Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

I know I am really, really late. I can't believe I have never found your trip reports before. I saw your title a million times and didn't quite get the clown reference. Duh! OK - now I get it...of course! brilliant!

I have only read your 1st day so far, but what a great start! Not sure why your husband wasn't booked to travel the same day as you, but what luck with the weather and being able to switch dates!

What a magical reunion outside the Boardwalk! Your son seems like quite the seasoned Disney pro!

Laughing at how you overlooked Mexico CS being closed for the refurb. Isn't it funny how in the heat of the moment you can overlook something that you already know?

Sounds like it all worked out in the end though, as you may not have had that wonderful experience on Soarin if you had stayed in WS. :goodvibes

I have a lot of reading ahead of me, but I am so looking forward to getting caught up on your wonderful report! I can tell already it's going to be a good one! :goodvibes

Hello you!!! :welcome:

:rotfl: I mentioned something on my PTR about the clown glowing and it just stuck as a funny comment, so it became my TR title because I couldn't think of anything else! And that clown at the BW is famous! ;)

Joe wasn't booked on the same travel day due to work. He was supposed to come a day later, but when Earl came in, he asked to leave early and they were fine with it. We didn't want to use that vacation day, but were forced to basically. It all worked out fine though!

I hope you enjoy the entire report! Join me over on the PTR too (you might have already....I don't recall off hand!) and I'll be doing some live posting from the World starting in 10 days. :hyper:

I love Henry's pictures...they are so sweet:goodvibes
The Wishes and Spectromagic cd's are just that....nothing else on them, but I love to put them in and soak up the feeling:goodvibes wishing I was back in WDW:lovestruc
Im thinking Kayla got them at the Poly when we stayed there a couple of years ago.
Heading over to the PTR now:moped:

If I had the Wishes CD I would cry every single time I listened to it. :rotfl: Must avoid that one! ;)

I also got pages behind this week.

Love your pictures! Love the one of Henry posing with his feet up behind him.
They all came out great.:thumbsup2

Then winning the $100 gift card. Woo Hoo!!!

I have the Four Parks One World cd also. And I purchased a scarf last year but I really like the one you purchased.

So cute of Henry sitting on the monorail. What a big boy!

Last days are always so sad but you will be back there in 2 weeks!!!

Now off to your PTR...

That was such a funny moment when he climbed up into the monorail between the two strangers. He was just so excited to finally ride it, I don't think he even realized or had time to get nervous! :laughing:

Wow, you were a posting fiend the last few days! Good stuff. I can't believe you won a second big prize. If you used to be one of those people who always says "I never win anything", you've gotta knock that off now.

Loved Henry's pictures, especially the headless one. :laughing:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, it was a great ride!

I have been! And the PTR is moving quickly too! So much to plan yet, and the PTR truly forces me to get it done. :rolleyes1 I got your PM too, gotta reply yet!

Isn't that headless pic incredibly flattering?!??! :rotfl:

Whew! That took about an hour, but I finally caught up!! :rotfl:

Wow! I'm so thrilled you got to win... twice!!

Thanks to you I am seriously thinking about the Boardwalk for my December Mommy & Son trip... it's gorgeous and your descriptions/photos have bewitched me.

Okay, I'm all set for your next report! :thumbsup2

Kathy

The BW is awesome!!! It's totally magical walking to Epcot and riding the boat to DHS. We looooooved it. I'd say the biggest negative is the lack of true counter service. There are options, but they aren't always open - and the bakery is limited. You have to walk to either the Beach Club, the Swolfin (which I don't think takes DDP in case you go that route), or Epcot. Plus, there is not a quick/easy place to refill mugs if that matters to you.

Otherwise, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL!!! I am soooo excited to stay there again in just 10 days!

Brook, thank you very much for once again a wonderful and entertaining trip report! I enjoyed reading it very much! :goodvibes

I can very well understand that Joe loved swimming at night. I love to spend time in pools and while I love the lower temperatures during the day in January (well, not too low, please!), the trade off are the cooler nights. I am really looking forward to my October/November trip and hope to experience warm nights when you can go swimming after sunset! :goodvibes

Henry's pictures are cute, it is so interesting to see the world from his perspective! :thumbsup2

I think Joe really likes the night swimming after a hot sticky day in the park, plus he can see easier. He's so sensitive to the light, the middle of the day is really hard on his eyes and he has to wear his sunglasses in the pool. At night he can just be "normal". I hope you get perfect weather for your October/November trip! We have gone twice in that time-range and it's been LOVELY both times!! It's our favorite time of the year, hands-down. Not too hot, not too cold.

Hi Brook! I often lurk on your reports and just wanted to drop in and say I love your trip reports! I think the planner is great! I have a Blackberry and still carry a spiral bound planner.....I know I'm a dork. I am so jealous of your upcoming trip! They announced that the plant my husband works at will close by the end of the year and my first thought was "No more Disney!"; well we got our taxes done today and after we tossed around a few ideas on how to spend it....he threw out "We could go to Disney one more time".... my heart says YES but my head says no.....:sad1: Thanks for such great reports.

Erica

Oh no! That is awful news to hear about your DH. I'm so sorry. :hug: I hope there is a sliver lining on this and he finds an even BETTER job quickly. I have a friend who had a decent job, was laid off, and a few months later found an AMAZING job that paid almost double! :faint: I pray the same for your family!!

I loved your trip report! I can't wait to go to BWV after looking at your pics! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter