Bag Scale at Target

hercamore

<font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea
I usually fly from Mn on Northwest out of my small town to Orlando on vacation and to Pensacola to visit my DD.

With the new one bag restriction and the $50 weight charge, I'm thinking I should invest in a handheld bag scale. Target has one for $10.

Does anyone use a little scale like this. Where did you get it. I'm always struggling with the bag on the bathroom scale scenario!.

herc.

I picked up a luggage scale at our local luggage shop for about $10. I looked at the one at Target and it didn't have a 2nd arm that stays at the weight until reset. Without that second arm, you need one person to lift and one to read. The second arm turns it into a one-person job. We love the conveneince of this little scale! -- Suzanne

I'm cheap. I stand on my bathroom scale....record the weight. Then I hold the bag in front of me & get on the scale.....record the weight. Then I subtract the difference.

thebigk,
What do you do to weigh your luggage on the way home, especially if you have bought things?

There's usually a scale in the healthclub/spas at the hotels we stay at :thumbsup2

That our we have bought a small $10 suitcase for the flight home if we have that much to bring on the way home.

Also, we have went to the empty ticketing booths (ALL airports have them)at the airport and set our luggage on the scale there to check them. Then we balance the weight between the bags as needed.

There's usually a scale in the healthclub/spas at the hotels
WOW! Great idea! I never thought of that. I avoid the health club scales like the plague when on vacation! :lmao:

We have the small scale. We got it from Magellan online. Worth having to weigh your luggage on the way home. We just returned from Vegas and weighed the luggage and were able to shift things around before we left.

We have travel bags for our stroller and carseat. If we have bought alot on our trip, we put all our dirty clothes in the carseat bag, and use our regular suitcase for our purchases. Then, we check the carseat bag as a suitcase! Sure, we have to carry the carseat through the airport, but we don't have to pay the extra fee for an overweight bag!

Seems like everyone's got their own tips and tricks for getting round the overweight fee problem.

I just hate trying to lug a 45lb bag on the bathroom scale. I'm a senior woman, and I usually fly solo.
herc..

We have a luggage scale we bought a few years ago. It has been on every trip we have taken. We can get our suitcases up to 49lbs and still make the weight limit when they check at the airport. It is definitely money well spent. When we bought ours there was no option of having the weight stay displayed on the scale and one of us holds the suitcase while the other reads the scale. If I were to buy a new one I would get that option so one person could do it easy.

I just use the lift and carry method. I have to be able to lift and carry a bag 20 feet. If I can, it's probably 40 lbs. or less.

I know many international travelers who use the bag scales. The weight restrictions and over-weight baggage fees are significantly greater.

Target has a fancy electronic scale on their website for $25. Don't want to spend that much tho.

herc.

I haven't gotten the luggage scale yet but will be before our next trip.
For me it will be money well spent.

I have looked at the digital scale they run around $25.00 everywhere I have seen them. If I can find the one person non-digital scale for less I will get that but one way or another I will get one. I worry too much not to have one!

Peace.
Colleen

Just picked up a luggage scale at the local Totes outlet center. It was $7.99, it's "Travelon - Luggage Scale with Tape Measure". It goes up to 75 lbs. and has a second arm that records the weight. It's only 4.5" high by 3" wide and 1.5" depth so it sure pack nice in any suitcase, but I will find that out on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter