Bahamas bans US travellers effective July 22nd-reversing July 1 reopening

If Disney can't use their "private" island they should really look for alternatives to The Bahamas and reconsider their investment in Lighthouse Point.
Short sighted is giving one small, and corrupt if you read the news, country the power to cancel most of your business. The Bahamas aren't the only islands in the world.
By this logic, one could extrapolate that Canada is short sighted as well, and that cruise lines should find alternative countries to stop at on the way to Alaska.

I'm kind of confused, too. May is 10 months away, you have no idea when the Bahamas will open to US travelers and to cruise ships, but if I had to guess I'd say it will be before your May cruise. Not sure I'd throw in the towel just yet.
I know...I'm just frustrated at this point.

What do you mean good bye May cruises?!? Did I miss an update somewhere. We are booked Concierge in April out of Port Canaveral.
Sorry for the confusion. I had planned on cruising in May but with how things are going I really don't want to commit to a cruise with so much uncertainty going on. I thought for sure things would calm down by this summer but it hasn't.
Did you rebook for May 2021?
I didn't lock anything in yet but that was the plan.

Sorry for the confusion. I had planned on cruising in May but with how things are going I really don't want to commit to a cruise with so much uncertainty going on. I thought for sure things would calm down by this summer but it hasn't.

Totally makes sense. Sucks though :sad: :(

Totally get that. We booked the April cruise about 14 months out. Even with all of this Corona craziness it just seemed so far out! Now, I am not sure if I hope it sails or gets cancelled. I wish there was more info on specifics of modifications being talked about. Like, how many kids will be allowed in the clubs, and how many hours a day will kids be allowed to reserve? Not going to be much fun if our DD 10 will only be allowed in the clubs for a few hours and then pool time may or may not be available. We normally do not spend time in our cabin, but are enjoying amenities of the ship.

Short sighted is giving one small, and corrupt if you read the news, country the power to cancel most of your business. The Bahamas aren't the only islands in the world.
They're the only foreign islands that close to Florida. DCL's business is just as hampered by the CDC as by the Bahamas, anyway. But DCL isn't going to abandon its U.S. ports in a fit of annoyance, anymore than it will abandon its private islands on the Bahamas.

Totally get that. We booked the April cruise about 14 months out. Even with all of this Corona craziness it just seemed so far out! Now, I am not sure if I hope it sails or gets cancelled. I wish there was more info on specifics of modifications being talked about. Like, how many kids will be allowed in the clubs, and how many hours a day will kids be allowed to reserve? Not going to be much fun if our DD 10 will only be allowed in the clubs for a few hours and then pool time may or may not be available. We normally do not spend time in our cabin, but are enjoying amenities of the ship.
That is my concern as well. I'm sure we will have sailings by the spring but what it really boils down to: specifics. Hopefully we get some clarification soon.

14 day general quarantine will probably have the effect of reducing tourism more than the previous edict.

BUT, it is more consistent, so no country will be made to feel like a pariah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter