Back to some normalcy.

3kidsdad

Mouseketeer
My oldest turned 21 today and to celebrate we went to Jock Lindsay’s Hanger Bar and who do we run into?

Paulette from P&J’s. She has been hosting here since being called back, but today is her last day here and she reports back to Trails End tomorrow. I told her that there was no fried chicken on the menu and she said “tell them you came all the way from Australia because you heard we had the best fried chicken”. If enough people do it they will bring it back”. She also said if you can manage a tear down the cheek it would help.:rotfl2:

I hope not, my fear is that the Earth will wobble off of its axis if the Fort doesnt have fried chicken.

I am curious though.... is it really some working on this on the inside saying,”...the easiest way for us to get back into the groove is to remove the fried chicken, etc. etc. from the TE dinner...” or is it someone inside saying “...let’s see what we can remove from the menu and get away with...?”

I am curious though.... is it really some working on this on the inside saying,”...the easiest way for us to get back into the groove is to remove the fried chicken, etc. etc. from the TE dinner...” or is it someone inside saying “...let’s see what we can remove from the menu and get away with...?”
Sounds like the makings of a conspiracy novel 8-)

Since we're talking the fried chicken, even though I have issues with other parts of the menu, my question is that they were able to offer it carry out from P&Js throughout the Trail's End closure but now it's gone? What's up with that?
Somebody's got some splainin to do....

I really do think it's an ease of operation issue. You go to your local grocery and in the deli they have the big rotisserie loaded with chicken and they have the big pressure fryers loaded with chicken. Now , I know at our grocery you can walk in and pick up a rotisserie chicken anytime, but if you want fried chicken you always have to wait for it. We have had to wait on fried chicken at TE a few times pre-covid. You can have one cook load the rotisserie, go do something else and unload when it's done. For the volume of fried chicken we are talking about it may take three cooks loading 6 pressure fryers constantly. They have to bread each piece of chicken, load the fryer, bread the next batch to go in the fryer while that's cooking, unload and start all over again.

Sadly, in this day and age of restaurants it's all about ease of execution and profitability. Not to mention, a lot of cooks at Disney aren't really cooks and some menus have to be very simple to produce. Disney will give the title of Cook1 when your whole job is to load baskets of fries for four hours, go take a lunch break and come back to loading hamburger patties on a conveyor belt to run through a broiler for four more hours.

It could also be a supply issue right now. Their approved supplier may only have whole chickens available because not enough people have returned to cut them up. I don't think Disney is going to pay people to stand and cut whole chickens into pieces. That now becomes an added cost that doesn't have to be there when they can just leave them whole and throw in a rotisserie. Sadly there is just no telling what the reasoning is, but if HDDR opens without fried chicken, it will be NOODLE GATE 2.

Our small local independent grocery store manages to have fried chicken available all day, seems like an industry giant that touts their great customer service could somehow pull off the same ? 8-)

(and Oh, by the way, at the risk of blasphemy, its better than trails end.... and WAY less expensive )

andddd. at the risk of piling on, even the gas station on the US highway just South of here has good fried chicken.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter