Barcelona Excursions? Question for those who went in 2007

jel0511

DIS Veteran
Hi -

I see there are excursions to Barcelona listed on DCL's website. There is one in particular we're interested in. We're on the August 18th 10 night and were interested for the day we're getting off the ship, as we're not flying out until the next day. All of the Barcelona ones they've listed all say they return to the ship and the end. So my question is, does DCL offer these on day of debarkation and will drop you off at a DCL hotel (we're booked at Le Meridien, separate from DCL) or is this for the first day, or only for the TA, when they stay in Barcelona over night?

A friend of mine that is on the may 5th sailing mailed to DCL about this and their comment at that time was that the Barcelona excursions are only for us (the TA people).

I just talked to Disney yesterday about a Barcelona excursion(5-15 sailing) and she said that they can only be booked on debarkation day. Wanted to go to Monserrat on embarkation day because we're flying out right after we get off the ship.
Nothing was mentioned about these excursions being for TA sailings only.

I just talked to Disney yesterday about a Barcelona excursion(5-15 sailing) and she said that they can only be booked on debarkation day. Wanted to go to Monserrat on embarkation day because we're flying out right after we get off the ship.
Nothing was mentioned about these excursions being for TA sailings only.

Thanks, so does that mean you can't book them in advance? Debarkation day is what we want anyway!!!!!!

Hi -

I see there are excursions to Barcelona listed on DCL's website. There is one in particular we're interested in. We're on the August 18th 10 night and were interested for the day we're getting off the ship, as we're not flying out until the next day. All of the Barcelona ones they've listed all say they return to the ship and the end. So my question is, does DCL offer these on day of debarkation and will drop you off at a DCL hotel (we're booked at Le Meridien, separate from DCL) or is this for the first day, or only for the TA, when they stay in Barcelona over night?

On our 11 day Med cruise in July of 2007 we booked the "Panoramic Drive Through Barcelona" on our embarkation day. We boarded the ship and then met with our tour like you would for any excursion.:thumbsup2

This is part of the DCL email send to my friends when they asked about the excursions for the may 5 sailing and also about how everything would worked out with their luggage during the excursion.

All Barcelona shore excursions are offered to guests sailing on the
Transatlantic Eastbound Sailing only (April 10 - 24). Since you will
not be on this sailing, I regret to inform you that the Discover
Barcelona and the Spanish Village shore excursion will not be available
to you for your cruise.

You may, of course, look to go anywhere independently or through a
separate tour company, however you must bring your luggage with you
after the cruise.

I called DCL about this a couple of days ago (we're on the May 5 10 night). The first CM I spoke to said that Barcelona excursions could be booked onboard for your debarkation day if you were staying an extra night in Barcelona. However, she then said that she needed to look into it some more and talk to someone at the Shore Excursions desk. I received a call back awhile later from a different CM, and she told me that the Barcelona excursions were not available for anyone not on the Trans-Atlantic "at this time." She said to keep checking the website, however, because that could change.

So, yeah, not completely helpful there.

Man, I would love it if they'd let us sign up for Barcelona excursions on debarkation day! I'm not flying out until late in the afternoon, and it would be great to have DCL pick me up, show me around, and then deliver me and my luggage to the airport later on. I did this when I sailed the Southern Carribean with RCCL out of San Juan. It worked fabulously. I took a tour of historic San Juan, saw a lot of the town, and then they took us to the airport, where we claimed our luggage, and went on to check in & fly home. It would *SO* solve all my problems around debarkation day if DCL would offer excursions...

Sayhello

Man, I would love it if they'd let us sign up for Barcelona excursions on debarkation day! I'm not flying out until late in the afternoon, and it would be great to have DCL pick me up, show me around, and then deliver me and my luggage to the airport later on. I did this when I sailed the Southern Carribean with RCCL out of San Juan. It worked fabulously. I took a tour of historic San Juan, saw a lot of the town, and then they took us to the airport, where we claimed our luggage, and went on to check in & fly home. It would *SO* solve all my problems around debarkation day if DCL would offer excursions...

Sayhello

Sayhello, maybe call and ask them about it? If they know enough people would be interested, maybe they would decide to offer it? I was laughing with the second CM I spoke to that it was highly unusual for Disney to be ok wtih me giving my money to some other company when I really wanted to give it to Disney!

Sayhello, maybe call and ask them about it? If they know enough people would be interested, maybe they would decide to offer it? I was laughing with the second CM I spoke to that it was highly unusual for Disney to be ok wtih me giving my money to some other company when I really wanted to give it to Disney!
That's a really great idea, sabrecmc, and I will definitely do that! Since DCL has the connections already set up to do these excursions in Barcelona, I can't imagine it would be that hard for them to set up a few extra days' worth.

Thanks!
Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts