Baggage claim at MCO

CapnJacksGirl

Mom to two little scalliwags!
Hello! We're arriving this Saturday (thank the Maker!) at 10 am! :yay:

I think we have only picked up our own luggage at MCO one time in dozens of trips there so I'm curious if there is a "usual" for how long it takes for bags to get from the plane to baggage claim. Some airports are consistently very efficient; others not so much. Any strong feelings about MCO?

I'm mostly trying to decide if we could stop at the food court for a quick (and I do mean quick) bite before heading to baggage claim or if that would leave our bags as the only ones making the loop, or worse, being set off to the side. My secondary thought would be to send DH and one DS on down to baggage claim while I and the other DS gather some food, then we can snarf it down in a corner before moving on to ME. Probably a better plan but still curious on baggage timing.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

We always arrive at the baggage carousel before the first bag and that is with taking a bathroom break on the way. But the bags do almost always arrive within 5-10 minutes of us getting to baggage claim.

Hello! We're arriving this Saturday (thank the Maker!) at 10 am! :yay:

I think we have only picked up our own luggage at MCO one time in dozens of trips there so I'm curious if there is a "usual" for how long it takes for bags to get from the plane to baggage claim. Some airports are consistently very efficient; others not so much. Any strong feelings about MCO?

I'm mostly trying to decide if we could stop at the food court for a quick (and I do mean quick) bite before heading to baggage claim or if that would leave our bags as the only ones making the loop, or worse, being set off to the side. My secondary thought would be to send DH and one DS on down to baggage claim while I and the other DS gather some food, then we can snarf it down in a corner before moving on to ME. Probably a better plan but still curious on baggage timing.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Hey we are arriving this Saturday also! But not until like noon. We are in the same situation, I have never had to get my bags before. Here's hoping it's a smooth process!

I've had it be quick and had it be slow. I would have no hesitation about taking a bathroom break, but would probably split the party and send some to get the bags and some to get the food "just in case".

I can only speak for Delta, but we typically have a bathroom stop then head to baggage claim and the bags almost always arrive within 5-10 mins, if that. It has always been super efficient, in our experience. Only time I can think of that took longer than that was one time where we landed in a torrential rain/storm. Again, can only speak for Delta.

Y’all so lucky! I have retrieved my bags more times than I care to mention and 9 times out of 10 I could have sat down and had a nice long dinner!! Haa haa
We can take a bathroom break chat up people that were on the flight and wait at least 45 mins for our bags I’ve never understood why it takes so long!
funny thing my home airport is even worse I swear they must have one poor person doing the whole job !!
have a wonderful trip!!

I can only speak for Delta, but we typically have a bathroom stop then head to baggage claim and the bags almost always arrive within 5-10 mins, if that. It has always been super efficient, in our experience. Only time I can think of that took longer than that was one time where we landed in a torrential rain/storm. Again, can only speak for Delta.
I think every time I've flown into MCO it's been on Delta. I've landed during thunderstorms, and got in right at a shift change. I'd say the shortest wait was about 5-10 minutes, the longest was 45-60 minutes.

All of the large airports I have been in seem fairly organized with delivering of luggage. You can never tell when there might be some sort of delay, but generally have had no issues. Stopping to use the restroom after deplaning is always a good idea. Depending on if you sit near the front or back of an airplane can make a big difference in how long it even takes to get inside the terminal. In some of the larger airports, the luggage is already there by time I have walked from the plane to baggage claim. I would not stop for a meal before claiming my luggage regardless of the airport. You would not have to go back through security at Orlando to get food once you have claimed your baggage.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I think we'll do the divide and conquer method....two heading to baggage claim, two to the food court line. We'll meet up, eat, and head for ME. I appreciate the help!!

Us, Jet Blue, we don't rush, the bags get to the carousel about the same time we do. YMMV on other airlines.

This has been our experience with Delta as well.

This has been my experience with Delta as well. Enough time to stop in the bathroom and bags arrive at baggage claim about the same time as I do (especially when I have been sitting further back on the plane).

My experience with southwest (only a few times have I retrieved my own luggage) has been they are pretty quick. Much faster than my local airport

Approximately 30 - 45 minutes wheels down for SWA & spirit (they tend to be on the slower end)

Last time in MCO 9/20, the airport was rather dead. Only at the carousel a couple of minutes & out came the bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!