Back to the Future Trip Part 10 - "Rockin' All Over The World!!" with Off Kilter!!

Fiona R from UK

Mouseketeer

Who we are etc!
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8

Sunday 10th February – Day 9 - "Rockin' All Over The World!!" with Off Kilter!!

Plan: EPCOT/TL
Hours: EPCOT 10-9
TL 10-5
Food: Breakfast:
Lunch: Biergarten?
Dinner: Pepper Market
Actual:
A lie in was in order today, well we are on holiday and there is no rush and we’re all still under the weather figaritivelty and literary speaking!! We saunter on down to EPCOT for 10.30 on the good and trusty busses, weather forecast is not good enough to squeeze in Typhoon Lagoon. The new EPCOT sign looks radiant, unencumbered by scaffolding this year, it’s obviously attracted all these CROWDS!! Test Track FPs for 1.25pm, this is not on!! We chilled and headed for Ellen’s Energy Adventure, one of our favourites and no scary dinosaurs this year, he he. Well, Sally wasn’t as scared by the dinosaurs, there were still plenty of dinosaurs. We race to Body Wars and Cranium Command, running out of time as we have our 1.15 PS for Biergarten to attend to, not that we are tied by yummy food stops or anything.

With a cursory wave at Mexico and Norway, we chucked our FPs at a grateful family of five, we cover the mileage, and get very wet feet as it’s deluged whilst we were inside.

The Biergarten in Germany was an atmospheric spot for lunch. Complete with all the Sound of Music tourist trappings that the Germans must be sick of! Lederhosen clad gentlemen with their Omm Pah Pah band, Alpine Horns and Glockenspiel Party Piece. The cow bell ringers stole the show. My only complaint was the lack of “oggle” :earseek: factor in the line up. We’re not talking Spiderman standards here!! Steve was well away with his litre of beer, and we feasted on a $13.99 buffet for adults, $6 for children. The food was good, and dessert was included. The cabbage was brilliant, red cabbage, cabbage in cream and sauerkraut. Favourite hot dish was Pork in Mustard Sauce and the salads had plenty of salami and frankfurters in them. Over an hour later we staggered out, replete and entertained, great for family entertainment, it had poured again, so no swimming this afternoon!!

We sauntered round to China to catch the children’s acrobatic show, which was indoors due to the weather. The children were amazing, but I felt slightly uncomfortable and hoped that the children were not being exploited. Steve enjoyed the 360 film whilst the girls started on mask making, which our family love. We also tried a full World Showcase pressed Penny collection, but unfortunately there are still two countries that don’t have a penny machine!!

Maelstrom in Norway had a half hour queue, where are all these people coming from? We compensated by riding The River of Time in Mexico. Ina slightly warped frame of mind it’s one of our favourite rides, a whooped up It’s a Small World with Atmosphere! We carry on wandering and soaking up the atmosphere, all the way round to Canada. Then a Disney moment, we heard Off Kilter start up, they were not on last Sunday and I hadn’t read the new schedule, we had missed them last year. That was that, do not miss Off Kilter, they are such fabulous showmen. Steve restrained me from buying the CD, he said it was like Sangria and wouldn’t travel home on CD!! Those hairy legs wouldn’t have fitted in the suitcase either. The band were very amenable and Sally got a full set of autographs, they were happy to chat after the show.

We enjoyed exploring Canada as we had never made it here last year, we saw the 360 film which was a great advert for the country. The motley crew didn’t want to wait for Tapestry of Dreams tonight, so we caught the 6pm Off Kilter, "it's a Small World" with massive amounts of attitude pelted out on bagpipes and retired back to Coronado Springs for a rest. As it was dank and drizzly, laundry was designated on our way over to the food court, and our very important date with the lovely Katholyn (Native Texan) from Michigan in Texas!! :bounce: I found her waiting patiently by the fountain, surrounded by grapefruit juice, her breakfast tipple had not behaved itself and the poor girl was mortified, she had had to summon a CM with a mop!! That sort of thing happens to me normally. I’d only ever “met” Kath in UKChat before, and we had arranged to meet after finding we were at the same resort for the same dates. We talked for England, and Texas as well!! She bravely joined us for dinner in the Pepper Market, but we didn’t eat very well as the gassing took precedence, if you get a chance to meet Kath you will not be disappointed, such a kind lady and soooo funny!!

Steve took the girls back and Kath and I fought our way through the smoky conventioneers to procure Margarita’s and took them outside to continue talking into the night. The lights were reflecting in the lake, and luckily the good company distracted me from the constant drizzle. We finally tore ourselves verbally apart and arranged to meet again tomorrow. I retired to put the laundry in the drier, but it was staying there until morning. I was going to title this report "Nice legs, shame about the face" in honour of Off Kilter, but was worried Kath may think I meant her!! Kath Rocks, and is a blonde bombshell!!! :bounce: :bounce:

No thought for my little bouteille de vin, but the whisky bottle is definitely evaporating very quickly, darling husband is snoring gently with the Spanish Weather Forecast on the box again!!. Despite the weather a great day.

Tomorrow: MGM and EPCOT and Tower of Terror in the Dark!!:bounce:

Excellent! I love finding another installment to your trip reports!

Glad you finally managed to catch up with Kath - had to laugh at the juice incident - sounds just like me!

Bev

A ha!

Having had dinner with Fiona on Saturday night, I know the complete story on the poor, neglected wine bottle. However, I have been sworn to silence.

I am always open to bribes though!

Kath sounds very nice, but then again, I knew she must be after 'chatting' to her over the last year or two.

Kev

I was wondering what had happened to that little bottle!!! LOL Sounds like you had a good day , despite the weather. Carolyn:bounce:

Oops, sorry I missed this bein posted yesterday, Fi!

Yer not a weather magnet are yer Pet? Or maybe yer are!

The Beirgarten sounds very good and will be added to me eatin list for next time.

Glad yer enjoyed meetin Kath, sounds like yer had a really good 'visit' together.

Glad you liked the German cabbage, the bagpipes and Kath ;)

Now what's all this about giving Kevin advance information about the honorary bottle of DIS vin de BA? Not fair (again!). Just don't keep us waiting so long for the next installment, and you might be forgiven!

Great report :)

Your meal in Germany sounded delicious, must make a mental note of that one.

Now, those Off Kilter chappies, well, was quite taken with one of them, and not just his legs!! Oh yes, and liked the way they sang too!! :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great meet up with Kath - isn't it fun meeting up with other Dis'ers when you're holidaying!

Astrid x

Thanks for the wonderful report - luv reading them!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter