Bad Batch seasons 2 and 3

Skywalker3

DIS Veteran
First 2 episodes of the second season of Bad Batch dropping tomorrow. I'm very excited. I remember when they made all the big announcements years ago at D23 for all the Star Wars projects coming, and the one I was least excited about was Bad Batch. How mistaken I was. What a great surprise this series has been. DD is a big Clone wars, and Clone Trooper fan, so she's excited. DS, not so much. He said Omega messed it all up, having that kid in everything....ok, I get where he's coming from. I've never been a fan of cute kids, cute creatures, cute droids, all that in my Star Wars either. But I hope he'll still watch, and maybe he'll come around.. I do watch with a bit of dread, since none of these characters seem to be mentioned anywhere else later on....Looking forward to how it all plays out.

It's good stuff - the two new episodes are beautiful! Omega will no doubt become a fan-favorite too. I know some fans might find her annoying, but those characters often grow into the best ones - see Ahsoka Tano.

Good, solid premier. Felt a tad tedious at times, but still enjoyable Looking forward to the season. Glad to see Serreno, Really enjoyed the music and animation. and a bit of a brutal ending. Glad to see more of this time period, and how the rise of the Empire is affecting different worlds.
I love Wanda Sykes. She's hilarious. Hope her character will be in future episodes.

Last edited:
I liked the latest, though fans will call it a "filler" episode. I like the new racing sport and a lot of the aliens and droids that we saw. I wish they were publishing episode guides for this on Star Wars .com but they haven't been. There's so much interesting stuff!

I liked the latest, though fans will call it a "filler" episode. I like the new racing sport and a lot of the aliens and droids that we saw. I wish they were publishing episode guides for this on Star Wars .com but they haven't been. There's so much interesting stuff!
I think it was filler, but not in a bad way at all. It was very entertaining. I loved episode 3 so much, so it was a hard act to follow. But I do think this one advanced the characters of Tech, a little bit, but also Cyd. I think something will come of what that guy said at the end about trusting. Animation was incredible again. Have really noticed that a lot more in this series, the attention to detail. I don't think saying something is filler is necessarily a bad thing, but I know it connotes that now. Looking forward to more!

I think it was filler, but not in a bad way at all. It was very entertaining. I loved episode 3 so much, so it was a hard act to follow. But I do think this one advanced the characters of Tech, a little bit, but also Cyd. I think something will come of what that guy said at the end about trusting. Animation was incredible again. Have really noticed that a lot more in this series, the attention to detail. I don't think saying something is filler is necessarily a bad thing, but I know it connotes that now. Looking forward to more!

Well, yeah, I guess it is filler, it's just that filler is not a bad thing. It helps with world-building and character growth. Not everything has to be the "big story." That's a trap a lot of fans and media fall into. Look at Marvel movies - I have friends who jsut LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: No Way Home - and they're fine movies for sure - but they love them because they are BIG and IMPORTANT with so much going on. Honestly, though, the best ones to me are the smaller ones. Ant-Man is my favorite, and it doesn't really tie into Infinity whatevers. The big stuff is fun too, but not everything has to be that. In fact, the big stuff is MORE fun when it's not an all-the-time thing.

Goooood Batch today!

Gungi!
yes, was happy for that, and very happy to go back to Kashyyyk. Quite sad to see what is happening there, the destruction of their homeworld..... If we don't see Gungi again, I'd like to think and hope he survived somehow, and is hiding out

Double Batch today! Two episodes dropped, and they were cool.

Riyo Chuchi - great to see her. We get some interesting senate politics, only for it all to come down to Palpatine manipulating the situation to his benefit, that racasl! I wonder what is to become of Rampart?

Also, is it just me, or are the season 2 episodes really dark? Like, not in tone, but in actual visuals. There are so many scenes in dark locations, even just on ships and all. I have found it hard to see. I do have a 4K TV with HDR Dolby Vision HDR, and I know that can give very deep black,s but it's a little ridiculous. I do not see this on other shows.

Double Batch today! Two episodes dropped, and they were cool.

Riyo Chuchi - great to see her. We get some interesting senate politics, only for it all to come down to Palpatine manipulating the situation to his benefit, that racasl! I wonder what is to become of Rampart?

Also, is it just me, or are the season 2 episodes really dark? Like, not in tone, but in actual visuals. There are so many scenes in dark locations, even just on ships and all. I have found it hard to see. I do have a 4K TV with HDR Dolby Vision HDR, and I know that can give very deep black,s but it's a little ridiculous. I do not see this on other shows.
I was going to go back and watch some to see if we noticed they were darker, but haven't had a chance. I did notice it this week...but since it was mainly set in a cave, wasn't sure if it was more on purpose, haha. I have noticed more darkness in some tv shows lately though. I'll try and re-watch some and see.
I loved the 2-arc clone trooper episodes, even though the batch weren't in the first episode Those 2 new clone characters were interesting, so was sad to see the outcome. Always great to see Coruscant, and all of the various levels of society there. and always enjoy seeing the Senate. The EMperor is always the master chess player. He has a play for every outcome, or maneuver.

I was going to go back and watch some to see if we noticed they were darker, but haven't had a chance. I did notice it this week...but since it was mainly set in a cave, wasn't sure if it was more on purpose, haha. I have noticed more darkness in some tv shows lately though. I'll try and re-watch some and see.
I loved the 2-arc clone trooper episodes, even though the batch weren't in the first episode Those 2 new clone characters were interesting, so was sad to see the outcome. Always great to see Coruscant, and all of the various levels of society there. and always enjoy seeing the Senate. The EMperor is always the master chess player. He has a play for every outcome, or maneuver.

So, itnerestingly, I didn't think this week's episode was TOO dark like others have been.

So, itnerestingly, I didn't think this week's episode was TOO dark like others have been.
ha, that's funny. They did do a good job with the beautiful glow of the Ipsium, and the animation was great with the water scenes, well, all of it really, inside the cave and out. Animation all season has been excellent.

ha, that's funny. They did do a good job with the beautiful glow of the Ipsium, and the animation was great with the water scenes, well, all of it really, inside and out. Animation all season has been excellent.

Yes, it looks amazing. They've really come a long way since the first season of The Clone Wars.

I’ve got to admit …totally slipped my mind as I’ve been watching some other stuff since the beginning of the year. I think I’ll start it up tonight and watch a little every night

This episode today was incredible. Very dark, somber theme, but storytelling and animation so well done.

All of the last episodes have been incredible. wonderful animation and story. Enjoying more than Mandalorian this season.
have some Kleenex for the last episode...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter