Banked, Borrowed and UY

tacomaranch

Tacoma Ranch home of wild mustangs! We are all on
I am new to being a member and now my questions are about how to use the points.

How do I figure out how many points to bank? Once they are banked when do they have to be used? Our UY is April. After I use our points and bank the rest, what happens if I want to do a trip before our UY? Can I get them back?

I know we have a trip this June and again for my Birthday and MNSSHP last weekend of September. That puts me right at the bank time. Do I bank all unused at that point? I love going in Jan with just DS, myself. But if I bank the points how would I get to go again?

Thanks, April

April Use Years will run from April 1 thru the following March 31. Any points banked from your April, 2007 Use Year may be used from April 1, 2008 thru March 31, 2009.

Banking and borrowing are irreversible transactions. Any points banked from your April, 2007 Use Year cannot later be "un-banked" to be used prior to April 1, 2008 - BUT - you could borrow points from your April, 2008 Use Year if you taker find that you wish to make a reservation for a trip prior to March 31, 2008.

By the end of Sept, you will have to either have your points scheduled, plan to use them or bank them (that's six months into the use year). As the year progresses, you won't be able to bank the full amount. Once you get past the six month mark, you can bank a smaller percentage of your total points.

We seldom bank because we use all our points every year. This year we borrowed from two of our other contracts for the 11 month home resort booking. So we did have points to book by the end of Feb. We went ahead and banked them for next year.

Ok, so I bank all that is unused by the end of September. Then I want to go back in Jan, I would then borrow points from 08? When I go back after March 31, 2008 will they start by using the banked points?

It is really confusing! Thanks for the help.

Ok, so I bank all that is unused by the end of September. Then I want to go back in Jan, I would then borrow points from 08? When I go back after March 31, 2008 will they start by using the banked points?

Yep, you could do that. But if you knew you were going in Jan, just make that reservation as soon as you know. Then bank the rest. And they use them for your March trip.

MS will usually use any banked points in the Use Year first when making a new reservation. I would always suggest keeping track of any banked points and proactively asking MS to use those points first and then follow up each call with a recap of your remaining points.

If you think you want to go in January, I'd make the reservation as soon as possible and not worry about banking the points- if you wait until shortly before to make the reservation, you may find limited availability for the dates you want. If you are truly unsure about a January trip, I would bank the excess 2007 points by September and would be very cautious about borrowing points for the January trip until you are absolutely certain you plan to go - if you make that reservation and cancel on short notice, you will limit your ability to use the points and banking will NOT be an option since the points are borrowed (and those cannot be banked).

Enjoy!

I also have an April use year. You have until the end of September to bank 100%. You have until the end of December to bank 50%. So for example if you have 250 points, you can still bank up to a total of 125 by December 31. I usually have less than 50% left by September 30 so it isn't an issue right then. Last year I had already banked my 2005 points when I had a chance to extend a business trip in February. I borrowed the points from 2006.

Hi Neighbors,

LisaS gave me the banked 101 class and now I understand banked points. My confusion came with the %'s. I thought it was of what was left and now I understand it is the total points to start out with.

Thanks Lisa for a great class!:banana: I finally understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter