BB code disabled

pkondz

Brace yourself for immediate disintegration
Is the ability to use BB code no longer supported?

If you talking about tickers - they haven't been able to be added to signatures for some time. Some sort of change at the source, if I recall correctly.
No. Not talking about tickers.
At the top of the reply box are a set of symbols. Like B I U strikethrough symbol, teardrop, A (with down arrow), etc. The last one is a gear and is for toggling BB code editing on and off. It doesn't appear to be working anymore.

Oh. And you can still add tickers. You have one in your signature for house-hunting.

No. Not talking about tickers.
At the top of the reply box are a set of symbols. Like B I U strikethrough symbol, teardrop, A (with down arrow), etc. The last one is a gear and is for toggling BB code editing on and off. It doesn't appear to be working anymore.

Oh. And you can still add tickers. You have one in your signature for house-hunting.
I have no ticker in my signature.

It does appear that the BB toggle isn't working.

I have no ticker in my signature.
You're right. No ticker. But my psychic powers tell me that you get to spend time with Dylan when you go house-hunting in 11 months, 1 week and 2 days.

;)

I do know that when I'm at work I can't see some tickers. If you're looking at your siggie and can't see it, try from a different computer (in a different environment.)

FWIW, on my end you do have a ticker counting down to a house hunting trip.
You're right. No ticker. But my psychic powers tell me that you get to spend time with Dylan when you go house-hunting in 11 months, 1 week and 2 days.

;)

I do know that when I'm at work I can't see some tickers. If you're looking at your siggie and can't see it, try from a different computer (in a different environment.)
I have NO ticker.

I don't know any one named Dylan.

And I'm not house-hunting.

Things have gotten really weird here on DISboard in the last week. :confused:

EDITED TO ADD:

I did check, on Edge, I did have a ticker. I have no idea where it came from, as I said, I know no one name Dylan, and I'm not house hunting (haven't been for over 30 years).

I deleted the ticker while on Edge. - hopefully

I have NO ticker.

I don't know any one named Dylan.

And I'm not house-hunting.

Things have gotten really weird here on DISboard in the last week. :confused:

EDITED TO ADD:

I did check, on Edge, I did have a ticker. I have no idea where it came from, as I said, I know no one name Dylan, and I'm not house hunting (haven't been for over 30 years).

I deleted the ticker while on Edge. - hopefully
Holy smokes! Is that ever weird!
And yes... it's gone now.

YES?!?!? What's up with this, I need to maintain several threads and use BB Code constantly to make my changes quickly. Any idea when a fix might be applied??

Giving this a bump because we still don't have an answer. My issue has NOTHING to do with tickers BTW, i use this feature to maintain a few post within threads in the Canadian Forum that require regular updates. The ability to see these codes lets me update links that change weekly -- or in some cases daily during certain promos -- quickly. Please look into this!!!

Beginning to wonder if the Tech Support forum is more of a "self-help" forum.
Then again... I have no idea how many techs they have at the DIS, so it may just be a matter of waiting.

I'm not sure this is something that can be fixed in a "self-help" or even crowdsourced fashion. Interestingly enough in a different thread someone asked about why links aren't working anymore the fix involved USING BB codes ...

I'm not sure this is something that can be fixed in a "self-help" or even crowdsourced fashion. Interestingly enough in a different thread someone asked about why links aren't working anymore the fix involved USING BB codes ...
It wasn't a mod that gave that answer, was it??

I've been typing bb codes manually, and I did insert a youtube clip. It didn't register that the insert worked because the code didn't pop up, but when I posted the link worked as usual (so weird). I'll add BB code to the email to the admins about things not working. I'm sure they are addressing them, and it takes time.

I've been typing bb codes manually, and I did insert a youtube clip. It didn't register that the insert worked because the code didn't pop up, but when I posted the link worked as usual (so weird). I'll add BB code to the email to the admins about things not working. I'm sure they are addressing them, and it takes time.
Thanks

Yeah, I'm able to type the codes manually myself as well but the real trouble comes when I'm trying to edit an existing post that is full of links, lists, images, & different colours to keep things clear for users. One of my threads was started in 2015 and while it's not as large as some others throughout the boards, it is quite active.

Thanks for submitting the request!!

I don't have anything helpful to add but I'll put in another vote for this to be fixed. I was very active here in the late 2000s/early 2010s and have several photography posts that need updating but I can't see any way to edit the original bbcode to point to the new image locations.

Not a huge deal since I suspect few people are going back to read 10+ year old threads but I might invest a little time updating them if I could!

So are we all clear what we are talking about at this point? The cog button in the reply box is supposed to show the BBcode in what you are typing. It doesn't do anything now.

When you click the "cog" button, this JavaScript error appears in the JavaScript console (you can see it by pressing F12 to open the developer tools in Chrome)

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.disboards.com/threads/bb-code-disabled.3822402/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://www.disboards.com/index.php?editor/to-bb-code'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

The error is self explanatory. A XMLHttpRequest (or AJAX request) is being made to a URL that is not using SSL. If you are logged in through SSL, that's a security vulnerability and has been blocked by Chrome.

Last edited:
Giving this a bump because we still don't have an answer. My issue has NOTHING to do with tickers BTW, i use this feature to maintain a few post within threads in the Canadian Forum that require regular updates. The ability to see these codes lets me update links that change weekly -- or in some cases daily during certain promos -- quickly. Please look into this!!!

OK YES...I thought this was just me. I tried to mod my signature file a few days ago and couldn't get the toggle to work. I ended up giving up but in the process somehow my signature didn't save and got wiped out too. UGH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter