Bad Neighbors

livie1205

DIS Veteran
:mad: wHAT DO YOU DO ABOUT BAD NEIGHBORS? There is this weird family that moved in across from us about a year ago...well the dad stays home and the mom works (not the weird part)but all he does all day is drink beer and drive back and forth to and from the store....he has been harassing us for a while tailgaiting me,putting poop in our mailbox (he did the same to our neighbor and they saw them do it) ect...he called my dh work to complain (dh is LEO) that our son goes to a good school out of our area (we applied for movement at school board and got approved) and his son was denied and has to go to a not so good school and that my husband did not help him dig a ditch yeh dig a ditch...lol after working all night...said he is the youngest man in neighborhood and didnt help! LIKE HE HAS TO HELP HIM lol they told him not a work issue...but he has been waiting till I leave the drivway and getting right on my butt and following! I think he is a little wacko! What would you do?I did make a report about the poop thing already...

I saw something like this on a news show. A bad neighbor was leaving poop on people's doorsteps. They got him on tape, posted it on the internet and spread the word. Neighbor was embarrassed enough without involving the law.

no I normally would not first involve the law BUT he is calling my dh work with just STUPID stuff like "he would help me dig" or "he got his son in a better school" and even though my dh cant get in trouble......it is a pain.The bad part of his job is when someone gets mad at you the first thing they do is play the job card! We both have ex spouses that tried the same mess (his stopped after she got a LEO like job) and my ex stopped after they told his STOP USING US TO HARASS THEM ! :headache:

What is LEO? I don't understand the whole job thing reference.

If I was being harassed like this I would call the police. I would also look into getting a restraining order.

LEO is Law Enforcement Officer. Some departments are ridiculous about people who call in to complain about officers. My DH is LEO and luckily his department takes that kind of thing with a grain of salt. Sounds like neighbor is trying to get him in trouble at work. OP, make sure DH's CO is aware of the situation so he won't be blindsided if this gets worse. :grouphug:

Edit- If he's following you after drinking, I'd call and report that as well so they can get him off the streets!

LEO could be "law enforcement officer."

I'd contact police for guidance.

oh yes, he wrote a memo telling about the harassment...and his bosses know and like him, he has been there for years.When you are a cop people think that is a way of getting back at you or revenge.They know that this happens alot.It is just a pain to deal with.I think you should get in big trouble for making false reports or STUPID ONES lol They cant make him help someone dig a ditch just because hes a cop...that is just crazy....and the reason my son goes to a dif school is because my ex lives on one side of town and I live on another so he goes to a school in the middle.I had to go to court to do this and file a request with the school board and they said ok...he is just mad because he didnt know he could file for change of school and we did.

Geez, OP, I thought when I opened this thread that it would be about someone who never cuts the grass and lets their trash blow into your yard or something.

But these are major issues! I don't know what to tell you, but I wish you luck. Hopefully the bad neighbors will move so they can get their son into a better school and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

yeh lol I do not make it my buisness what my neighbors are doing...we are not nosy and I hate when people think they can tell grown adults what to do...I just figure this guy does not anything to do all day so he needs to be a busy body and a little looney! lol If this keeps up we are going to make a formal complaint...I will not be held captive in my own home...we built our house here 4 yrs ago,he moved in a year ago and has caused problems ever since,

I live next to some wonderful people!. One has a great guy how she knew was a drug addict but still let him whatch the kids. He's broken into our house once and was caught once. He has stollen my Dh's nintendo ds out of the van when he was acting like he was helping him( dh is disabled and figured he was being nice). He has numerous arrest warrents and the police has bashed down the door last month ( they have came by with 6 crusers often!)she claims he was arrested but he was down town last week!
We have another who is a foster parent so she thinks she can call facs us about wierd things like my kids double riding ther bikes( I will take thier bikes away if I was to see this) , my 8 year old refused to wear snow pants on a cold but not snowy day. Once I think it was my ex( since the calls were about My DH and he hates him) or a grouchy person who didn't like my kids called often about things that couldn't possibly happen like DH throw my son in the van. My dh has troubles even lifting his fork he's not strong enough to lift our 10lb dog even! People seem to phone facs for stupid things and when it's really needed the workers are so backed up it takes too long to get the kids help.

I have no advice, but my neighbors are so bad they were on Dr. Phil!
(I saw my house though...~LOL~)

Wow. When I got to the poop part, I just HAD to read this to my DH!

Two words...

Restraining Order

It's obvious this guy is a bit on the loony side, and honestly, I'd be concerned for my safety.. Do you have children? I would be concerned for them too.

Personally i would start documenting everything!!!! Every tailgate, every poop, ever harassing phone call........build the evidence just in case something "worse" does happen at least you have all of the facts as to when things happened and what you did to rectify the matter.

As for the tailgating, here's my suggestion: the moment he pulls in close behind you, pull over and let him pass.....simple as that. See what he does.

Suggestion for the poop: take pictures and document as evidence

phone calls: take detailed notes

Good luck!!

Well, if he has been drinking beer all day, how about letting one of the LEO know when he leaves his house, if they follow him, something might happen with his driving (cross the center line, do a rolling stop, five over the speed limit, etc.)and if they smell it............

This person sounds mentally ill, not just a bad neighbor. I agree with PP to document everything and possibly get a restraining order against him if possible.

I think the mailbox thing is a federal offense and can get him into serious trouble.

Why doesnt your husband file reports or get a restraining order? Seems like he'd be able to find some loophole...

he does not want to seem like he is using his job to make reports on someone..we are trying to be good neighbors,not make the trouble worse.It looks like I am going to have to start making reports when he continues doing this...he waits until my dh is at work to follow us in the car and we dont stay up all night to take a photo of him messing with the mailbox....the reason we know he did it is because.....
One day my neighbors son (good neighbor next door) was in his yard and the mans wife drives by and stops,throws a bag of poop in the yard and says to him "your dad know what this is for":confused3 he had no clue...well he called my dh and he told him to call and make a report because he didnt want to be involved in a neighborhood thing so he did and they went to his house to talk to him...well he must have thought MY dh called them and the next day...wham! poop bomb...it was gross! one day I went into the yard with my dd2 and I heard someone yell witch well with a B and I looked around and I saw him standing in the yard by his house (across the road) no one else was home on our road, it was middle of the day...I have NO CLUE what this guys issue is...when they first moved in my kids went to there house to play and their son would not let them touch any of his toys and got mad at them because they did not want to play what he wanted the whole time and told his dad so he called my kids little b's kids without father word! my dh called him and cussed him out! went nuts! so we have not even looked his way in over a year!His son NEVER ever leaves their yard which has a 8 foot fence around it and has a chain on it.They moved here from Illinois (sp?) I think.Is this crazy or what?This is not a run down neighborhood...nice house,nice area..weird

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter