Backstage Magic question- Hollywood Sign?

dolewhipdreams

Counting days until my next Dole Whip
Hello friends! My DH and I are taking our first ABD ever next year and we're doing the Backstage Magic! It starts on a Sunday and we are arriving the Friday evening before that so we'll have about a day and a half on our own in LA.

While on the actual ABD do you get a good view of the Hollywood sign during any of the LA activities? My DH has never seen it and I want to make sure he does. We can hike up to Griffith Park in the morning before we have to check in for the ABD but if we are already going to see it during the actual ABD then I'd rather do something else.

Hello friends! My DH and I are taking our first ABD ever next year and we're doing the Backstage Magic! It starts on a Sunday and we are arriving the Friday evening before that so we'll have about a day and a half on our own in LA.

While on the actual ABD do you get a good view of the Hollywood sign during any of the LA activities? My DH has never seen it and I want to make sure he does. We can hike up to Griffith Park in the morning before we have to check in for the ABD but if we are already going to see it during the actual ABD then I'd rather do something else.

On our August 2018 BSM trip, we got a pretty distant view of the Hollywood sign both from the Loews hotel and from the shopping center next door during our Hollywood day. We did go to Griffith Park to ride the carousel, but I don't recall being able to see the Hollywood sign from there. So you might want to try for a good view/pic on your own.

Agree with @Calfan above, you'll get an opportunity to see the famous sign from the Loews, but its a distant thing.

The Griffith Park hike is great but I don't think you can see the Hollywood sign. It's been a while since I've been on it. There is an access point through Beachwood Cyn. There is another great hike from the Observatory.

We hiked the trail through Runyon Canyon on our pre-day and we were able to see the sign at one point. It was in the distance but we could still see it. Runyon Canyon is about a 15 minute walk from the Loew's Hotel.

Thank you everyone! I'll make sure we plan on trying to catch the sign on our own. I've seen it from Griffith Observatory and I think that's where I'll take him- maybe for sunset (I know it will be packed!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter