Back from the DISmeet at Square One!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! We had another fun DISmeet! I meet some great new folks and some good old friends!

Thanks to Julie from bringing me Minnie Bobblehead! I now have a complete set! Thanks to Julie for bringing the Disney candy ~ Emily loved them! Thanks Janet for bringing the Krispy Kremes, it was a great surprise and yummy treat!

Seeing everyones pics was fun!

I think some of you talked me into Port Orleans next trip!

We chatted about meeting at the zoo late spring!

THANKS! Sandra

Yes, had a great time. It was nice to meet all of you. I just hope my head wasn't bent over for any of those pictures, I'd hate to see those roots!!!:p

Thanks for arranging the meet Sandra.

Hope everyone got home safely! We got home at 5:30 after stopping in at Krispy Kreme in Mississauga for the "2 to go" and then Chapters in Kitchener for a Starbucks and a browse through the magazines. Picked up a pizza in Woodstock instead of the BBQ'd Chicken. :p

Thanks for copying the CD for me Sandra, I just finished watching it and it was excellent!! :)

The KKs were a delicious treat, Janet! Thank you! :)

As Sandra said, it was great to see "some good old friends" and make new ones! :)

I guess I'm now an official pin collector too, I bought 10 at the DS. Couldn't resist 75% off! ;) Now I just need the lanyard. Dh said, he was just waiting for me to start collecting them too. LOL! I still came back with a Goofy BH so Dh says he'll take it work to sit beside his Mickey BH ~ I think I've created a collector! ;)

I'd love to go to the zoo in the spring, haven't been in years and I hope to get to Hamilton for that lunch I missed soon!

Thanks for coming everyone! It was fun! :)

Sounds like you all had a great time! I'm sorry that we couldn't make it, but I spent most of the day in bed. Still not feeling 100%, but hopefully by tomorrow I will be.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling much better, Kathy! :)

I had a great time yesterday! :) :)

Special thanks to Scratch (Janet), for filling us up with Krispy Kreme donuts, also Julie, for my new Minnie bobblehead! :)

It was very nice to make some new DIS friends! I look forward to seeing everyone again, plus those who couldn't make it, soon!! :)

Kim :)

Sounds like you all had a great time.Hopefully I will meet up with some of one of these days(you could always meet me at the soccer pitch,hehehe)

I'm sorry I didn't make it. I woke up Sunday morning with a splitting headache, stuffy nose and runny eyes. Decided not in inflict this state on anyone else and went back to bed for most of the day. DS wasn't pleased as I had said that we could maybe go to a movie -- The Recruit (not my choice) after he got home from work but just couldn't. Told him maybe this week.

Feeling better this morning though so hopefully it won't last long.

A meet at the zoo sounds great -- haven't been in years. We were members when DS was small but as a teenager he lost interest so didn't maintain the membership.

Cdnmickeylover (Fiona)

I had a really great time meeting you all yesterday. Sorry you couldn't make it Baboo, but I'm glad you're feeling better.
Thanks Tantor & Scratch for the heads up on the cruise. I loved seeing eveyone's pictures. But as per usual my Disney addiction got the better of me, bought dd a sweatshirt and 10 pins at Sq.1 and then on the way home today I stopped at Yorkdale and bought another 19 pins :eek: & a sweatshirt for me. Hey @ 25% off clothes and $1.88 for pins, I couldn't help myself...I'll give dd the pins as little "rewards" for the next YEAR!- I've just got to hide them from dh
uhoh.gif
Thanks everyone for the fun time!
Wendy

I bought 9 pins and only gave one to dd ~ LOL! I think I might go back to Square One and buy a bunch more for next trip's surprise gifts. Thanks all! S

Hi everyone. What a great time yesterday. Thanks for the doughnuts Scratch, and Julie--my mickey bobblehead looks so cute with the others-now to find Donald. Looking forward to lunch at Limeridge mall again. Good to see everyone again and to meet some new friends. Talk soon. Kathy

Yorkdale has 5 times as many pins as Sq1 does. They had the rack full and 3 "storage" size rubbermaid bins full. Lots of differnce styles from different collections, ei. Movies, songs, Epcot Countries (Great postage stamp of Donald @ Canada design) Mickey & Minnie Xmas. I really had a hard time to limit it to only 19 pins:eek: - "It's worth the drive to Yorkdale"
I spoke to a guy that collects them there (he has over 2500!) He said Fairview always brings in differents pins then all the other stores in T.O. area, so that might be a good place for pin traders to look too.

Great meet
Glad to see some old freinds (not in years loo) and new ones.
Thanks Stratch fot the treat of the KK's.
Glad to see the photos of the meet posted (Thanks Julie)
See you all at the next one I hope.

Now how would you where all those....hmmm

I had to be at a meeting so I really didn't get time to look at anything. Glad some of you got some good deals. Looked like there were alot of sales. Those princesss shirts were soooo cute. I am going to try to get back to Sq1 and get some of those deals.

HI! Thanks for the heads up on the pins. Looks like I'm heading to Yorkdale for pins! Chat soon! S

Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, but the board wouldn't let post here!LOL

It was great meeting everybody and DD even asked when the next meet was!LOL

Did someone say Pins? I refrained on Sunday 'cause I have to make final payment on Easter trip soon!

It's nice to meet people that love Disney and Krispy Kremes!LOL

It was great talking Disney without someone saying, "Aren't you bored of that place yet?!"

Talk to you all soon, gotta get some work done today.

Scratch
:smooth:

Oh, I wish I didn't live so far away! I'd love to have gone over to Yorkdale to see what pins they have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter