Back from the BW

Peebee

Disney Dad
Hi everyone,

Just back from our 2 weeks at the BW and feeling gloomy about being back in the much cooler UK :(

Will post a trip report in due course, but thought I would mention some DVC/BW specifics for you first:

We were in a studio this time, so no VCR. Anyhow about halfway through the holiday we were walking down one of the long BW corridors and came across an unattended cart of brand-new DVD/CD players :D I considered for about 10 seconds whether they would appreciate me installing one in the studio to watch the Lion King DVD i'd purchased the day before, but then thought better of it:D Checked at the front desk and apparently all the old VCRs are being replaced with these new machines and the installations should be pretty much complete by now. Not sure what the situation is for VWL/OKW/etc but I would guess everywhere will get them in the end.

All of the external refurbishment at the BW was completed - hooray! It was great seeing the place without scaffolding for a change. However, there is always maintenance going on it seems and what with the Luna Park pool slide being worked on and the regular high-pressure window cleaning by the 'quiet' pool it reminded me a bit of painting the Forth bridge - it never really ends!

The studio was 3006, a *very* long way from the elevators, but that wasn't really a problem for us. For a standard view it was a great room, looking our over the Swan and MGM (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pborrett/blueandred/roomview.jpg). We'd stayed in a studio at OKW for a few days last year and thought the bed/sofa combination at BW gave us more usable living space than the two-bed OKW layout.

Pool-hopped to VWL one day and really enjoyed it. Such a lovely resort and so laid-back. Laying on a lounger at the quiet pool I suddenly realised there was soothing music playing in the background as well - a lovely touch. A little maintenance work going on there as well, but nothing major - just paint touch-ups to keep everything looking fresh and new.

All in all it was a wonderful trip and a great reminder of why we bought into DVC. Great locations, friendly cast members (a welcome home from the guard on virtually every occasions), and above all a very relaxing two weeks.

Paul

Hey Paul, sounds like you had a good trip :)

So glad to hear too that the scaffolding is finally gone from the BW too...of course, I'm thinking they've finished it, and are working on Luna Park and sprucing the windows and paintwork so they've got it all nice in time for my trip at Christmas - very thoughtful of them huh? ;)

Nice room view by the way! :)

Welcome Back Paul :wave:

Glad you had a great trip. Good picture.

Looking forward to your trip report;)

I can't wait to stay here hopefully in December (I'm waitlisted so not much chance of that) otherwise it'll have to be 2005.

The pool at VWL sounded good to I'm staying at WL in December also so I'll go and have a nosey at that.

Your view looked great from the piccy.

Glad you had a great trip Paul. I'm only back on Wednesday from OKW and Vero beach had a fab time :crazy:

jj....... pirate:

How was Vero JJ ? We are still thinking about swapping out the last 2-3 days of our trip next year, but aren't 100% sure it's worth the hassle, especially with a baby and my mum in tow :D

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time at WL Sam, it's definitely my second favourite resort after BW. Have a look at the villas there and the relaxation area on the ground floor (can't think what it's called but there are chess & checker boards on the table tops, and big comfy chairs - very relaxing).

By the way, the trip report is taking an age as i'm in the middle of a big project, but we've updated our web site with some more photos of the trip. Mostly of DS with various characters as well as mum and dad (spot the difference :D).

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pborrett/blueandred/photos/florida-october2003/index.html

Paul

Vero was great -- Weather was just nice. We arrived at the start of our hols and i think we'd do this again. As we flew into Miami we thought we'd drive up to Vero for the first few days and get over our jetlag. Great idea walked along the beach chilled out - went to Pelican Island ( well its a boardwalk over looking the island ) lovely and quiet. Also went to outlet shops and mall.

jj........ ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter