BCV vs BWV

disynut

DIS Veteran
Okay, apologies first: I know this has been hashed out over and over but the Search box usually just pulls up lots of trip reports for me. I need fellow dvc'ers advice:lovestruc. My 7 mo window opens soon, so I am looking at a few alternate choices for our next trip. We have stayed at WLV, SSR, OKW, BCV, BWV, BLT, and numerous other resorts in the "hotel" part at WDW. This time I'm having a hard time deciding where to stay(and I know neither might be available, I'm just trying to be prepared just in case). This trip will be the week before Easter. Miserable crowded, I know. We probably will not do the parks all that much and might even venture off property to Universal and SeaWorld:scared1:. Last April we stayed at BLT in a lake view and LOVED it. That is another option that is in the back of my mind. We haven't done the BCV/BWV in a while so I'm thinking maybe over there would be a nice change, but, just don't know. We do enjoy all the dvc resorts, though I don't like being at the back of SSR or OKW, we like being near the "action". The kids will want to swim and use Community Hall a lot. SO,.....I'm searching out opinions and things I haven't thought of(which is usually a LOT, lol!)....where should I try for?

Thanks in advance!:goodvibes

Jen

There's a nice Community Hall at BWV. It's Flower and Garden time, so either BCV or BWV would be convenient for that and the Flower Power Concerts.

I like BCV because it feels cosy and homey. BWV is much larger and more spread out. Also I like the choices at the Beach Club marketplace for a quick breakfast or lunch. And SAB is amazing.

You haven't tried AKL. Very nice pools, get a savanna view room so the kids can watch the animals from your room, different feel from all the other resorts, and try different foods.

Regarding BCV versus BWV: the BCV pool is a DVC favorite but be aware that BCV does not have a community hall. If you stay at BCV the kids will need to go over to BWV for community hall activities.

I agree with the AKV suggestion if you're not planning on doing the parks much anyway. It's got a completely different feel from the other resorts. Great animal viewing, fun pools, excellent restaurants, and a variety of kids activities. It sounds like it could be a great match. It's our son's favorite, and we love it, too.

Since you labeled the thread BCV vs BWV, I would think that if you're wanting a mostly pool oriented vacation, that BCV would be a great bet. You can still walk over to Epcot or the Boardwalk area if you want to, and you'd have Stormalong Bay for your swimming.

but be aware that BCV does not have a community hall. If you stay at BCV the kids will need to go over to BWV for community hall activities.

Wow--I did not remember this. I was wondering about the food options, and i do like the ones at BCV better than BWV....but my kids absolutely love to run in Community hall, especially while we're swimming......

My issue w/AKL is there's no where to run! I'll be coming from a long winter on the treadmill, and I HATE the treadmill. When I get to FL I look forward to running outside and I've heard others say that there's no where to run at VAKL.

I think it will be the luck of the draw at that time of year and in the end you'll be happy with either resort they're both fantastic.

Wow--I did not remember this. I was wondering about the food options, and i do like the ones at BCV better than BWV....but my kids absolutely love to run in Community hall, especially while we're swimming......

My issue w/AKL is there's no where to run! I'll be coming from a long winter on the treadmill, and I HATE the treadmill. When I get to FL I look forward to running outside and I've heard others say that there's no where to run at VAKL.

It's not the most scenic jog in the world, but you can jog between Kidani and jambo, and through the parking lot perimeter.
I'm planning on jogging from BLT to the TTC, Poly, then GF during our Oct trip. May even take the boat to fort wilderness one morning.

We are booked for March at BWV and I tried to change dates at 7 months out. The other weeks were all booked. I am not sure when you are planning to go, but I would be sure to call as soon as MS opens. Hopefully you will be successful! Enjoy your vacation.

If your kids are very young, SAB might not be as appealing.

If they are older and strong swimmers, then yes it can be lots of fun.

BCV - the problem with SAB is you can't see the entire thing - it has 7 life guards for a reason.

so unless you are sure your kids will stay where you can see them - would go with BWV.

otherwise would go for BCV love it restuarants ! BWV has none - they are located along the BW not in BWV. not very helpful on a rained day

We have stayed at both resorts and own at BWV. For our next trip in March '12, we asked our DD-17 and DS-12 where they would prefer to stay because they are each bringing a friend. Both agreed that they wanted to be at BCV because of SAB. I booked BWV at the 11-month window and this week at the 7-month window was able to switch to BCV. As adults, we prefer the parking at BCV but prefer the location of BWV. As for dining options, I consider everything in that area accessible, so it doesn't matter which resort we are at.

We own at BWV:thumbsup2;however, for our next trip in 2 weeks we will be staying at BCV for a change :confused:. We like BWV to just sit and chill at the quiet pool right near the Community Hall, but then we don't have kids traveling with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter