Back to pre preg weight!9 days of DxDP w/3 kids! UPDATED 4/25!

i do CRT for breakfast. Yes it is pre-plated, but you can special order if you need/want to. (exp: no meat, no onions, whatever you need). Sad that you had such a bad/rushed experience. Total contrast to mine, and I personally would have sent the overly salted meal back. they had NO issues when I balked at seeing onions in mine. :confused3

Oh, and 'us old people' can do BBB to, there is not max age! you just can't wear the costumes. :confused3

the kids all look great! :thumbsup2

And to think I was even contemplating cancelling this from all of the negative reviews lately! Soooo glad I kept it ;) We enjoyed our visit here in 2009 but this time was even better.

We hopped the monorail from MK over to the Poly and had a little bit of time to kill so we freshened up, got the kids changed into their dresses, walked through their stores there, etc. Our ADR was for 9:10 and we checked in around 8:45. We were seated a LOT faster this time which was odd to me since our ADR in 09 was right for opening and we waited much longer then.

We were all happy going in but I was have a bit of a panic attack for whatever reason. We were seated right next to the window and I knew this was going to be perfect for Wishes that was due to start @ 10 this evening ;) Our waiter was very nice and had welcomed us back to Ohanas, explained how everything works and such and took our drink orders. Since I was feeling edgy I took the plunge and ordered the Lapu Lapu! I felt I needed a drink and have ALWAYS wanted to order one of these! The kids were brought out strawberry daiquiris (non alcoholic of course!) and this was included on the DxDP which was just the greatest thing to them ;) DH ordered a nada colada haha, he doesn't drink at all.

ohannnn.jpg

Internal view of the Lapu Lapu!
361.jpg

ohannn.jpg

It tasted strong and I did get a bit of a buzz (which was MORE than welcomed that evening!) but it must not have been too strong because I am a total lightweight when it comes to drinking (I don't drink much at all) and I didn't feel it later into the meal. Good though and if you have always wanted to order it then DO it! It looks cool and ppl will think you are cool with this drink in your hands ;)

We were also given several of these beauties!! Warm, fresh and soft, sweet and ohhh sooo addictive! To me it tasted better this time as opposed to our last visit ;)
obread.jpg

The butter to go with it!
ohann.jpg

I normally don't do butter but here I did put a little bit on the bread and its just a match made in Heaven!

Before I knew it this was placed on my table...and uhhh ohhh, it was only PJ and I as DH was off to watch the girls do their coconut races and hula lessons!
ohan.jpg

370.jpg

Ohhhh how I love this salad! The greens, the light dressing that covers them...very simple but just done perfectly! I was truly enjoying myself now and feeling much more at ease. Very happy ;)

Look what sissy brought him back...Even PJ LOVES Ohana!
358.jpg

My kids were really enjoying themselves and so were we. This is why I love Ohanas, it makes our whole family happy and content! The kids were ready to dig upon arriving back to the table. Just in time we had even MORE food placed upon our table!

The wonderful pot stickers, wings and dipping sauces!! Noodles and veggie mix! It was all steaming hot and fresh.

oh.jpg

ohannnnn.jpg

ohanaa.jpg

The pot stickers had a nice crunch to them and the sauce on top just makes them that much better! So full of flavor, these are one of my favorites! DH and Lily raved over the wings. I don't do bones but these did look delicious! Sticky and messy though. The noodles were very good this time as well. I'm not sure if ours were just icky last time but this visit they were fantastic! They were chewy, starchy and just everything a lomein noodle should be. They were not greasy or sticky. Hot, fresh and YUMMY! Of course, the poor veggies...they always get overlooked but I LOVE them here as well! Fresh and prepared nicely, not soggy at all.

Continued on next post!

Then out came the meats!! Chicken, Pork, Steak and Shrimp!! The chicken was new to us as before it was turkey which I did NOT care for. Ohhhh they made a GREAT choice to add chicken! It was juicy, tender and full of grilled flavor!! Again, I don't do pork but it too was "very good" according to DH and Lily. The steak was perfect this time...cooked medium well I'd say which to me is perfection. NO fat, NO gristle just a nice cut of sirloin I believe which is one of my favs ;) It was juicy and steaming hot with a nice flavor to it as well. The Shrimp came last and were just as good as the meats! EVERYTHING was just wonderful! We were having a fabulous meal and enjoying every minute of it for sure.
365.jpg

ohanaaa.jpg

ohanana.jpg

362.jpg

357.jpg

364.jpg

I knew to save room for Dessert and before it started I had my fantasy dessert placed upon our table! Right after the lights dimmed and the music was piped in and Wishes started...

376-1.jpg

367.jpg

She really is beautiful, isn't she? Ohhhhh MY...yep, this is the stuff dreams are made of. The ice cream is just like silk on top of the soft, warm, mushy bread pudding. Then to go and add the caramel sauce with banana.....ohhh it just puts this over the TOP! Remember those old Herbal Essence commercials, an "organic" experience...yep, this is right up there with that, NO JOKE. I ate WAY too much but it was more than worth it, period.

They also bought out a plate of their Ice Cream for the kids with sprinkles on top. Vi enjoyed this
366.jpg

378.jpg

We enjoyed all of this with a great view of wishes! How couldn't it be a perfect evening?! We never felt rushed to leave and just sat back and really relaxed there. The baby fell asleep and the kids were having a wonderful time as well. We were mingling with a group of business people from CA at the table next to us... I really hated to see this evening come to an end :( Sadly it had to.

I will be going to Ohanas most likely on every WDW trip from here on through. It is a must do for our family as everyone loves it here. The food, the service, the atmosphere, EVERYTHING was on point this visit. IMO its a GREAT meal and a wonderful value if you are or are not on the DDP. It really left me yearning for another Ohana meal towards the end of the week. I'd do anything right now to have this meal all over again tonight:lovestruc

If you are considering cancelling, DON'T DO IT! This was one of our best meals of the trip:cool2

i do CRT for breakfast. Yes it is pre-plated, but you can special order if you need/want to. (exp: no meat, no onions, whatever you need). Sad that you had such a bad/rushed experience. Total contrast to mine, and I personally would have sent the overly salted meal back. they had NO issues when I balked at seeing onions in mine. :confused3

Oh, and 'us old people' can do BBB to, there is not max age! you just can't wear the costumes. :confused3

the kids all look great! :thumbsup2

DH doesn't send things back unless I make him or if its reaaaaaly inedible lol. Maybe it was a fluke because I know that dish in particular seems to have pretty decent reviews :confused3

We still had a good time there and would go again, just not for Lunch. Good to hear you can special order if needed. That would be a way to ensure freshness which is a good idea for sure!

Wooo Hooo about BBB ;) I'm totally getting it done next visit! Thanks for the heads up!

welcome back! I'm glad you didn't cancel Narcoossee's. Your DS' outfit with the tie at CRT is absolutely adorable. Looking forward to the rest of the reviews. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you enjoyed O'hana....We had a bad experience here for my Bday in April '08. Our ADR was around the same time as yours and wishes was at 9 that night so I think we may have been the last party sat even. It started when I sat down at the table and the chair pad was SOAKING wet....so gross! The service for us was terrible too, like annoyed we were there so late.....the food was pretty good though so I'm hoping we give it another try. Maybe at a better time like mid-dinner service or something. I remember that bread pudding being HEAVENLY!!!!

Ohanas is a must do for us ! We love it there for dinner and breakfast! I loved the pic of your little PJ with the flower lei his sister gave him...adorable!
I have to agree with you about CRT. We have done lunch and breakfast there. The food is just edible. And the price is ridiculous. Its the atmostphere and the princesses you go to really see. This trip in August we will be skipping CRT and trying Akershus instead...still princesses but only 1TS credit. My DD's choice since she is the only one who cares about princesses. My 2 DS's only want the food. ;)

Yum Yum Yum! I love 'Ohanas. We had the same server when we were there in March. The steak was cooked to perfection. The only thing I didn't try was the shrimp because I was too lazy to peel it myself. I have only positive things to say about 'Ohana and I only hope I have the same experience next time!

PJ was so handsome in his suit. And the girls looked like beautiful princesses.

Wonderful Ohana Review :) I want to go there so bad right now!! I wonder if I could make it my Christmas Day meal or if that would be insane... I don't know. It's the best dinner EVER.

And also as far as CRT... I'm sorry to say, but none of those princesses look very legitimate. Honestly, they scare me a little! I don't like how you have to pay for that meal and then you get weak princesses. Not okay. :confused3

Yes! I hear ya...I don't know why but that bothers me as well. I wish they would find people who look more like the characters. It's slightly disturbing to me when Pocahontas isn't Native American, etc..etc...

Loving your reviews :goodvibes

Looks like you had a wonderful evening at Ohanas

Your kidos are all soooo cute and PJ looks very smart at CRT :thumbsup2

Your family is just lovely! I will be in Disney Oct 23-30 with just my toddler and I! It will be great-- but I'm so nervous, he'll only be 14 months at that time!

Oh...my...gosh! I just got to read through your whole review and I'm dying for a red velvet cupcake and some bread pudding right about now!! Your reviews are great and I love your pictures. Your family is just beautiful! I had been reading some bad and so-so reviews of Ohana lately and I'd been a little nervous about trying it for the first time on our next trip. But today I read two great reviews so I'm feeling so much better about it, I can't wait!:banana: Can't wait to read more!

Loving your reviews :goodvibes

Looks like you had a wonderful evening at Ohanas

Your kidos are all soooo cute and PJ looks very smart at CRT :thumbsup2

he looks like a tiny business man lol. thanks ;)

Your family is just lovely! I will be in Disney Oct 23-30 with just my toddler and I! It will be great-- but I'm so nervous, he'll only be 14 months at that time!

You will be JUST FINE! This age is IMO the easiest ;) I worry more about my girls than the baby to be honest lol. My sister and I will be down during that time as well ;) Where will you be staying? We are thinking of CBR or AKL!

Oh...my...gosh! I just got to read through your whole review and I'm dying for a red velvet cupcake and some bread pudding right about now!! Your reviews are great and I love your pictures. Your family is just beautiful! I had been reading some bad and so-so reviews of Ohana lately and I'd been a little nervous about trying it for the first time on our next trip. But today I read two great reviews so I'm feeling so much better about it, I can't wait!:banana: Can't wait to read more!

Yea, I can't look through my Disney pics without getting hungry for one thing or another ! However, after PJs Bday party I have seen enough cake to last me a while lol. Thanks for the compliments. We really love Ohana...you just have to go and try it for yourself, then make your own decision on it!

BUT now I'm back and ready to review some more ! Totally got caught up with PJs 1st bday party and then Easter the day after....whew, just glad its OVER with! UP next, Tusker House BF, Y&Y lunch and Jiko Dinner!!!

We had gotten up early for our 8 am ADR for TH. We really enjoyed our breakfast here back in 2009 so I decided to go ahead and book it again. Once again it was DOWNPOURING for our AK day literally as soon as we stepped off the bus which really irked me. Seems like EVERY time we go to AK it pours rain. Oh well, we busted out the ponchos and bought 3 umbrellas and we were off our merry way.

We checked in and were called fairly quickly. They wanted to take our pic but I declined as we were all soaked and would prefer to spend our money elsewhere rather than on a picture. We were walked towards our table and the place was empty which was nice ;) We were told to go ahead and get started on BF so off I went. For those of you who haven't been to Tusker House, it really is a neat place. The ceilings are decorated and the food selection is vast. Here are some pics of some of the offerings and some of our plates. (My camera was set on the wrong setting for 1/2 of our meal, I apologize!).

386.jpg

385.jpg

387.jpg

388.jpg

389.jpg

390.jpg

391.jpg

392.jpg

393.jpg

394.jpg

395.jpg

I came back to my table with this...(after everyone thought I was a lunatic for taking all of those pics lol)
399.jpg

Mickey waffles, eggs, some quiche and coconut yams. This was mine and PJs plate ;)

Everything was fresh and good. Nothing like a Mickey Waffle in the morn ;)

Another plate...
400.jpg

Chocolate chip croissant, apple turnover, blintzes and some fruit. I LOVE the blintzes here and the pastries are always so fresh and plentiful! The fruit was cold and fresh as well. No complaints.

DDs plate
401.jpg

Jungle Juice
402.jpg

PJ LOVED this!

Not sure whos dish this was? lol. The slice of bread was a citrus bread I believe and it was pretty good. Some of the spreads and jellys were unique, there is just so much variety of new and different foods here that I never can get a chance to try everything it seems :( I do remember them having golden raisins here which I LOVE with my yogurt (though not shown here).

418.jpg

DHs plate of grossness (IMO!) I don't eat bacon or sausage :sick:

419.jpg

the parade they do with the kids
409.jpg

And the characters...

398.jpg

This ones HILARIOUS ...poor PJ

403.jpg

407.jpg

416.jpg

Overall we had a good meal here but I'm not in a hurry to do it again. I think we'll skip it next time simply because we have been there several times now and would like to try something different. It is convenient if you are in the AK for the morning and the food is very good for buffet style with a TON of selection and options. The characters are some of the most rushed I have ever seen and Donald Duck was not around the morning we went??

I'd give Tusker House Breakfast a 3 on the scale. The food is good, the characters are very rushed. It gets VERY busy and is extremely LOUD. One of the loudest places we ate at to be frank. It's busy and the tables are very close together, you are literally on top of one another and I felt closed in once the placed started to fill up. I STRONGLY suggest going prior to park opening to avoid as much of this as you can. We will do it again, just not any time in the near future :)

After quite an eventful morning spent in the pouring rain @ AK we made our way over to Y n Y for our lunch ADR. The place was quite busy and I'm assuming it was mostly because of the rain and everyone wanting to get out of it. We stood in the corner after we checked in and it took a good 15 minutes before our name was called. The kids were more than ready to eat and PJ was ready for a nap. Once we were seated we placed the kids order with our drink and appetizer order since I knew they were both starving. I was very tempted to have a yak attack but it was too early for me and I really wasn't in the mood for alcohol unfortunately:rotfl:

I let Vi take the pictures of the kids meals, which were brought out promptly. Both ordered the chicken with two sides (rice and fries and rice and applesauce). This experience was quite different in our other lunch at Y n Y later on in the week because we were not offered appetizers for the kids this time around??

449.jpg

453.jpg

She also felt the need to take a picture of this?? All you kids out there rejoice!!! ;)

447.jpg

We went with the lettuce cups and Tuna for our apps.

452.jpg

454.jpg

I had the tuna and while it was fresh and nicely presented it didn't taste like anything to me? Mind you, this was the first time I had eaten something such as this so take that opinion with a grain of salt...it just didn't do much for me. DH's lettuce cups were yummy though! I should have ordered these but wanted to be more adventurous in my dining. The minced meat they serve it with was yummy and overall it was a nice, light starter to a meal. DH enjoyed it very much.

The kids were enjoying their meals and both liked the chicken and rice. Sometime during the time we placed our orders for our Entrees PJ had to be rocked to sleep so I took him by the bathrooms and sang his "bubba bass boy" song to him there and he was out cold within 2 minutes lol. I came back to our table and as soon as I sat down our food was served.

Dh had the ribs and I ordered the maple tamarind chicken with coconut ginger rice.

456.jpg

458.jpg

All I can say is "Meh" about my dish. It just didn't do it for me in the least. The chicken was bland tasting and dry and the rice was soooo plain tasting. I didn't pick up coconut (which is one of my FAVs) at all in the rice. I thought i would really like this dish but I was rather disappointed to be honest.

DHs ribs on the other hand....WOW:eek: Now, remember I don't eat pork...I don't like ribs and I certainly don't eat things with bones in them! These I made the exception for. I didn't have to touch the bone since the meat fell right off. The sauce they use for the ribs is SOOOOO incredible, sweet and a little tangy, thick bbq style sauce with sesame seeds on top (another fav of mine!). The meat was steaming as it was peeled off the bone, they were so fresh and just SO good!

Let's not forget though...Amanda doesn't do ribs....yeaaaa right. Well, Amanda wished she had ordered these at this point instead of the dry chicken breast lol. Needless to say he ate every flipping last one of them and most of the rice as well (which was also very good!). He only complained about the veggies which with him, isn't surprising.

After all of this is was time for dessert. I already knew what we were going to order loooong before our day here. DH had the fried cream cheese wontons and I had the sorbet selection. The kids had chocolate pudding and an ice cream sundae.

931-1.jpg

928-1.jpg

929-1.jpg

459.jpg

The cream cheese wontons are pretty much EVERYTHING you would think and dream they are :lovestruc Too heavy for my tummy though so I only tried one with a fried pineapple and the sauce drizzled over it...fell in love with that little pocket of sweet, warm cream cheese filling inside of the wonton too...OK snap outta it. Umm..They were soooo sinfully good! DH LOVED these and so did the kids. In fact, the kids didn't even eat their desserts, they ate ours instead lol.

My sorbets were also very good. I LOVED the green one, I think it was lime with mint?? It reminded me of a better version daiquiri ice from Baskin Robins which has always been a favorite of mine. Mango came in 2nd for me and was also very good, though my Violette LOVED the "pink" raspberry sorbet and devoured it.

Overall we enjoyed our meal here. Our server was efficient and friendly and the place is pretty neat to dine in. It is pretty loud and busy but the food was all fresh and served promptly. Though I didn't care for my dish I still rate it at a 3. We aren't in a hurry to return here though, I'm totally yak and yetied out :rolleyes:

Just found your report. I know one thing for sure I WANT a butterfinger cupcake on our next trip and I won't cancel Ohana which I was thinking about. So thank you for both of those things!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter