BC to Morimoto Asia- Uber?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
We don't want to wait for the buses so we're doing a ride share. Planned on Ubering. Looking at a map it looks like that could be quite the hike if Uber drops off at strawberry parking lot. Do Minnie Vans have to drop off at strawberry as well or can they drop you closer to your destination at DS? (I've only been once and our driver dropped us in the middle of some parking lot in the middle of traffic... it wasn't good. Hoping for better now that construction is less!)

There is no way to drop at the "destination" at DS. You have to walk to the businesses, no drives or parking near individual locations.
However, Minnie Vans can drop you over at the older Bus Stop area, which may be closer to where Morimoto is located.
I've had 1 Uber driver drop us there too, when we told him we were heading to Homecoming.
Also had one go in the parking garage and drop us there, when he learned we were heading to a movie. It wasn't middle of traffic or anything, he asked and we said yes, so he drove up and dropped is right by the walking bridge and we thought it was awesome.
So it's possible your driver will have some leeway on where you are dropped off. Pick up can be trickier since the app will usually direct you to the official pickup/drop off spot.

There is no way to drop at the "destination" at DS. You have to walk to the businesses, no drives or parking near individual locations.
However, Minnie Vans can drop you over at the older Bus Stop area, which may be closer to where Morimoto is located.
I've had 1 Uber driver drop us there too, when we told him we were heading to Homecoming.
Also had one go in the parking garage and drop us there, when he learned we were heading to a movie. It wasn't middle of traffic or anything, he asked and we said yes, so he drove up and dropped is right by the walking bridge and we thought it was awesome.
So it's possible your driver will have some leeway on where you are dropped off. Pick up can be trickier since the app will usually direct you to the official pickup/drop off spot.
The old Marketplace bus loop is approved for use by Uber and Lyft, and there should be a way to request it within the apps. They may just default to whichever end you're closest to when you make the request.

When I'm driving, if someone tells me that they're going someplace I know is in Town Center or the Waterfront, I'll usually drop them in the garage with a warning that they can't be picked up there, but I'll drop off on one of the upper floors where's there's less traffic (and fewer Security cm's).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter