Back from the Nick Hotel

DisneyMomx7

DIS Veteran
Well we survived the Nick Hotel! Only kidding.

Good points - Kids had a ball! The pool really was like a mini waterpark and they had activities and games for the kids all day long. At night the kids liked the Nick shows. Sign up early though as they fill up quickly. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Kids loved this slime time drink at the pool bar. Housekeeping was very good and the room was nice size for 5. Kids had bunk beds which they loved and we had a king size bed. Living area was fine for us. We had a room that looked out onto the "lake" and it was actually nicer than I expected.

Bad points - Food at buffets is not very good. Food court was open and that was fine for lunch. We had the dinner buffet and the character breakfast and weren't impressed. Second night we headed out to DTD for dinner. It is a very "active" hotel (which we expected). I don't think we could have done it more than two days.

Overall, it was worth it. The kids had a great time, room was fine and service was very good. We would do it again for a two night stay maybe at the end of a Disney trip to let kids just play and relax.

Any questions let me know.

Thanks for the review we will be there for a one night stay in about 2 weeks!

One question I have is that since we are only staying for one night and won't be arriving into the Orlando area till 12-1pm ( driving from il.) Is that going to be too late to sign up for the evening shows? If we were there more then one night I wouldn't worry about it. However, we have to try and fit it all into that one night! I don't even plan on mentioning the evening shows to the kids. They think the pool is the entertainment so that way if we can't get in they won't be as crushed but still would like to.

I would sign up for the show as soon as you get there. They have several shows so you may not get the one you want, but you'll probably be able to get in. The first night we weren't able to get the show we wanted but still enjoyed the one we did see.

Have fun - your kids will love it. BTW they have tons of activities poolside for the kids during the day.

Thanks for the info. We booked one night (Dec 4th) and DS is thrilled.

Tell me, was the theming in the kid's suite a little crazy - looks like it would keep me up all night, but kids probably love it.

We had requested Sponge Bob but instead had Jimmy Neutron. It's not as bad as it looks on the pictures. Plus the kids were so tired at night it didn't matter. They did have little lights next to the bed and one could be used like a night light. It really is a great place for kids. I just told DH - keep your sunglasses on and we'll all be fine!

One thing I have to mention though - the staff's friendliness and service was as good as DIsney and the housekeeping was superior to our experience at the GF this year.

Thanks!

BTW, about the SpongeBob rooms. I see on the site that they are listed at a higher rate than the kid's suites. Guess he's popular and people will be pay $20 more to sleep with him staring at ya??! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter