BBB for older children

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
My 9 year old is sadly past the “everything princess” stage but she does want to do BBB - I’m pretty sure she’s planning on wanting to go in to see if they would do a French braid and her makeup to look all fancy and grown up for dinner. I don’t even think she’d want a tiara. Do they do regular “hairstyles” like various braids or is it really just the standard half-bun-to-fit-the-tiara-around styling? Tia.

They only do their standard packages with no variation.

The spas/salons used to have a pre-teen/teen package but I honestly haven’t heard about it since re-opening.

It's too bad DCL no longer has the hair/makeup option my then 12 yr old DD did on the Wonder in Alaska in 2016 before they got BBB. They did 'glitter and go' in one of the shops for $20 for 3-12 yr olds--a quick hairstyle, face gem, lip gloss, and lots of glitter in the hair. My daughter felt so special and had it done on formal night. (I also wish they would have allowed older kids to do it too...my 16 yr old was jealous of her sister, lol.)

You also might want to look into the pirate night makeover that BBB offers. Instead of a princess makeover, they'll make your DD into a "pirate". She might prefer that over the traditional princess offerings. My DD was 8 when we did the pirate makeover and she LOVED it :)

You also might want to look into the pirate night makeover that BBB offers. Instead of a princess makeover, they'll make your DD into a "pirate". She might prefer that over the traditional princess offerings. My DD was 8 when we did the pirate makeover and she LOVED it :)
The pirate's league pirate makeovers for Pirate night have not returned yet and are supposed to be back in the fall.

Thank you. These don’t pop up for us because my daughter is only 9.5. I wish there were a little more flexibility with age overlaps for certain activities. I’m not looking for her to be in a club with older kids. Just certain experiences might be preferable to a younger (or older in some scenarios) child.
I think the idea in this is that for the kids up to that age BBB is available and then these teen services bridge up to the adult services so that they have some kind of service in that arena available to all age groupings so I think the expectation for a 9 year old would be BBB. You just happen to have the (very likely rare) instance of a kiddo that's within their target range for BBB that's uninterested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter