Bakery Name Ideas

There's already a Buena Vista Bakery (several actually), but I'm not sure if it can be trademarked since the name is so common. We even have a place called The Buena Vista in San Francisco that supposedly popularized Irish coffee in the United States. Somehow Disney hasn't sued all these places out of existence.

Not necessarily all that relevant, but once I saw someone wearing a T-shirt that said "Rock Hard Bakery" in the style of a Hard Rock Cafe T-shirt. And the subtitle was "We knead the dough"

Of all the names people picked here I liked enchanted delights the best. I wouldn’t go with very merry cheesecake as that sounds like you are only open during Christmas. Also I wouldn’t go with anything that has sugar in the name. Everyone knows that cheesecakes is loaded with sugar but we don’t need to be reminded of it when we are buying cheesecakes.

I would mash up the Disney inspiration and your 1st name (or your kids' 1st names), so, something like...

Emma's Enchanted Delights
Sarah's Spoonful of Sugar
Bonnie's Bibbidy Bakery Boo

or reversed

Enchanted Delights by Emma
Kiss the Cake by Kate

Etc, etc...

I would mash up the Disney inspiration and your 1st name (or your kids' 1st names), so, something like...

Emma's Enchanted Delights
Sarah's Spoonful of Sugar
Bonnie's Bibbidy Bakery Boo

or reversed

Enchanted Delights by Emma
Kiss the Cake by Kate

Etc, etc...
That's a wonderful idea. My daughter's name is actually Aurora 😁

Of all the names people picked here I liked enchanted delights the best. I wouldn’t go with very merry cheesecake as that sounds like you are only open during Christmas. Also I wouldn’t go with anything that has sugar in the name. Everyone knows that cheesecakes is loaded with sugar but we don’t need to be reminded of it when we are buying cheesecakes.
Yes, they are sugary. Thank you for the recommendation!

There's already a Buena Vista Bakery (several actually), but I'm not sure if it can be trademarked since the name is so common. We even have a place called The Buena Vista in San Francisco that supposedly popularized Irish coffee in the United States. Somehow Disney hasn't sued all these places out of existence.

Not necessarily all that relevant, but once I saw someone wearing a T-shirt that said "Rock Hard Bakery" in the style of a Hard Rock Cafe T-shirt. And the subtitle was "We knead the dough"
Oh my gosh! That's hilarious 😆 Depending on the names I narrow it down to, if there's likeness to Disney too much, I'm consulting the Disney copyright group for licensing permission.

I wouldn’t choose a name TOO closely associated with anything Disney. They are particularly sensitive and have threatened lawsuits in the past.

A friend of mine ran her business out of her house and is now opening a bakery this summer. Hers is named Queen of Tarts. She is famous for her cakes and her decorating.

That sounds really wrong due to the alternative definition's;

Tart: a promiscuous woman : a woman who has many sexual partners. b : prostitute.

~Queen of prostitutes Bakery~

I wouldn’t choose a name TOO closely associated with anything Disney. They are particularly sensitive and have threatened lawsuits in the past.
I definitely get it. I'm trying to do more of a play on words if I can. There's a Mad Batter and Spoonful of Sugar bakeries in my area. I'm still consulting the Disney copyright association to make sure I don't run into any issues. I can request permission through them to use a name and/or logo design but it has to be approved and then I would have to pay for copyright permission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter