Bahamas order requiring Vaccination set to Expire Nov 1?

KevinFL

DCL Pearl
We are 2 weeks away from expiration of this initial order. Still listed on DCL website is Travel Requirement below. So if this order is not renewed are unvaccinated passengers allowed to sail DCL again? Has there been any indication if the Bahamas will let this order expire?

Don't count on it. Even if it does, the cruise lines will keep their mandates in place. There is too much at risk for them not to. BTW...this is what it says on DCL..

For all sailings, Guests 12 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated and take a COVID-19 test upon embarkation. Guests 11 years old and under are not required to be vaccinated but must take a pre-trip NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test for COVID-19, as well as a rapid COVID-19 test upon embarkation.

There is no end date noted.

We are booked on a November Wonder cruise, only stopping in Mexico. There is a vaccine requirement by Disney to sail even though there is no requirement in Mexico.

There is no end date noted.

There is an end date of Nov 1 for travel to Bahamas on the screen shot that I took this morning off DCL and posted in original post.. This comes from a pop-up on the DCL website when you start selecting a cruise; you have to click "ok" to confirm you are aware.

The Bahamas will extend.

In addition, San Juan and the USVI require vaccines for cruise passengers, and San Diego embarks require vaccines. DCL isn't going to do different protocols by port at this point. They did a bit different for the UK vs. US, but they will avoid having different protocols by US coast because that's a path to mayhem when dealing with passengers and information.

I wouldn't bet on Disney requiring vaccines come Nov. 1st if The Bahamas drop their requirement - at least not on sailings departing from Florida. According to the current state of political affairs in Florida, no entity conducting business in the state is allowed to require vaccines or mandate proof of vaccines. Most cruise lines have gotten around this by stating that proof of vaccination is needed to comply with requirements from the various countries visited.
Keeping fingers crossed that Disney goes the way of NCL and other lines in defying the governor's orders. For those of us who are vaccinated, the mandate provides an extra level of reassurance, or at the very least, a reduction in the amount of risk of contracting Covid and passing it along to others who, by no fault or choice of their own, are unable to be vaccinated (kids, immuno-compromised, etc...).
Not afraid of Covid, but sure ain't looking for it either!

I wouldn't bet on Disney requiring vaccines come Nov. 1st if The Bahamas drop their requirement - at least not on sailings departing from Florida. According to the current state of political affairs in Florida, no entity conducting business in the state is allowed to require vaccines or mandate proof of vaccines.

That is what I am wondering. DCL is on the list of businesses under investigation for violating FL vaccine passport law (#98 in this article). If Bahamas does not extend the order past Nov 1 then wondering how DCL will respond for those 3/4 day trips from FL to the Bahamas.

https://www.wfla.com/community/heal...nvestigation-for-violating-covid-19-mandates/

The Bahamas will be extending their policy:

Local Bahamas news report from October 13 2021: http://www.tribune242.com/news/2021/oct/13/cruise-ship-vaccination-police-be-extended/?news

TOURISM, Investments and Aviation Minister Chester Cooper says the government will extend its vaccination policy for cruise ships seeking to enter a port in The Bahamas until next year.

The policy, which requires cruise passengers aged 12 and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, was initiated by the former Minnis administration.

END QUOTE

The article has additional details.

The Bahamas will be extending their policy:

Local Bahamas news report from October 13 2021: http://www.tribune242.com/news/2021/oct/13/cruise-ship-vaccination-police-be-extended/?news

TOURISM, Investments and Aviation Minister Chester Cooper says the government will extend its vaccination policy for cruise ships seeking to enter a port in The Bahamas until next year.

The policy, which requires cruise passengers aged 12 and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, was initiated by the former Minnis administration.

END QUOTE

The article has additional details.

Glad you were able to find this! I could not find any such info. To be extended to Dec 31st.

I called DCL before I booked the 11/1 sailing and was told the current protocols are in place until 12/31.

My friend is a Disney travel agent and said the requirement is on until the end of the year.

We sail Nov 15 and if they changed the requirement I'd cancel. As a Canada who requires a negative test to get home I can't risk it. We picked DCL because of the pre-testing and the vaccine requirement.

Same. If protocols change we are cancelling our 11/1 cruise. Especially if they change them now with such short notice. We are cruising now specifically because of the strict protocols.

That is what I am wondering. DCL is on the list of businesses under investigation for violating FL vaccine passport law (#98 in this article). If Bahamas does not extend the order past Nov 1 then wondering how DCL will respond for those 3/4 day trips from FL to the Bahamas.

https://www.wfla.com/community/heal...nvestigation-for-violating-covid-19-mandates/
Florida has no say in foreign ports vaccination requirements. If the ship wants to stop in a port requiring vaccine proof, all the cruise lines will follow that order or have to skip the port. Not looking good in some parts of the world. One of the cruise vlogs I follow says it seems like Australia is tell cruise lines they won't let any ships dock at all in 2022, without regard to vaccine status or testing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter