Bates Motel: Anyone but me watching?

I'm so nervous for tonight!! I hope Norma isn't dead! :( AND tonight's the season finale! I don't know if I can handle her being dead AND the season finale tonight! :sad:

I'm seriously crying right now!! OMG! I wasn't prepared for this to happen!! Poor Romero! Poor Dylan!! This is all too intense!

I don't know what was worse - him gluing her eyes open or Chick bringing over the homemade enchilada casserole!! lol

I think they still have to kill of Dylan, Romero, and Emma before it'll move on to the original story. I guess we'll have to wait a whole year to see! :(

I missed the last 5-6 minutes because I had to switch over to the series finale of Castle. I'll try to watch the ending tomorrow.

sailorstitch

I can't believe they killed her off already. I guess I always assumed that the series would END with her death, which is why this felt more like a series finale to me than a season finale, especially considering how much Vera Farmiga's superb performance is one of the main things that makes this such a great show. I mean I guess she will still be "around" next season as a part of Norman's delusions/hallucinations/what have you, but it's not the same as the "real" Norma. :mad:

Just finished it, although I had a mini meltdown last night when I saw the first post above about her death, because I always watch it on the dvr the day after, and I didn't realize what time it was when I opened the thread.

Romero broke my heart.

This episode was so disturbing in a truly delightful way. SO anxious to see how they carry the story forward next season, and where we'll end up when it finishes.

I can't believe they killed her off already. I guess I always assumed that the series would END with her death, which is why this felt more like a series finale to me than a season finale, especially considering how much Vera Farmiga's superb performance is one of the main things that makes this such a great show. I mean I guess she will still be "around" next season as a part of Norman's delusions/hallucinations/what have you, but it's not the same as the "real" Norma. :mad:

YES!!! That's how I feel too. That's why I was so shocked that she died.

sailorstitch

I don't know what was worse - him gluing her eyes open or Chick bringing over the homemade enchilada casserole!! lol

O.M.G!!! I was holding my breath throughout both those two scenes. :scared: :scared: :scared: I don't think I was ever so creeped out & scared in my life. It was even more creepy & scary the scene in Silence of the Lambs, with Clarisse alone, in the dark, with Buffalo Bill. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

First I was scared OF Chick and why would he show up, :confused: but then when he turned out to actually want to help Norman, I was scared FOR him. :faint:

Me too. I really thought it would be that this series would end in the bloody death of Norma. We see Vera Famiga's very expressive eyes, registering the monster that Norman is, that everyone tried to warn her about. But it's too late. We see in those eyes the fear, the heartbreak and the betrayal. :scared1: Then cue the movie, as Norman hears someone wanting to check into the motel and he stuffs Norma into the rocking chair.

Now, they're a whole season ahead of (my) schedule. And Norman's running around alone. . . well with "Norma". . . unchecked, with both Dylan & Romero, temporarily out of the way. :scared:

:teacher: A little FYI for everyone: For the record, the producers knew before Season 4 that they were picked up for BOTH Seasons 4 & 5. So they knew way ahead how many episodes they have for Norman to go "Psycho." :scared1:

I think they still have to kill of Dylan, Romero, and Emma before it'll move on to the original story.

Don't forget Chick. And Norman has now conveniently left a gun sitting on a table in the livingroom. :duck:

I wonder if they will bring Dylan or Emma back. :scratchin It's convenient that they're both gone right at the end of the season. So the producers don't have to renew their contracts for a whole season. Maybe, if Dylan comes back, it might not be under contract as a regular, but a one episode, special guest star appearance, where he finds out from Romero that Norma's dead and comes back to confront Norman for not even telling him. He had called Norman on the night of her funeral. :headache: Their next conversation will not go well. :scared:

OMG! I wasn't prepared for this to happen!! Poor Romero! Poor Dylan!! This is all too intense!

Yes, I felt so bad for both of them. Romero was heartbreaking. :sad: And poor Dylan still doesn't know. :sad1:

Last edited:
I knew at some point it had to happen, and I wondered how he would get her body back after she died and went to the morgue and was put in the coffin. I honestly thought that she would be killed in the house and people just wouldn't know where she went. This was more interesting.

The eyes were gross.

Norma made the whole show, I wonder if she can still carry it when she dead

This was easily the creepiest episode I've seen yet. I was very surprised that Norma was killed off so soon and actually am sad to see her character go. They really made Norma a sympathetic character and Vera Formiga really made her own the show.
The scene in the morgue where she briefly opened her eyes was just brilliant.

This was easily the creepiest episode I've seen yet. I was very surprised that Norma was killed off so soon and actually am sad to see her character go. They really made Norma a sympathetic character and Vera Formiga really made her own the show.
The scene in the morgue where she briefly opened her eyes was just brilliant.

Oh, she isn't gone. She will be very much a part of Season 5 with dissociative episodes with Norman.

She's definitely not gone, she'll be showing up next season plenty. Still not the same, but at least she isn't completely gone.

Isn't it funny how we can become so attached to characters? Norma was like a part of the family that we saw every Monday night! lol The only unfortunate thing is, Norma and Norman could probably really be a part of our relatives and they wouldn't be out of place... :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

I was reading another forum's thread on Bates Motel. Someone made the observation :scratchin that when the original Psycho came out, there was a big uproar that Janet Leigh, who was a major star, and a big draw for the movie, got killed off way sooner than anyone expected. And now, everyone is in a major uproar that Vera/Norma has been killed off way sooner than expected in the prequel. I guess history repeats itself. :teleport:

Last edited:
I'm gutted that she's dead. Oh poor Romero, sobbing. At that moment I had something in my eye, and had to look up at the ceiling to keep the tears in.

Last night, the season finale was shown here. It began with a recap of the previous episode and showed Romero sobbing again, and would you believe it - at the exact same moment, it was as if I had something in my eye again.*looks up at ceiling*

Best thing on tv.
So well acted by each and every cast member ! I realize there's only gonna be one more season, but I just don't want it to end. It's so good !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter