise is down? Is BCV to far away , is it okay little girls? :confused:

bwv the standard rooms are far enough away from the action

however I would go with BCV - they have a quiet pool for the kids now - but when they are teenagers they will love SALB.

I split one stay between these two resorts specifically so I could decide which was better. Personally, I much preferred BCV, mostly because I loved the beachy theme. I noticed that at BWV, when you come down the elevator and open the doors, you're right in the middle of the lobby, noise and hub-hub. At BCV, when the elevator doors open, you're in a very peaceful little lobby, pretty too, I thought. I liked my view at BWV better, even though it was a standard view. But I loved the sandy bottom in one area of SAB. I could just sit on a rock there and wrinkle my toes into the sand. Loved it! Isn't it interesting how one little thing can make such an impact? Also, I loved the closeness of B&C. So why is my next trip to WDW at BWV? Because DS wants BWV. Everyone's different-he loved that it had more "action"!

I can understand your anguish, it’s a lot of money and you want to make sure you go with the best choice. But honestly, you cannot lose with either one. As mentioned previously, SAB is the big reason to go with BCV over BWV. BWV allows you to request better room views than at BCV. Otherwise I think it boils down to theme preference.

I too love both these resorts and own at both. I understand your situation, it is very hard picking one over the other, they are both great resorts. With the age of your children, I would go with the BCV because of its theming as well as SAB.

I agree that it's really a "win-win" scenario either way you go. We own at BCV but have stayed both there and BWV and love both equally. As others have said, it really comes down to theme preference and how you feel about SAB; remember that you cannot pool-hop there. Both have convenient locations, busy and secluded areas, great restaurants and shopping and lots of Disney magic.

Both are great resorts for varying reasons, and except for the busier times of the year you should not have any trouble using your points for one at the 7 month window to reserve the other. So you won't be "locked in" either way. Truthfully, I think you should let the availability and cost of the resale be your main guide.

Good luck with your purchase!

I would go with BCV.........but then that is what I did. It looks like you are choosing between two great options, how can you go wrong? Because we have never toured any of the DVC properties we struggled with the same issue as well. In the end SAB was what did it for us. At BCV you get the best of both worlds, but if you are at BWV you can not us SAB.

Good Luck!!!!

I would do BCV for these reasons:

short walk to Epcot
the pool! (plus no scary clown)
inside restaurants (great on a rainy day)

Beach Club was the right choice for us as my 6-year-old loves two things: the water and Test Track.

Some posters will claim they don't like BCV because it's hard to keep an eye on the kids at Storm Along Bay but, to me, that's like saying you don't like Disney World because it's hard to watch your children at the Magic Kingdom. If you want to lay out and relax you can always just use the Villas pool.

I vote for BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter