Baggallini, Overland Donner, OR.....

bcbg11

Mouseketeer
http://www.rei.com/product/827995/rei-tranquility-shoulder-bag-womens

I'm torn by hearing mixed reviews. My husband seemed to like the look of the Baggallini but I'm hearing negatives about the straps slipping and space issues?

With the Overland Donner, I'm not sure how comfortable it is to carry. Any insight?

I like the look of the REI Tranquility bag in the link, but I can't find a review on it. Does anyone have experience with it or can anyone sell me on one over the other?

I'll be toting for me, my husband and 2 small kids. 5 and 2.

I love my baggalinis. I have 4 of them and have also given them as gifts to a few friends and they love them. Two are small and I use when we travel and found them to be great in the parks. They expand and can fit so much in them.

Never had a issue with the straps. One problem is that there are so many places to put things I forget what is where.

http://www.rei.com/product/827995/rei-tranquility-shoulder-bag-womens

I'm torn by hearing mixed reviews. My husband seemed to like the look of the Baggallini but I'm hearing negatives about the straps slipping and space issues?

With the Overland Donner, I'm not sure how comfortable it is to carry. Any insight?

I like the look of the REI Tranquility bag in the link, but I can't find a review on it. Does anyone have experience with it or can anyone sell me on one over the other?

I'll be toting for me, my husband and 2 small kids. 5 and 2.

I'm going to throw another option in there.... Piazza Day Bag. I bought one last week strickly to use for wdw this summer but ended up loving it so much when I got it that I now use it daily. I'm going to get another one for this summer and DD likes it, so I'm getting her one as well. The only issue I have with it is that the strap is a tad too wide for me to wear over my shoulder, but is is great for cross body, which is how I was going to wear it this summer anyway. I do love the organization of it - all the pockets and holders and water bottle holder and the inside is HUGE, so I can deal with the strap being a tad too wide. Normally at wdw I carry a small back pack and small cross body purse and wanted to condense everything into one bag and it all fits into the Piazza nicely. (Here is what I fit in it...small wallet, tickets, small bottle sunscreen, small bottle of hand sanitizer, 2 mini umbrellas or 2 adults size ponchos, 1 water bottle, small bag of snacks, cell phone, small first aid kit, baseball hat, keys, lip balm and hand wipes and there was still room!) So glad I got it.::yes:: Walmart has limited colors as does amazon, but ebags has a larger assortment of colors.

I'm going to throw another option in there.... Piazza Day Bag. Walmart has limited colors as does amazon, but ebags has a larger assortment of colors.

I am going to check this one out too now.

One other question on the Baggallini reviews (if anyone knows). I've also seen a couple reviews saying they are not good for short people. Someone who was 5'2 wrote that (which is my height).

Any other experiences or issues with the Baggallini if you're short?

Thanks everyone!

I'm short... 5 2 ... And I love, love, love our baggalini!! Wouldn't think of bringing anything else! It's me, dh, and our kids... 3 of them... And never had space problems. We are only on out second one after yearly vacations to wdw and elsewhere for 6 years!

I have the overland donner and I love it. I used it as my every day purse until September when my son was born and I went back to a diaper bag. The side pockets are great for sippy cups or water bottles. I used it at Disneyland lots of tomes with no issues, but never at wdw.

Although now I'm interested in the rei one and want to check it out. Lol

I have the overland donner and I love it. I used it as my every day purse until September when my son was born and I went back to a diaper bag. The side pockets are great for sippy cups or water bottles. I used it at Disneyland lots of tomes with no issues, but never at wdw.

I just purchased the overland donner from baggalini and I love it. Straps are comfortable and can extend to a longer length for people on the plus size.

My favorite part is the two pouches for water bottles. They fit snugly, unlike ones i have used in the past and the fabric is perfect for water bottles. I hated carrying my water bottle last year at DW and having no where to put it when not drinking. All set for Sept trip. ;)

I picked up a Timbuk2 bag

It is stylish (ish), functional and I'll be surprised if it ever wears out - the thing is super durable! There is a lot of storage space but it also can lay flat when you're not toting around a pile of stuff.

She has a bagallini and doesn't really like it - it is too thin and you can't jam a camera into it.

I picked it up at EMS but I bet that REI or any outdoor shop will have them. Just another option for you all to consider!

I picked up a Timbuk2 bag

It is stylish (ish), functional and I'll be surprised if it ever wears out - the thing is super durable! There is a lot of storage space but it also can lay flat when you're not toting around a pile of stuff.

She has a bagallini and doesn't really like it - it is too thin and you can't jam a camera into it.

I picked it up at EMS but I bet that REI or any outdoor shop will have them. Just another option for you all to consider!

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/express-shoulder-bag

is the bag...i couldn't add it to the post.

I can let you know on that next week. I picked up the Overland Donner on clearance at REI...couldn't pass that up. $34 and the REI bag to compare. If I LOVE both, I may just keep them. I will test both though and if I love one way more than the other, I'll return one or maybe gift one for Mother's Day. OR, I'll take back both if I don't like and try the Baggallini out. Bags are my weakness. LOL. Thanks for everyone's input!

I like that Timbuk2 also! Cute! I think our EMS closed, sadly enough. Sigh. I used to love that store!

I have a Baggallini Messenger Sling bag and LOVE IT.....I also have the Overland Donner and love it too. The Baggallini is nice and organized, tons of pockets and the strap cinches up nicely so it's not hitting my hip all day. It's got the great pocket on the strap too, which makes tickets or cell phones...etc easier to access. I like the fabric too, very stain resistant, easy to wipe off and I don't worry about sitting it on the floor of the bus...etc. The only thing with this one is it's a bit bigger so I have a tendency to over fill it and then it's too heavy. My water bottle falls out if I bend over too.

The Donner is a more cloth like fabric and mine got a few spots on it the first year I used it that didn't come off. It looks like they've changed the fabric a bit and made them darker colors so that would help. It's also very organized.....easy to get in and out of and comes with 2 water bottles :) that hold my water securely even if I bend over to pick something up or to tie a shoe :).

I don't think you'd go wrong with either of those bags.....they are great organized travel bags. If I had to pick one (which I do actually just wear one during vacation LOL), I always go to the Baggallini.....I just like more pockets ;).

I love my baggallini, messenger bag for the parks. It fits everything that I need in it. I'm 5'3" and the straps adjust to fit me. I actually bought the gray one so my hubby doesn't mind carrying if he has too.....nvr had a problem with straps slipping.

I just ordered a new Overland Donner from ebags to replace the one I have had for 4 years. It is our favorite Disney bag and I use it often as a purse when I am going on field trips, ect and need more space. It is trhe perfect amount of space and organization for us, has 2 water bottle spots, has held up well, and s easy to carry crossbody. DH doesn't mind carrying it either since it is a more "manly" color.

I am going to check this one out too now.

One other question on the Baggallini reviews (if anyone knows). I've also seen a couple reviews saying they are not good for short people. Someone who was 5'2 wrote that (which is my height).

Any other experiences or issues with the Baggallini if you're short?

Thanks everyone!

bags are my weakness;)

i'm 5'5" (on a good day) and have found that i need at least a 52 inch strap to make things comfy for me all day re crossbody bags.

I have several baggallini's and the overland donner along with their placer (one of my fav park bags as to storage in a small bag)

I've taken to using vera products the last few years. Mailbag for days i have to carry alot, sometimes hipster, usually mini hipster for typical day since i try to wear cargo shorts and have DH carry stuff in his pockets too.

Update: My Overland Donner and REI Tranquility bags came yesterday and I do like both. I think I like the more compact shape of the Overland and how it looks with the hunter green color rather than the jungle green. Decisions, decisions. I'm thinking the REI bag may go back (it was more expensive too at $44 versus the Donner that was on sale for $38). The Donner just seems like better quality overall.

To throw a wrench in the mix, I also ordered a Baggallini today just to make sure since it's on sale at Amazon for $40 with free shipping and returns. It will arrive on Friday. Nothing to lose, right? I feel better buying it at $40 than the $55 it was listed at last week. So if anyone else needs one, now is your chance!

I have two Overland bags. The Auburn (Donner's cousin) is for days when I carry more stuff like flip flops, umbrella and a Kindle. Otherwise I love my little Bayliss. Both are very comfortable to wear and don't bounce around while you walk. I like their organization and especially the fleece lined pockets for the smart phone and camera. Don't have to carry a camera case. I gave serious thought to the Donner, but I prefer not to carry drink bottles, so went with Auburn.

A little more fuel. After looking at this thread earlier today, I decided to stop by my local REI store. I am a large woman (5' 8" and about 275 lbs) and always have a hard time finding a bag that is not a backpack to carry to the World. I love cross body styles but have a hard time finding one that is comfortable on my large size. Today at REI I found the REI Women's Tranquility Shoulder Bag. It's PERFECT!!! Its fits me well and I love its organizing pockets. I will try to upload pics later today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter