BC or YC?

I like the beach theme at BC. More light and airy feeling. YC seems "stuffy" by comparison. Oh and there are now dogs at YC. Easy decision.

We much prefer BC. It's lighter and more lively, plus you are a bit closer to EP. I found YC to be a bit dark and stuffy.

I was making that decision recently... I chose BC for mostly arbitrary reasons, but YC is a convention hotel and seems a bit busier. I like the lighter beach-ier decor at BC, and it's so very slightly closer to Epcot. :D

Either way, they're both beautiful resorts.

Yacht Club. Like the lobby better, like the room design better, and all rooms have full balconies, which is important to me.

I've stayed at both some time ago. You really can't go wrong with their resort and I love that they are connected by walkways - the best of both worlds IMO.

YC decor is darker - think high class of the 40s. I have not seen the rooms since they have been renovated so I can't comment on that.

BC decor is lighter, more nautical and more laid back.

If a balcony is important to you, it is good to note that the BC has several different styles of balcony rooms. Make sure if sitting on the balcony is important to ask the cast member when you book if they room type you are booking will have a full balcony. When we went we made the mistake of not asking and got a balcony you could only stand on ( I think they call it a Romeo and Juliet style ). When I inquired they said I had needed to book a different category room. Now, this was quite some time ago and it may have changed but it's worth asking about.

Share pool, different ambience. We stayed at the beach club and saw more kids. We walked over to the yacht club and it had a more adult feel. Beach club has the kids club and even had staff entertaining kids in a common area on a rainy day. In the end,if I had no kids I'd just choose the better deal because they are basically connected to each other.

Since YC has gone to the dogs now, I'd go with BC. Pool is the same and resort is similar. YC has all full balconies while BC has a mix of standing room only and full balconies.

Before our stay last week, BC. But after staying in the new YC rooms, we'd never go back to BC again, unless the rate was REALLY good.

I've stayed at both some time ago. You really can't go wrong with their resort and I love that they are connected by walkways - the best of both worlds IMO.

YC decor is darker - think high class of the 40s. I have not seen the rooms since they have been renovated so I can't comment on that.

BC decor is lighter, more nautical and more laid back.

If a balcony is important to you, it is good to note that the BC has several different styles of balcony rooms. Make sure if sitting on the balcony is important to ask the cast member when you book if they room type you are booking will have a full balcony. When we went we made the mistake of not asking and got a balcony you could only stand on ( I think they call it a Romeo and Juliet style ). When I inquired they said I had needed to book a different category room. Now, this was quite some time ago and it may have changed but it's worth asking about.
Now it's a request, not a bookable category

I do think the dogs staying at YC could impact my decision but prior to that I would say go with the decor that appeals to you most since everything else is about the same.

I was making that decision recently... I chose BC for mostly arbitrary reasons, but YC is a convention hotel and seems a bit busier. I like the lighter beach-ier decor at BC, and it's so very slightly closer to Epcot. :D

Either way, they're both beautiful resorts.

YC and BC are both considered a convention hotel for Disney purposes. Convention space sits right about where the two meet at SAB.

YC and BC are both considered a convention hotel for Disney purposes. Convention space sits right about where the two meet at SAB.
And it's being expanded, if I understand it correctly so there will be additional convention areas at BC. There is massive amounts of work going on around BC/YC (which it gets a pass on where poor CBR gets so much more abuse, but that's a whole 'nother subject)

And it's being expanded, if I understand it correctly so there will be additional convention areas at BC. There is massive amounts of work going on around BC/YC (which it gets a pass on where poor CBR gets so much more abuse, but that's a whole 'nother subject)

May be a fuzzy brain, I thought I heard discussion about the expansion coming there and possibly to CSR's space is to prepare for the demo of the Contemporary's convention space with possibility of another DVC tower there facing the park. Or I had a very vivid dream. :confused3 But if it was a dream, that's a good idea.

Before our stay last week, BC. But after staying in the new YC rooms, we'd never go back to BC again, unless the rate was REALLY good.
You may have posted elsewhere and I missed it, but what did you like about the refurbished rooms? We are returning to Yacht Club in a few weeks and I've heard complaints that there is more noise because of the lack of carpeting, which makes me a bit nervous. Otherwise the rooms look very nice.

We prefer YC. We liked the rooms better (and that was pre-reno), and just liked the feel of the resort more overall. I think it's quieter, and just more upscale feeling. I also like that you have a full balcony in every room at YC. We stayed at BC this summer, and none of us were crazy about it, even though I did request and get a full size balcony.

You may have posted elsewhere and I missed it, but what did you like about the refurbished rooms? We are returning to Yacht Club in a few weeks and I've heard complaints that there is more noise because of the lack of carpeting, which makes me a bit nervous. Otherwise the rooms look very nice.
I loved the flooring. But, I'm anti-carpet overall. Haven't a lick of it at home, not even an area rug. We had 2 requirements when buying our current home, no stairs and no carpet. Most anything else we could make work. I didn't find the noise level different than any other stay. We had a 1st floor room and didn't hear a thing above us.
I liked the colors and clean lines they use in the new rooms. Loved the storage cabinet, even though we don't use it really. They were just so pretty. Favorite feature (again, didn't use it but if I did need it would have been super helpful) it had a built in ironing board in the cabinet. Just needed to fold it down and plug in the iron.
I will note something that may matter to some (it didn't to us) We had a room without a tub. It was NOT a HA room (no rails, bars, etc) but it did have what would be called a walk in shower, not a tub. I know some rooms have tubs as I've seen them in photos. There was nothing on our reservation/booking to indicate we'd get a walk in shower. They could see we had 2 adults and 1 9 yo so maybe they just knew we'd be fine without a tub?

All things being equal (if they were both the same cost) I would pick YC every time. I like the more adult feel of the place, I like the fact if you are on any floor but the first you are going to get a full balcony (I think there might be one room without one) and it seems a little less noisy to me. Having said that, I just go with whichever Epcot resort is less and that includes Swan/Dolphin. As far as allowing dogs, that doesn't bother me, I often travel with my little spoiled brat so often stay in dog friendly hotels and stay in them even when I don't have the little brat with me. I've never been bothered by one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter