BC vs. YC concierge??

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
Taking a trip in July with 2 of my kids (both teens) - DS really wants to stay at the BC. We have stayed at both YC and BC, like BC a little better overall. When the AP rates come out :-)rolleyes: ), I will see if concierge at either is affordable.
Could anyone who has stayed in concierge at either resort please comment on how you liked it - if it was worth the extra $$$, etc. We have been spoiled by the woderful concierge at the AKL :) :) :) ! What we would like is good variety of food offerings, helpful (not stuffy) staff, and nice atmosphere in the lounge.
Thanks for any advice!

I love the YC concierge and Amy with the itinerary planning office couldn't be nicer!!:teeth: I've stayed at BC but never concierge. I always felt at YC that you were treated so special. Little surprises left in your room and always helpful and friendly CM's. I also like the full balconies at YC. Makes relaxing and people watching fun. :earseek: I always found the lounge offerings to be substantial and although I've heard others complain that the lounge isn't big enough I thought it was adequate. I like the whole feel of the YC.

We stayed at the BC concierge from Nov 8-16 2003. We had a wonderful experience. The food offering were plenty, and a wide variety of dishes were offered (some for even the picky palate) The BC has a more family friendly feel to its lounge than the YC which is quietier and more elegant. The concierge staff is the best and they were always were eager to help or to chat when we returned from a long day. The best thing about the BC, YC and the BWI is the itineary planner Amy J she's is the absolute best person I've ever had the opportunity to work with. She made our vacation a 5 star getaway with her many personal touches (cards for the kids, cake for DS birthday, and choc. covered strawberries when we returned from our anniversary dinner). Like I said above and beyond - first class service - you won't be disappointed.

Please feel free to ask me any questions.

I think Amy hased moved on to something else. She was handling the arrangements for our May trip, but Lauren and Annalisa are doing them now. They all have been wonderful so far.

Amy is working with the Silver Plan guests for a while (filling in for someone else) but she hasn't left. She's in the same office. I agree, Amy is the best thing Disney has going for it. She's unbelievable and makes everything feel so special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter