BC or AKL

mommy2twinprincesses

Disney Addict
We are planning a trip for April 2013.

Which resort would you pick and why?

BC with a Garden view

OR

AKL Savanna view

Both prices are almost exactly the same and will include 6 nights, 6 day park hoppers, and the dining plan.

A little background...We have never stayed at either and usually stay at a moderate. We really liked CSR but are ready for a change. Our family generally does rope drop every day, goes back to the resort to swim around lunch time, then a dinner reservation somewhere, and then back to a park at night.

Thanks in advance for your opinion!!

We are planning a trip for April 2013.

Which resort would you pick and why?

BC with a Garden view

OR

AKL Savanna view

Both prices are almost exactly the same and will include 6 nights, 6 day park hoppers, and the dining plan.

A little background...We have never stayed at either and usually stay at a moderate. We really liked CSR but are ready for a change. Our family generally does rope drop every day, goes back to the resort to swim around lunch time, then a dinner reservation somewhere, and then back to a park at night.

Thanks in advance for your opinion!!

We haven't stayed at either, but between the two, I would hands down pick BC!!! Especially given your touring background. BC has an awesome pool, is within walking distance to two parks, and is right next to World Showcase with amazing restaurants!!! Yup, my vote goes to BC on this one. :thumbsup2

Hmmm, tough call. We have stayed at YC and AKL savanna view. Going strictly by resort atmosphere, AKL beats YC/BC hands down in our opinions.

We did not have any trouble with bus transportation at AKL (and this coming off many prior stays at monorail resorts). We would stay there again in a heartbeat. The BC does have a great location. (but I will say that DH didn't feel like we arrived at Epcot or DHS any faster than taking monorail/bus from Poly though.)

I think I would go with which theme appeals to you more since you've never stayed at either before. Both are excellent choices

Just returned less than 2 weeks ago from a 7 night/2 night SPLIT stay at BCV & AKV.

As you can tell by the number of nights spent, we prefer BCV over AKV....but just by a bit. They are our 2 favorite resorts. If you were spending more than 6 nights, I'd recommend a split stay for sure.

BCV wins for it's location & SAB.

I think I would go with which theme appeals to you more since you've never stayed at either before. Both are excellent choices

These are my thoughts as well :). We have stayed at both and they are both great resorts. BC is great as it's within walking distance to both Epcot and DHS, but we didn't think the buses were bad at AKL either. The rooms at the BC are slightly larger than at AKL, although not a huge difference (at least not to us). Good luck deciding, although you really can't go wrong with either one as they are both great places to stay :goodvibes.

I love both resorts, AKL being my all-time favorite and IMO the most unique experience at WDW, but the room at BC will be more spacious. Plus, it's hard to beat boat and walkways to World Showcase and DHS from BC. Your kids will love it!

We have stayed at both of these resorts.Both are nice resorts. BC we had a garden view-club level, but had water view too (see my photos). At AKL we stayed Savannah view-Club.

AKL does provide a unique experience, but is isolated. Stayed here during a spilt stay due to our concerns and where glad to move over the Poly club after three nights. Limited transportation option. AKL is also one of the deluxes where you cannot walk or take water transportation or monorail to get a park. Savannah room category should be considered to create a unique experience. Animals dine by a general schedule as food is place in feeding bins. Unique experience for a day or two. Overall resort theme can make you feel like you are somewhere else. Lots of non-resort guest come here to dine in the evenings and see the animals. Pool is not controlled, so pool hopping is possible.

Beach Club is in an ideal location. 5 minutes to Epcot and 15-20 to DHS. It a resort I recommend park hopper tickets to allow you to adventure over to Epcot for a snack, lunch or dinner. The International entrance to Epcot is the best entrance into any park at Disney..fast and smooth. Enter Epcot or DHS just to see Illuminations or Fantasmic with PH tickets. SAB is ideal and you will most likely spend more time here than you think, if you have kids. It does provide a relaxing break from the parks that makes for a memorable vacation. Access to the pool is controlled. Presenting your room cards is required to get your wristbands. I think this is a real plus, that the monorail resorts should implement year round. Boardwalk across the way is also a plus, along with the Epcot resort TS options. The only downside experience we have is the buses which are shared by all the resorts that include the two non Disney resorts.

Out of these two resorts we would go to the BC again.

I would opt for the BC due to its awesome location and superior pool-- definitely both convenient when traveling with kids!

That being said, the AKL is absolutely beautiful and houses some of my favorite restaurants in WDW. I would definitely plan a visit for dinner at Boma or Jiko even if you do end up at the BC. :thumbsup2

We stayed at AKL with SV last trip, and are staying at BC with CL this trip. We loved AKL, and would definitely stay there again, just wanted to try BC for SAB this trip.

I would be torn between the two if I had not stayed at either, just as you are. AKL was my dream resort forever, that is why we did that first. Once we got that resort in, BC with SAB was my dream resort, that is why we are staying there next!

What do your kids think? Take a family vote and go with it. You cannot go wrong either way. And try the other resort for your next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter