Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Accccck. page 4 or maybe even 5. I am so behind. Can;t wait for another great report!!!

You haven't missed much though! No worries! :goodvibes

----------------------------------------------------
I gotta get some laundry in, but I'll be back soon to do an update!

My goodness!! Page 5 already?!! You ARE popular ;) Henry is SOOO cute - I can't wait to read all about your trip to my favorite places (WDW and BWV)!!

I'm here!!!!! WOOT WOOT!! What a great birthday for Henry! He's such a cutie!!!!!!

Wow, I miss checking your PTR for one day, and I end up this far behind. Saw the pics of Henry on FB today and loved them. It looked like a wonderful birthday celebration.

Looking forward to your TR.

Guess I am WAY late to this party... page 5? PAGE 5?????? :eek: :faint: :faint:

I really cannot believe it. :sad2:

Oh well... I'm here now! :surfweb:

:welcome:

WHEW! I'm so glad it arrived! I started writing Claire's with the pen I had and it pooped out mid sentence! :headache: So I grabbed the Sharpie and it just ended up as a mess - and fitting the whole address in the little spot with a Sharpie...ya...you saw the mess of it all! :rotfl: I felt bad, but I didn't have another postcard, and I figured a kid doesn't notice stuff like that, all they care about is the Princess or Mickey on the FRONT!

I sooooooooooooo wanted to write "Princess Claire, go tell your Daddy you need to come visit us." But I figured Skip might not appreciate that too much! :laughing:;)

You should've! LOL! I would've loved it. She hasn't shown it to him yet. She's too busy singing and dancing right now. I need to get her to bed though.

Really???? The proper response should be
PAGE 5 already ???? That's nice! :rotfl::rotfl:

I am trying to catch up and I just missed the link yesterday. 5 pages WOW.
I am here, coughing, wheezing and sneezing but here.

I have heard the guards at BW call the clown Krusty.

I am way back page wise... but loved the FB updates and all. We loved the Boardwalk pool in June, and I roamed with Luke the hotel a bit... looking forward to lots of pics, it is in the running for June in where we want to stay.

Ah, caught this one only five pages in... Was watching on Facebook and Twitter, but looking forward to the rest of the story.

I haven't gotten to FB, but looking forward to your TR here - I'm going pretty technology-free on our trip, so I'll have much to look forward to upon our return next week!
BTW, you take wonderful pictures of Henry! It doesn't hurt that he is so adorable :)

Love the pictures of Henry from his birthday. Can't wait to read about the whole trip.

Too funny...I was on your PTR report last night & was definitely still on DIS around midnight last night...but I missed your TR beginning until now! :lmao:

Wow...you have 5 pages already! Congrats for that! Thats great for a 24 hour period! :thumbsup2

Your pictures from the zoo & Henry's birthday are too cute! It looks like you both had a wonderful day!

I can't wait to read all about your trip!!! :goodvibes

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Before I was married I used four alarm clocks.

One real alarm clock that I could set 2 alarms on. A radio with a clock. My cell phone.

I set them ALL each night before going to bed, the first one would ring 2 hours before I had to get up and then the others would ring in 20 minute intervals.

My roommate LOVED me.

:rotfl:

(Don't worry, she really did - we were old friends and she knew about my inability to hear alarms/get up!)

These alarms would do their morning song every single day and yet I would never hear them, I'd sleep right through - sometimes even being LATE for work.

All that to say, my alarm was set at 6:00 for Disney Morning. But, I knew Joe would be the one waking me up.

Or would he?

My eyes flipped open. I was pretty sure the alarm had not rung because Joe was still sound asleep.

I laid there, refusing to look at the clock, knowing that if I did I wouldn't be able to sleep again because I'd just be thinking "3 hours to Disney, 2 hours to Disney, 1 hour to Disney." You get the picture.

Well, I couldn't sleep, so eventually I allowed myself a glimpse at the clock.

5:34 am.

WHAT?!?! I figured it would be like 3 am or something insane, not actually a reasonable time!

I WOKE UP BEFORE MY ALARM!!!

:faint:

Seriously folks, this is news.

I crept about the house getting myself and breakfast ready. Joe heard me after about 10 minutes, laughed at his giddy wife, and started doing some airline research. New York City was in the path of Hurricane Earl, and he was supposed to hit just before Joe's plane was supposed to take off the next evening. (in case you weren't on the PTR...The plans were for him to join us Friday night down in Disney World)

I continued getting ready and was pretty well set by about 6:30 and Joe had switched his flight - with no fee! - to a flight that afternoon! I had a nice slow morning, sipping coffee, DISing....it was an excellent way to start the trip.

Henry woke up at some point and we got him all ready to go. Our bags were set, it was time to go!!

47926_10150243285250285_500090284_14310222_2329088_n.jpg

Henry and I walked a few blocks to the bus, we only had to wait a few minutes when a VERY full bus pulled up.

Great. :headache:

Toddler + stroller + backpack + crowded bus, this could be a bunch of fun.

But, I took a deep breath and just tried to not worry...and Henry did AWESOME standing on the bus!!! I was so proud of him.

The bus ride to the airport is very short, maybe 15 minutes - but I was still relieved when after a few minutes someone noticed I was standing with a little one and gave me their seat. Thank you kind stranger!

We made it to the airport unscathed, went right through security where Henry was an all-star. He knows the drill!

I waited until the end to board, I personally do NOT like boarding first with a child because the least amount of time you have them on the plane, the better.

But, this time it backfired on me.

I boarded the plane and realized they had Henry sitting in an aisle seat, and me across the aisle from him. I confirmed with the man in the nice business suit that he in fact didn't want my child and no mother sitting next to him.

He didn't. :laughing:

A flight attendant assisted me and we got situated pretty quickly, it all worked out but I felt bad for causing a ruckus at the last minute.

The flight went smoothly. I packed various things for Henry - some awesome Disney items sent along by another DISer, mickeysmyboy, and some iPhone apps. He did get restless, but overall it was fine.

It was just after 1:00 and we were waiting for the fake monorail at MCO, we had made it!

We made a quick bathroom stop and then to the stop of all stops.

Chick-Fil-A.

I have heard SO much about this restaurant and never realized there was one in MCO until wdwgirl03 mentioned it in her TRs...and I had to do it. I HAD to try Chick-Fil-A!

The original plan was to get nuggets, but I just wasn't feeling them, so I opted for the Original Sandwich with waffle fries.

58653_10150243478045285_500090284_14313671_5272250_n.jpg

Good. Really, really good. I get the obsession now! It's done just right. The bun just has butter on it, and there are pickles - so it's basic, and kinda like McDonald's Southern Style Sandwich...but so much better! The chicken is nice and juicy....delish. My mouth is watering thinking about it - we seriously need this in NYC!

We made our way down to ME, and I gotta say...I love the fact that I know this airport. I don't have much of a sense of direction and largely rely on Joe to point me the right way, but MCO, I've got it finally after all these trips!

Straight to the elevators, and straight to ME. I pulled out my little ME booklet and was ushered into an empty aisle.

And what? Do my eyes deceive me? Is that a CM coming to the end of my aisle and opening the little rope gate, ushering me through with their giant Mickey hand?

Why, yes, yes it is!

:dance3:

WOOT!

It was random, but while we were walking down that lovely ME aisle, Henry shouted out "Dance Mommy!" so we did.

We danced right through that open gate and out to the waiting ME bus!

I love that kind of pixie dust when I'm solo-parenting with a 3 year old!

:yay:

Henry chose the 2nd row seat for us to sit in. We got settled and then I smelled IT.

gellybean you know what I'm talking about.

IT.

I had just changed Henry before Chick-Fil-A, yet here IT was.

All the CMs were right outside of our bus, so I try to be discrete about asking them if I had time to change a
poopy diaper.

"Someone is in LABOR?!" a female CM asks.

So I say it louder and they all laugh with relief.

A CM motions to a bench that is out of the sight of the buses and we were fresh in no time, back on the bus -- and it pulled away minutes later.

Very soon we were on our way and the video was showing - Henry was pretty much glued.

So was I. I've seen it, but I love it. It's just another one of those signs that you've made it and your vacation is beginning. Now the video on the way back...that's another story. ;)

I did FINALLY manage to get this as well!

40926_10150243515015285_500090284_14314502_1010481_n.jpg

WE ARE ON DISNEY PROPERTY!

Our bus stopped at POR first and then to the Boardwalk.

When I entered the lobby I got even more excited. We were here, this was real!! There was a small line to check-in, so we waited a few moments when the Conceriage Desk called me over. I had done online check-in so I had everything in my hands within just moments.

Then they handed over Henry's Birthday button and everyone at the desk leaned over to look in his stroller and shout out a "Happy Birthday Henry!" he glowed with excitement. As we walked away from the desk they continued their "Happy Birthday Henry" cheers and he was eating it up! It was a very sweet moment.

Okay, so smooth flight, Chick-Fil-A, straight to ME, pretty much zero wait to check-in...is our room ready?

YES IT IS!

Some really nice mojo going on here. :woohoo:

I had put in no requests. Not-a-one. Complete gamble.

Room #5059 was it. I knew the BW had some very long hallways....and I was very happy to see our door was just steps from the elevator - we were about the 6th door down. Excellent location.

I stepped into the room and smiled. Pictures don't do these rooms justice - they are really very, very nice.

1003068715_vKrz5-M.jpg

He was thrilled about the Mickey on our bed! And immediately asked to jump on the bed, it's his favorite thing to do at Mickey's House and he KNOWS he can!

1003069838_nWZEP-M.jpg

1003070965_xmNyK-M.jpg

1003076373_MKE8D-M.jpg

One happy little boy!

He continued to jump and run around while I took pictures.

1003079698_8tsRr-M.jpg

Light near the doorway

1003080933_tRRJj-M.jpg

Little entryway with shelf and perfectly fits a stroller. Loved that. Also would be a great place for shoes.

1003082149_HmwPR-M.jpg

Much larger than I expected!

1003083417_odRdi-M.jpg

1003084324_ibhtq-M.jpg

1003085616_ZSdan-M.jpg

This bench is across from the bed - we only ever used it as a place to put all the decorative pillows and some other random stuff throughout the week.

1003086681_wf7Ng-M.jpg

Bed with child rolling around!

1003087930_CBAzG-M.jpg

1003088832_xF5Dm-M.jpg

1003089913_j4EVs-M.jpg

Continued in next post

Continued from previous post

1003091135_u9mfx-M.jpg

Standing in the far corner near the table and chairs

1003092227_FvXwR-M.jpg

Standing in the other corner, near the couch

Then I looked out to see what kind of view we would have.

1003093535_5MKxU-M.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

I literally got tears in my eyes! It had been such a smooth travel day - a million things could have gone wrong, but everything went very, very right. And here we were, in Disney World. :cloud9:

1003094861_fYsVZ-M.jpg

Looking right

1003095731_Rk2AR-M.jpg

1003096931_TW6e6-M.jpg

Looking all the way left

1003100826_8hphL-M.jpg

View from the couch

1003102149_HTWoc-M.jpg

Mickey heads on the chest of drawers

After a short while I suggested to Henry that we go exploring.

He had ZERO interest. He just wanted to jump on that bed!

So I let him. :goodvibes

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500090284#!/video/video.php?v=10150243555540285&ref=mf

We laughed and tumbled around together for a bit longer until I finally did convince him that we should go explore, I knew once we got out of the room, he would love it.

But, where should we go? What should we do? Joe's new flight didn't land until later that evening, so we had a few hours...

Oh Brooke!! I love your BW pictures!

Henry looks so sweet jumping on the bed...what fun he's having!

I love arrival day :). Great update!

My goodness!! Page 5 already?!! You ARE popular Henry is SOOO cute - I can't wait to read all about your trip to my favorite places (WDW and BWV)!!

I can see why BWV is one of your favorite places! LOVED that resort. I took lots of pics, so hopefully they "take you home". :goodvibes

I'm here!!!!! WOOT WOOT!! What a great birthday for Henry! He's such a cutie!!!!!!

Thanks Jen! It was a great day! Next year I'm sure we'll be having a friends party, so I gotta gear up for a bunch of little ones running around crazy!

Per your family and now per much of the DIS, his name SHALL be George! :thumbsup2 Wonder how long before a plaque appears with his name? ;)

:rotfl: I'm thinking next trip to BWV I'll have to get a DISign shirt with "I heart George" or something on it!

Wow, I miss checking your PTR for one day, and I end up this far behind. Saw the pics of Henry on FB today and loved them. It looked like a wonderful birthday celebration.

Looking forward to your TR.

It's been busy around here!! Glad you found us though! It was a very nice birthday, low key, but fun!!

:welcome: Tim! Glad you found me. You are just fashionably late. ;)

You should've! LOL! I would've loved it. She hasn't shown it to him yet. She's too busy singing and dancing right now. I need to get her to bed though.

:lmao: I really should have, Claire wouldn't have "gotten it", but you and Skip sure would have!!!

Really???? The proper response should be
PAGE 5 already ???? That's nice! :rotfl::rotfl:

I am trying to catch up and I just missed the link yesterday. 5 pages WOW.
I am here, coughing, wheezing and sneezing but here.

I have heard the guards at BW call the clown Krusty.

Yes! It should have been "that's nice!" I gotta remember to start using that too...

Ugh - it is not fun being sick. :sad2: At least you weren't last week though! I hope it goes away quickly.

Krusty makes a lot of sense...but it kinda skeeves me out! :lmao:

I am way back page wise... but loved the FB updates and all. We loved the Boardwalk pool in June, and I roamed with Luke the hotel a bit... looking forward to lots of pics, it is in the running for June in where we want to stay.

:welcome: Glad you found me!! Isn't the pool there great? It really is a very, very nice resort. Some of those hallways can be loooooooong, so if you go end up choosing it, requesting something near the elevator is a good idea. We walked them a bit and couldn't believe how far it was! I think they are longer than Jambo/Kidani.

Ah, caught this one only five pages in... Was watching on Facebook and Twitter, but looking forward to the rest of the story.

Hey you!!! Long time no see! Glad you made it over here!!!!!!

I haven't gotten to FB, but looking forward to your TR here - I'm going pretty technology-free on our trip, so I'll have much to look forward to upon our return next week!
BTW, you take wonderful pictures of Henry! It doesn't hurt that he is so adorable :)

It will be nice to have a technology free vacation! I probably won't get toooooo far, but hopefully there will at least be a couple updates for you.

Thank you for the kind compliments about Henry and my pictures! I Usually take a TON of him, several of even the same shot to try and get that exact one I want. Gotta love a digital camera! :laughing:

HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!!!

A new trip report! How exciting! Can't wait for more :yay:

:dance3: Thanks for joining with me over here!

Love the pictures of Henry from his birthday. Can't wait to read about the whole trip.

Thank you!!! It was an awesome trip, I'm so excited to write about it!

Too funny...I was on your PTR report last night & was definitely still on DIS around midnight last night...but I missed your TR beginning until now! :lmao:

Wow...you have 5 pages already! Congrats for that! Thats great for a 24 hour period! :thumbsup2

Your pictures from the zoo & Henry's birthday are too cute! It looks like you both had a wonderful day!

I can't wait to read all about your trip!!! :goodvibes

It has been busy around here!! Hopefully I can keep up with the pace. :laughing:

We really did have a great day at the zoo! It was simple, but very fun. The Central Park Zoo is great for little ones too - just the right size!

Oh Brooke!! I love your BW pictures!

Henry looks so sweet jumping on the bed...what fun he's having!

I love arrival day :). Great update!

Again! Look how fast you are! :laughing:

Henry had a BALL on that bed. As soon as he saw it, he commented on Mickey and then wanted to JUMP. I didn't even remind him that he was allowed, he remembered! :rotfl:

Brooke i finally found your trip report!:yay:
Great start so far. It will keep me going until i go to WDW myself in 16 sleeps.:woohoo:
Henry is soooo cutie pie. Of course i may be partial, being a redhead myself!;)

Looking forward to more.

KIM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!