Bad food photos - our winter honeymoon dining report

SugarSweetLee

Mouseketeer
Last year we tried D-Luxe Burger for the first time and were completely blown away, so we were looking forward to visiting on this trip.

We tried mobile order, and had maybe a 15 minute wait or so to get the notification that our order was ready for pickup.

I ordered the limited holiday offering (same as I had last year), a Turkey burger with "Bacon-Cranberry Jam, Butternut Squash Risotto Cake, Lettuce, and Tomato" $13.49.

DH got his same order from last year, the El Diablo Burger: "Chorizo and Signature Blend Beef Patty, Fried Banana Peppers, Pepper Jack, Lettuce, Tomato, Grilled Onion and Chipotle Mayonnaise" $12.49.

We also decided to split a large order of fries ($7.99) and a S'mores Gelato shake (Vanilla Gelato blended with Toasted Marshmallow, Dark Chocolate Sauce and Graham Cracker Crumbles topped with Whipped Cream, Marshmallows, Dark Chocolate Drizzle, and a Graham Cracker) $7.50.

All together our meal was slightly over $40.

The holiday burger was decent, but not as good as last year's. The turkey patty is still moist and very flavorful, one of the best-flavored turkey burgers I've ever had. I didn't taste bacon in the jam though, just cranberry and onion. The squash risotto cake was disappointing and tasted a bit over-fried. The whole thing was more on the luke- side of lukewarm. However, it was still generally good even if it didn't live up to my expectations/memory.

DH is a lot more forgiving about food than I am and was very happy with his burger, even though he did note it could have been warmer.

The fries were disappointing, a bit tough/stale and not very hot either. We did not bother to finish them, and regular size order would have probably been sufficient.

We also had to wait a little while after we were notified to pick up our food because the shake was not ready. This may or may not have contributed to the temperature drop in our meal?

Anyway, the shake was great! Worth the wait for sure. Very good chocolate + marshmallow flavor. I didn't taste much Graham Cracker, but I was happy with the flavors it had. Splitting it was the right call, given how much other food we had. I forgot to take a photo of it, however. But you probably know what chocolatey milkshakes look like. Picture that.

Anyway, on to the pics:
Holiday turkey burger
20210102_175822.jpg

DH's El Diablo burger and blurry large fries
20210102_202340.jpg

Breakfast at Coronado Springs - Barcelona Lounge. Chocolate croissant ($3.99) was crispy, flaky, tender...very good! Chocolate chip muffin ($3.49) was fine, nothing to write home about. DH picked it, so I didn't have to eat it. Ha.

20210103_071825.jpg

Here are some other breakfast offerings with prices. The lavender yogurt sounds interesting. And I guess the eggs are good if you're paleo or keto.
20210103_071536.jpg
20210103_071550.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter