Backyard Barbeque

GlennandAnn

<font color=9966FF>If found, please return to Boar
:smooth:

Has anyone been to the Backyard Barbeque at the WL? We will be staying there in June and are wondering if we should take our 3 year old. What exactly is it? When does it take place?

I am not sure which evenings the backyard BBQ are on but your 3 year old will love it. The food is very good plenty of food and choice. There are games for children outside and line dancing is taught (adults and children) all good fun. Mickey Minnie Chip & Dale and I think Pluto all appear during the evening and even join in the dancing. We always go to this BBQ when we go to WDW.:bounce: :bounce:

I had a different opinion of the Backyard Barbeque. We took our 5 and 2 year old children in October. I thought the food was just OK, the bartenders were hustling tips (talking loudly about it within earshot of guests), the linedancing was too crowded and went too fast for young ones (heck - they went too fast for me!), and a great deal of time was spent lining up to meet characters. There was also a lot of smoking near us while we were eating. I don't know if this was permissable, but no CM's stopped it.

Basically, I felt it was priced too high for this type of product. We decided we would rather spend about a third of the money for a character meal and have better food and no lining up for the characters - they come to you.

On the other hand - the luau was great. The food was not spectacular, but the service was very good and the show was one of the best I've seen. Both children loved it and we felt this was worth every penny. If you consider this dinner show, book this as early as possible, because your seating is based on when you booked. Children definitely seem to enjoy it more when they are sitting up close. They also get to participate more if they are near the front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter