Back from BCV

We were at at BCV at the same time you were. It was our first trip there.I loved it and found it to be in great shape as well. The room had a few small items that needed to be repaired, but nothing major. I would like to see the pull out beds replaced with the type they now have at OKW. They are so comfortable, and the one we had at BCV was tough to spend 3 nights on. I am sure they will be replacing them soon.
My kids, 19,15 and 9, and my niece and nephew, 15 and 13, did not really enjoy the SAB pool though and once we arrived at OKW, they were in the pool there more.. go figure! All in all, we had a fabulous 11 day trip and I love my DVC more every year I use it!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to go for 5 days next May!

I have debated with myself over switching from SSR to BCV as I like the location and theme of them better, but as SSR is my home resort feel I should stay there first. Thanks for the report.

One other point, not one time in the 4 days I stayed at BCV did anyone check for our entry to SAB. The place was packed and I would have liked to see someone caring about checking to see if we all were guests. So much for the " no pool hopping"....?

IDs were checked thoroughly last summer, and wristbands issued. I wonder what's up? Couldn't go this June - my wife had ACL replacement surgery June 6th. We're reserved for next June however, and only trying to decide whether to try for a 7 month partial trip switch to BWV or OKW. We stayed at OKW for a couple of nights in June '03 and really enoyed the resort. Haven't stayed at BWV yet. We'll see what's available at the 7 month window, and then make a decision.

ID's were checked the last time I was there too. I think they should be checked, and I was dissapointed about it. They also had the towels out in a bin, just like they used to do at OKW. When we moved over to OKW, the towels were at Hanks, and I had to show my resort ID, which was checked and they checked the ressie to find out if I really had 10 people in my party. Very efficient. One other thing was the new policy at Disney which statest that only one alcoholic drink can be sold to a person at a time. In other words, my husband could not go to the counter and buy me a drink. At SAB, he came to our lounges with 4 drinks for some of the adults.... at OKW, they strictly enforced the policy.... It seems to me, the place that needs to be stricter, SAB, is not enforcing security at all.Also, we came in at 1 am from a late night, and not one of the doors to the building was locked......

Thanks for the report about your DVC experience at BCV. Glad to hear that it was so positive, and that you had a great trip!

I'll bet there aren't many families that has pool-hop from BCV to BWV!!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and impressions from this trip. :)

Thanks for sharing. It is interesting that OKW was stricter with checking ID for towels and such than Storm along Bay.

HI. We just got back too, and also found the resort to be in wonderful shape. It is a testament to the hard work they do, because the place is so popular and so BUSY -- imagine the wear and tear they deal with! One example, I did laundry one day and a few days later we ran out of undies. My hubby went to do another quick laundry and the laundry room was down to only ONE washer. He had to wait, and said you could see that the one washer, a new front-loading type -- was damaged. It looked like some doofus had tried to open the door during the cycle. Well, the door locks so the water doesn't come spewing out, and so the user had evidently ripped the door right off the machine. Yikes! So here the whole Villas was, with only one washing machine.

Stuff like this must happen all the time. But overall, I was impressed with how nice everything looked. The only thing yukky in our room was the little couch. While not dirty, it was quite stained in spots, and looked fairly gross due to that... When the stains aren't your own, you wonder what they are... Anyhow, this was the only thing less than ship-shape in our room. We had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter