BCV: Room Request Advice

flywithpan

Earning My Ears
I've read some on here making comments about the roads around the BCV, making too much noise around the rooms. Are there some areas to request that are better than others?

Also... when I made my reservation, I suppose I was confusing it with the hotel part near SAB POOL... so i added a note for a view of the water, but now that I really look at it, I dont see the possibility of having a water view short of the canal on the entrance side of the building.

So... are there good views to request?

Can you see the water from any of the rooms?

Should I be concerned with noise?

And maybe most interesting, can you get a room on a high floor with a view of Spaceship Earth or the World Showcase / Fireworks?

They always seem to say that you should make these requests in advance.

OH... and does anyone have any advice or thoughts on these items:
The character meals there, movies on the beach or the fireworks cruise?

Thanks for any feedback!
FWP

We always ask for an upper floor with an Epcot view. You can see some of the fireworks that way. I believe the only "water" view would be on the other side, over the quiet pool area.

So... are there good views to request?

Can you see the water from any of the rooms?

Should I be concerned with noise?

And maybe most interesting, can you get a room on a high floor with a view of Spaceship Earth or the World Showcase / Fireworks?

FWP

I second that suggestion for the Epcot view. Of everything we did at disney, watching fireworks (in the distance) at Epcot from the Balcony was my kid's favorite part of the trip...

You can't see anything that happens on the water, and depending on the exact spot at BCV you may or may not see the Giant-Earth.

DSC04088.JPG

One tip - make sure that you are not getting placed into a special room for disability-access (unless you need it of course). There is zero counter-space in those rooms. Instead of a bathtub you get a open shower with just a curtain. And instead of having the toilet/tub separated from the sink-area, its all just one giant tiled room. You also lose the closet. It looks more like a gym lockerroom than a upscale bathroom. I had asked for a room with a good view, and was given this type of room (without being told its a handicapped room).

I'm sorry if this just muddies the issue, but if you want to avoid road noise, I'd suggest NOT asking for an Epcot view. The one time I was bothered by road noise was also the one time I got an Epcot view. I always ask for a quiet area and get the woods view. I tried asking for the woods view, but MS wouldn't acknowledge it. You could also try asking for a room facing the Eiffel tower of France-that should get you a woods view with no road noise. Somewhere there's a great website with lots of pictures of various room views at BCV. Unfortunately, I don't know the website, even though I've contributed lots of pictures there. Hopefully, someone else will supply the name for you. Meanwhile, here's a photo of what else can be seen from the top floor, woods view rooms-
DSCF1350.jpg

^^^nice room map....I see it still shows smoking rooms and we all know the resorts are all non smoking now.....does anyone know if it's still accurate as far as the info on the 2BR villas with 2 Queen Beds:confused:

we were able to see mk fireworks from there, however it is so bright as the lights around the pool are on all night.

The chart is still accurate as far as location of the rooms. They haven't changed the configuration of the building since it went non-smoking. As far as two queens, the map itself says it "may not be correct."

Stayed in Room 552. Did not have two queens in the second bedroom. Had three balconies and excellent view of Illuminations.

The chart is still accurate as far as location of the rooms. They haven't changed the configuration of the building since it went non-smoking. As far as two queens, the map itself says it "may not be correct."

Stayed in Room 552. Did not have two queens in the second bedroom. Had three balconies and excellent view of Illuminations.

That must have been an awesome view! We are staying this summer in a 2bd lockoff and I would love to get that room. Don't want to get my hopes up though I put in no h/c (had that experience already) and higher floor. We'll see what that gets us. :thumbsup2

Just got back from room 553 2 bedroom dedicated. The kids watched the fire works every night before bed.

I am partially responsible for the 2Q listing. I believe the rooms noted are correct with the omission of room 304 being a 2Q room. This list was compiled through many room reports and looking at the configuration of the room (no balcony off the 2nd bedroom).

That must have been an awesome view! We are staying this summer in a 2bd lockoff and I would love to get that room. Don't want to get my hopes up though I put in no h/c (had that experience already) and higher floor. We'll see what that gets us.

Just an FYI--552 is 2BR dedicated. I never request room location or preference when I reserve. Instead, I generally try to check in around 1pm-3pm or so and hand the CM a room listing by priority (yes, it may be a bit compulsive, but it always works). In the case of the BCV, I start with rooms that have fireworks views on the Fifth Floor, then the fourth, then the third. I include no rooms on the list from the first or second floor. The CM always goes down the list until they find one of the rooms available. I have always gotten exactly what I wanted this way. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter