BBB Land vs. Sea

KGmomoftwins

DIS Veteran
Just curious for those who have done both BBB at MK and at sea how do the 2 compare? How are they different? Did you like one better than the other? Also do they have a photopass photographer on the cruise like they do at the one in the Park? We will be on the Fantasy if that matters. Thanks so much!

For us, the BBB at sea (Fantasy) felt more relaxed and intimate because the space was smaller than inside Cinderella's castle. As far as the actual process of makeup and hair, it was exactly the same. I don't recall a photopass photographer at sea but I also didn't intend to purchase any pictures so I just took my own.

We've never done BBB at WDW, but we've done it on both the Fantasy and Dream. On the Fantasy, my daughter was the only child there for a time, but it did start to fill up as she got further along in her makeover. However, there are only 5-7 chairs in the boutique, so even when "full" it isn't too loud and crazy. On the Dream, all three of my kids did the Pirate's League makeover and they were the only ones in the boutique then too. On both occasions, we took many photos and videos on our own. There is no ship photographer there. At least on the Dream, however, they did have a "backdrop" where you could take a picture of your child once the makeover was complete (with your own camera). I don't recall if there was something similar on the Fantasy or not.

Thanks for the info! We did WDW and I was overwhelmed only thing I loved about it was the pictures were so adorable of these little Girls getting their hair done for the first time.

We've done BBB at WDW once. My daughter's fairy godmother was a total dud! I was so disappointed. It was also really crowded and not very organized. We've done BBB 3 times on DCL (Fantasy twice and Wonder once). We've also done Pirates League 6 times on DCL (all 4 ships). BBB is AMAZING on the ships. It is very small and intimate and the cast members are fabulous! My daughter had the same fairy godmother for her princess makeover and her pirate makeover on one cruise. The cast member was hilarious in talking about her evil twin the whole time. There is no photographer (I wish there was because the lighting is difficult to take great pictures on your own).

We have done BBB on the Disney Wonder and at Disneyland. (We have also done Anna & Elsa's Boutique at Disneyland, RIP.)

We found the experience onboard the ship to be more casual, with less ceremony. On the ship, we went in, changed her into the outfit, got the hair and make up, and said good-bye. Very, very low-key. It may have been the package that my daughter did at the two BBBs - she did the mermaid swimsuit package on the ship, and the whole shebang (dress, photos, etc.) at Disneyland.

The mermaid swimsuit package is not a particularly "big deal" - the hair is less involved, the make-up is less involved, etc. Also, the setting on the ship was a little less formal than the setting at Disneyland Park. The park also has the photo studio and the front-of-the-line pass for meeting the princesses. (This is not a guarantee, but a perk they sometimes offer.) For this reason, I'm glad we did the ship exclusive swimsuit package on the ship, and the whole princess get-up in the parks. I think our daughter liked them both equally as they were very different experiences.

My little girl loves mermaids almost as much as much as she loves Disney princesses. Do you have any pics of the mermaid outfit?

I agree the ship was much more quiet and calm. My daughter loved them both, we enjoyed the ship more. There wasn't a photographer on the ship, I wish there was. We walked around the ship after and took pictures. They had family portrait areas set up but none were taking pictures when we were walking around. We'd bought the picture package so I would have taken them up on any picture opportunities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter