Back from Poly-one small complaint

thumpersfriend

DIS Veteran
Can't complain that the Poly was not what I expected, just thought the volcano pool looked bigger in the pictures than in person. Butt - I could not believe all the cigarette butts on that beautiful white sandy beach. It is the most beautiful resort, why would people want to do this? Or should they have someone pick it up every morning? I noticed it mostly near the volcano pool, not so much near the other way. We had the best time there though, just something they may need to address. I went at a very busy period though, April 21-25 so there were alot of people. Just never saw anyone smoking though.

Unfortunately, butts are a major problem everywhere. We stayed in a ground floor room at Old Key West and the number of butts on the ground outside the patio was mind-numbing. I don't know what makes people throw their smoked butts on the ground, but plenty of them do.

It was pitiful seeing this little girl playing in the sand with her pail and shovel and picking out the butts. Maybe these are the people who are not staying there? Can't imagine someone staying there would want to do that to their beautiful beach.

The sad thing is, that is a problem not at Disney World, but at any beach. I have friends that smoke (I certainly don't) and I'm anal around them that they put them out and then throw them in a trash, or a designated disposal.

Smokers, please be kind and throw out your butts!

I like how some smokers assume that a cigarette butt is not trash. Next time I drink a soda, maybe I'll through my cup onto the ground when I'm finished. Please use an ash tray, folks.

thumpersfriend said:
Maybe these are the people who are not staying there? Can't imagine someone staying there would want to do that to their beautiful beach.

Then who would it be? The beach at Fort Wilderness Lodge also has a bunch. I was on the beach watching the Water Parade and while we waited for it and all during it, people were smoking and just dropping them. I think they think the sand is their ashtray. I don't buy it's just people not staying there.

I hate it when people are disrespectful to the grounds of WDW, its really sad. On our last trip after the MVMCP parade cleared out, there were trays of food and garbage just thrown all over main st. :guilty:

I think that would be a great comment/suggestion for the MOD (manager on duty). I would have made a phone call or asked to speak with someone at the front desk. I think it is really sad that people can't clean up after themselves, whether it be leaving your dirty trays at a counter service table or your cig butts by the pool.

Disgusting. I smoke a cigar now and then, but I'm mature enough to figure out how to use an ash tray.

One would think that if they can work a lighter, they can muster up the cognitive ability to figure out how to use an ash tray. Hairless apes, the lot of them.

CaipiraBob said:
Hairless apes, the lot of them.

:rotfl:

Thank you! Now I have something to call the person... um, no... hairless ape driving the car in front of me when they flick their butt out the window. :teeth: Yet another "tool" to keep the kids away from smoking!

Yes it's not just a problem at Disney World but everywhere. I heard that there was a law in Florida that if you see someone throwing their "butts" out a car window (or probably anywhere for that matter) you can report them and their license plate to the police and they will be sent a fine. I better keep a pen and notepad handy next time we go whoo-hoo!

We love the Poly!!!
:goodvibes
And I agree about the pool.... we thought it was small too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter