BC Marketplace food changes

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Currently I'm having dinner at BC Marketplace and noticed some changes. For one thing, they now have a Coke Freestyle machine. But what I was most disappointed in was the menu changes. No more hot sandwiches, and no more home style chips. You can choose flatbread, soup, or a vegetable salad, where you pick your veggies. After my less than clean villa, this was a real disappointment

Currently I'm having dinner at BC Marketplace and noticed some changes. For one thing, they now have a Coke Freestyle machine. But what I was most disappointed in was the menu changes. No more hot sandwiches, and no more home style chips. You can choose flatbread, soup, or a vegetable salad, where you pick your veggies. After my less than clean villa, this was a real disappointment

Little by little, Disney makes changes that we miss but newbies won't. It's all about increasing profits.

:earsboy: Bill

We just got back from a stay at BCV and I was very disappointed in the changes they have made at the Marketplace. Really not much to choose from that is freshly made a lots of pre made sandwiches and salads in the refrigerated section there. So, after a few days of cheesy flatbread decided to go on a quick service food hunt around the Boardwalk We went to BWV where they have a great bakery section ( fudge, caramel apples, cookies etc.) an upgrade from what was there before. We also went to the Yacht Club in search of food. They had a carving station that was offering Beef and potatoes for $12.00/adult or $8.00 / child. I thought that was a great deal. Even still, the food options were very limited and you couldn't get a reservation anywhere. I was totally bummed.

The positive??? I lost 10 lbs. while I was on vacation due to the lack of food items to eat!

Shucks, we bought and enjoyed those chips!

I remember when they made delicious salads to offer. Do they still have the New England clam chowder?

Did they fix your room?

Last edited:

The Freestyle machines were put into operation on Sept 30th while we were there.

I was more than stunned and disappointed by the menu the Marketplace now offers. Eat there once? You'll probably be ok, but if you plan to eat there more than once you'll likely be having the same thing over and over. QS at the resorts is getting more and more simplified and limited all over. Our favorites at many of the resorts are gone - replaced by Flatbreads. :sad2:

My dessert bar at BCV is gone too. And I'm still missing the homemade gelato.

Shucks, we bought and enjoyed those chips!

I remember when they made delicious salads to offer. Do they still have the New England clam chowder?

Did they fix your room?

OMG-I forgot to check on the clam chowder-I will tonight (I cancelled B&C for tonight, so I'll be back there probably). As far as my room, it really wasn't too bad-just crumbs on the floor, a candy wrapper on the balcony, coffee spots all over the coffee table, stuff like that. It was just, for me, a giant step down in cleanliness from the usual sparkling, shiny clean room I usually see. But from some of the stories here, I still was fortunate. What was more disturbing was the issues housekeeping wouldn't be able to fix, lots of areas where paint was scraped off, little chunks out of wood, the formerly white floors had permanent marks on them, doors that won't close all the way-just not what I'd expect from rooms that were rehabbed just a year or so ago. Makes me wonder-what do some guests do?

You can't repair a broken door by putting a new coat of paint on it. The "rehabs" are a joke. I wonder where at our dues are going?

Imagine what that room would be like with dogs in it on a daily basis. Fresh sandwiches probably made on-site and labor required. Pre packed stuff made in à factory, centralised and less costly. Flatbreads must be ultra quick, no training required and large margin as they are everywhere. As Bill says all about cutting cost.

Imagine what that room would be like with dogs in it on a daily basis. Fresh sandwiches probably made on-site and labor required. Pre packed stuff made in à factory, centralised and less costly. Flatbreads must be ultra quick, no training required and large margin as they are everywhere. As Bill says all about cutting cost.

:confused: Yeah - making a sandwich is tough.

Dumbing down is easier - less required for ordering, less things to stock etc etc. Maybe it's cheaper but I doubt by much. For the most part it still seemed to have similar staffing as it has had for years and years when they were making sandwiches. And Gelato. And a pretty full bakery case. And all the salads. And soup.

Almost all of the CS places or shall I say all of the CS places owned by Disney now get their food from the same low quality place that supplies most school lunch food.... all prepackaged C..P.... I bought I food plan at our local six flags that gives us lunch and a snack every time we visit for the remainder of this season (started late august) and all of next year and they are open until New years now as they have holiday on the park... the food is similar and some better than what Disney is now serving a little more expensive if you paid out if pocket... BUT the food plan for the year and a half I repeat... was 40.00 a person -- yes stupid cheap but they are not in business to give food away so they must have a formula that still makes at profit at that price...
My last experience was the pulled pork sandwich that made its comeback from the great one they had at Seasons in EPCOT... we had it at the Poly... chewy frozen tasteless (except for the sauce) but the ton o fries were still ok I guess they did not buy them already fried..... Truly sad as in 2016 the prices were almost as high but they still had some decent things to eat.... we spent a lot of time eating at Disney Springs and EPCOT....so much so that Saratoga is now the highest on our list of resorts... I do like that resort either way... but now this seems to be the best located resort... near decent food...

BUT than again the frozen burritos, pizzas and Oscar Myer meat with a loaf of wonder bread may be the alternative to stay at other resorts....

BUT than again the frozen burritos, pizzas and Oscar Myer meat with a loaf of wonder bread may be the alternative to stay at other resorts....

We were served standard Oscar Meyer hot dogs the last time we went to Casey's corner at MK (few years ago). It appears that they've upgraded that quality as I've glanced at what people are eating there now upon a couple of pass-throughs, but I'll still never forget the $10 gas station hot dog experience.

Those flatbreads are annoying. all bread and carb, little protein. But cost half of a deli sandwich while they charge as much.

Last visit to BCV was in 2016! Are the bakery options--pastries, donuts, etc.--gone as well?

This is frustrating. We had lunch a couple times a week with sandwiches from marketplace. Now gone. Makes no sense. Over at market at ale and compass they have sandwiches and we enjoyed them so I guess thats our option now.

Last visit to BCV was in 2016! Are the bakery options--pastries, donuts, etc.--gone as well?

Many of those are still there.

This is frustrating. We had lunch a couple times a week with sandwiches from marketplace. Now gone. Makes no sense. Over at market at ale and compass they have sandwiches and we enjoyed them so I guess thats our option now.

The BC marketplace just isn't big enough and wasn't designed to accommodate the addition of BCV. Maybe someday they'll remodel and figure out a way to expand the QS offerings, but it is what it is for the time being.

The BC marketplace just isn't big enough and wasn't designed to accommodate the addition of BCV. Maybe someday they'll remodel and figure out a way to expand the QS offerings, but it is what it is for the time being.

???? It was popular they need to discourage people from getting food there? Since BCV has been around since 2002 and they offered sandwiches up until last year or maybe earlier this year I don't quite see that as being the cause.

I doubt it's much beyond F&B making choices to try and squeeze the biggest profit that they can. The marketplace can get busy but I've never seen it overwhelmed to think that it needed to try and drive away business which is what you describe as being done.

???? It was popular they need to discourage people from getting food there? Since BCV has been around since 2002 and they offered sandwiches up until last year or maybe earlier this year I don't quite see that as being the cause.

BC has been open since late 1990. Back in those days there was no QS at all if I remember correctly. That was just dropped in later as they saw the demand (and when they quit giving away free coffee in the lobby). BCV then just adds to the morning mob scene.

I'm not saying they should discourage people; rather that having the sandwiches plus all the other stuff just runs too slowly for that "temporary" (as in temporary for the last 20+ years) QS operation they have set up. My hope is that after the convention center and all the YC remodeling is done, they'll consider expanding the marketplace somehow. Obviously it's way too small for the current amount of offerings. The fact that I have to add cream & sugar to my coffee on top of the trash can was certainly not the original plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!