BCV or BWV???

goltedl

Mouseketeer
My family of 4 are going to Disney in early Dec. Which resort would you chose between BCV or BWV and why? We will be trying to get a studio. Of course are first choice will be BLT...but if we need to get on a waiting list which should I chose as a backup.

For our family, we prefer to be in the middle of the action, so when we were debating on buying either BWV or BCV, We chose BWV. There are so many activities there...there is entertainment in the evening on the Boardwalk, lots of restaurants and shopping, Community Hall with various activities for the kids throughout the day, and you can walk to both Epcot and DHS. Also, for when the kids are both old enough for the kids' club in the evening at the Beach Club, DH and I will be able to enjoy the nightlife on the Boardwalk, but it is also very close to the Beach Club (plus the kids' program is at the BC anyway so you would still have to walk there and back either way). Of course, if the pool is the preference, then most people go with BCV for Stormalong Bay. So you just have to weigh your options and what is best for your family. Both are wonderful locations! As far as I know, Beach Club is very close to Epcot, but better to take the boat to DHS from there. BWV is closer to DHS than BCV is. Either way, this is such a great location and the reason why we were narrowed down to those 2 resorts when making our DVC purchase! Have a wonderful trip no matter where you stay!

Another vote for BWV, agree with bangzoom6877, there is just so much to do! Loads of entertainment and at Christmas time the have a choir on the lawn and they play the Bells, which is AWESOME, Then when everything calms down, we always take a stroll around the Boardwalk over to BCV, and back its so quiet and relaxing AMAZING,
You will not be disappointed by either resort tho. Good Luck

My family of 4 are going to Disney in early Dec. Which resort would you chose between BCV or BWV and why? We will be trying to get a studio. Of course are first choice will be BLT...but if we need to get on a waiting list which should I chose as a backup.

I'd choose another backup - that time period is already pretty booked at those two resorts. Early December is really really popular with BWV and BCV owners.

Early December will more than likily require booking at 11 months out (or at least prior to the 7 months mark) at your home resort. This is one of the most popular times at DVC as the christmas decorations are up and there are many festive shows and so forth and the points are low and the weather is usually still nice. I think your most likily backup, outside of your home resort, would be SSR or OKW due to the resort sizes. But if there is availablity, Id choose BWV, personally. The only draw for me at BCV is SAB which will be hit or miss that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter