Banana Boats

KAR3600

DVC Member since 1996 - Cruising is the best part!
Has anyone taken the Banana Boat ride? Was it fun?. Was it worth the money??

hey!
i was wonderin about that myself.
i can tell you that a lot of my friends have been on them here and they say its a blast! im plannin on doin it during the cruise (i hope itll be as fun as all my friends say it is!):D :p

At a moderate pace they took the eight of us out past the ship. The driver & spotter stopped to see if everyone was alright ...Then they opened up the engines! Wow! If you sit upfront you're likely to get a lot of spray in your face. Just remember, lean toward the middle...or you may fall off. Have a great time!

My whole family just did the banana boat ride two weeks ago. From our youngest (8 years) to the oldest, we all had a blast. It was fun going out from Castaway Key and getting a really good up close look at the ship, during a couple of slow moments. Believe me, there were only a couple of those. The time on the boat went too fast.

Be sure to wear goggles--DS did and loved it! DH didn't and the salt water irritated his eyes.

Goggles, now that's a great idea. I would not have thought of goggles. Thanks for the heads up.

Judy

My partner and I cruised last June and rode the banana boat ride. We loved it! Because we were sitting on the very back, they gave me the emergency whistle to blow if anyone fell off. Well loe and behold my partner fell off on one of the fast turns. I was so shocked I could only scream...but before I could even get the whistle to my mouth the driver had stopped and circled around to get her. I am glad he had little rear view mirrors! Even with her falling off we really liked it. We also did the para-sailing and that was awesome. I am the world's biggest chicken and can't believe I actually did it. I guess I thought pixie dust would protect me...anyways, it was bumpy going up, I could feel the cable being let out. Once I was up at the top the view was unbelievable. I kept trying to not think about this little cable and harness was the only thing keeping me safe. I am not sure I would ever do it again, but was glad I tried it and have the pictures to prove it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!